Tarot and Ouija Boards

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
Blu-Luna

Tarot and Ouija Boards

Post by Blu-Luna »

I am interested in pursuing tarot cards and maybe Ouija boards. I know it is serious stuff, but I have a very good attitude and am willing to learn if anyone has any helpful input, I sure would appreciate it! Thanks so much!
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Re: Tarot and Ouija Boards

Post by planewalker »

Personally, OuiJa boards give me pause. Maybe it's just me, but there are to many things that can go wrong. I've put spells of protection on boards. I've warded them. I've protected and warded them. I have never owned or used one.

I used to do Tarot readings. I saw the death of a close friend in a rather gruesome accident. I warned him repeatedly to take care. I tried to turn him from the path he was on. He didn't listen. He was dead in under two years at 50. It was a closed Urn funeral. The cremation only finished the job the accident had started. I saw his death in the cards. It wasn't their fault. They are only a tool. The moral of my story - be prepared for what knowledge you'll gain.
Blu-Luna

Post by Blu-Luna »

Thanks for your thoughts on the matter plane alter. I will keep what you all said in mind.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Just my 2-cents here. As far back as i can remember, Ive had "hit& run" precognitive visions, without use of trance. No tools. Sometimes it's something where I can intervene but mostly not. All I can reasonably do is extend a blessing thru prayer. I have a choice of whether or not to share info and the receiver has the same choice of whether or not to heed. A few visions have saved my arse from harm & for which I'm grateful.

I'd had a ouija board as a toy since I was a kid. I "get it" now as my mom's use of reverse psychology by making it a game/toy to normalize the disruptive after effects of the pre cogs. it took me years to figure that out because nothing paranormal was ever discussed in our family.

I think in terms of GIGO: garbage in, garbage out. Attitude in approaching the Ouija or the Tarot is vital to how much we allow it to impact us. We control our attitude. As any witch knows, attitude and intent shape events.

OK so all that aside, consider why you choose these tools & what you want from them. How intimidated (or detached) do you feel about using them? Just being aware of this helps clear your head. It seems to me that if we set up all sorts of protections then we are setting up our minds to expect there is "some thing" to be protected from. Again, this goes with attitude.

In personal experience, I'm a total wash out at card reading. All I can suggest is to find a deck with pictures that activate your imagination. Sleep with them under your pillow at night & carry them with you during the day. This imprints your psychic energy signature into the deck. Shuffle and handle them daily for a month just to get to know them. Then follow the guide book that comes with them. Keep a tarot journal.

Re: ouija board - i'd never done anything at all to cleanse or prep my Board nor said any prayers. If it concerns you then do so. I never viewed it as anything supernatural. I stored it in a dresser drawer in the box it came in and toted it off to college when dorm-mates expressed an interest. It takes 3 people for comfort: 2 operators & a note-taker (& a spirit of course) although anyone can improvise & work alone with a voice-activated tape recorder to serve as scribe.

Our dorm group used it for entertainment at our week end gatherings. We followed a simple protocol of asking first if someone wished to speak: yes or no. Then asked for a name. No name, no play. Every time we'd change places as operators we'd repeat this. It just seemed logical. We asked about the supposed spirit's history & about what they wanted to talk about &'their interests. We did not ask for guidance or divinations. Sometimes we got that anyhow at the "spirit's" whim. We never had a negative Entity. Our questions never once were concerned about negative beings. We were simply not interested in them The only scary event was the phone ringing that sent us screeching out of the room & colliding like Stooges in the doorway. So we were intense about it but could laugh at ourselves. We had a couple of "regulars" who always had some story to share. It was thru the board visits that I'd met my spirit guide, who I already "knew" from years of dream OOB traveling. That's another story. We didn't know these terms yet.

We were total NewBs. We did nothing to prep ahead of time. We had no knowledge of grounding, centering or light trance. These are things I'd suggest today, 50 years later in hind sight, but we weren't witches either. We did meditate occasionally. Nothing special.

Was this the ideal method or is such navigation by the seat of the pants recommended? No. It's just the way it was for us. Use common sense & behave yourself. Don't, for example, take a ouija board to visit a known paranormal hot spot like Skin Walker Ranch. :lol:
Blu-Luna

Post by Blu-Luna »

Thanks for your 2-cents worth SpiritTalker! I am grateful for everyone's input. When it comes down to it, isn't a Ouija board and tarot cards tools to help one out in life? I guess I am looking at this as a way to grow spiritually. I am wondering how a Ouija board is more "dangerous" than tarot cards? Are they that different?Just curious. Thanks.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

There are differences. This is just how I understand it.

A board is for communicating with spirits. Supposedly when a spirit communicates thru a ouija board, the operators place their finger tips on the planchette & their muscles move the planchette as influenced by a spirit. Otherwise you could just plunk the thing on the board & wait for it to move. So in theory you'd be opening yourself to one or more spirit presences & direct influence.

Cards are for communicating with one's own inner wisdom, the soul as the traveler in Tarot. As far as I know with cards - & they're not my circus - spirits do not shuffle or arrange the cards but instead Fate is the influencing force. The images of the cards depict meanings regarding the soul's journey. The reader interprets the symbolism as if reading the soul's story. The layout relays the soul's movement thru time and space - past, present, future.

Mediumship can enter into play with the card reader as a secondary influence but it is implied as the main operating force when using the ouija. Concepts are open to debate, of course.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I haven't used a Ouija board in years. I'm considering getting one now. But it would start with things like the weather tomorrow.
Daughter of Sekhmet
Ethereal Moon Rose

Post by Ethereal Moon Rose »

Ouija boards fascinate me but I'd never use one. I'm worried I wouldn't be able to control who (and what) comes through on the board (spirits, namely 'evil' ones can be tricksters) so a huge no no for me!

Tarot on the other hand is a form of divination. It is very interesting and it's probably my fave form of divination.

Return to “General Divination”