Which do You Prefer? Tarot Cards or Oracle Cards?

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
creativemind243

Which do You Prefer? Tarot Cards or Oracle Cards?

Post by creativemind243 »

I, myself, enjoy both of them but I think they can both be very beneficial in Divination. However; I know there's some people that prefer one to the other and I am wondering why! Thanks :)
There is a battle of two wolves inside us; one is evil, It is jealousy, greed, and lies. The other is good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, kindness, and truth. The one that wins?
The one you feed.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Which do You Prefer? Tarot Cards or Oracle Cards?

Post by SpiritTalker »

I actually don't read cards - it's just not my forte. I have LeNormand & Rider-Waite decks & of the 2 I prefer LeNormand. There's less to memorize. I've received gifts of 3-4 various oracle decks & passed them on.
Siona

Post by Siona »

For cards, I prefer to read lenormand or playing cards. I have a few tarot decks, but the imagery just doesn't really do it for me. Although I did just recently get a crow tarot deck, which has been interesting. I do also enjoy a plant and animal deck I have, but for me it doesn't give detailed enough answers. Not easy to build on and dig deeper into answers with, like I find some other decks to be.
tourennatrix

Post by tourennatrix »

I am new-ish to feeling into divination. I started with runes because tarot seemed 'too contrived' from my perspective, and I didn't have a clue what Oracle cards even were. Now I have an Oracle deck and I found a tarot deck that has artwork that sings to me, but I definitely don't have the funds for it yet.

With the runes, I've done a single rune draw each week for a couple months, a year-ahead at Yule, and a "traditional casting' at the beginning of terms at school.

My Oracle is the Faces if the Divine Feminine, which I do a daily draw from each morning as a reminder to invite certain qualities into my life.

I'm not very good yet at knowing what sort of questions or situations to pose to runes/tarot, but if I ever figure that out I might get that tarot deck that jumped out at me.
MizLynn3

Post by MizLynn3 »

I use 2 decks for tarot and 1 Oracle deck.
For me the oracle is like a conformation of what the tarot is telling me. Like a guiding hand leading me in the right way.

Sometimes I just use the oracle to see where I need to focus my energy on to have more balance, where I may be lacking.

Hope this helps.

MizLynn
Coven

Post by Coven »

I use Tarot and Oracle - right now Oracle is my favorite because I'm not a fan of the artwork on my tarot -

I just ordered a new Tarot deck and I like the artwork on it but it hasn't arrived yet

all of my cards are magic

I do at least a card of the day from my favorite Oracle deck - it focuses more on positivity than reality - so I'm just hoping to see the positivity in reality without focusing on the negative so much

I would say Oracle cards are my favorite - but like I said - all of my cards are magic -

I've got one oracle deck that I like to read from - and one I don't really like to read from -
:-|
Corbin

Post by Corbin »

I use the tarot Rider-Waite deck because of its strong symbolism for meditating on the mystic tarot (where each card of the greater arcarna represents a mystery or secret) and very occasionally for three card readings. I have not, but would not rule out, using particular tarot cards as signifiers.

For everything else I use the Petit Lemormand.
Nerys

Post by Nerys »

I enjoy both. Have the Rider Waite Tarot and a few divination decks.

Return to “General Divination”