Getting a Straight Yes or No Answer

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
casnarl

Getting a Straight Yes or No Answer

Post by casnarl »

Hiya

So I have a question I need an answer to. It can be answered with a simple yes or no. I have seen many YesNo Oracles online, but as they're usually just web widgets I tend to not trust them as much because I see them basically as good as flipping a coin.

What can I do myself to get this yes or no answer? I have a few things at my disposal. I have runes, and various spell tools and goodies. Anything else I'd have to get.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Getting a Straight Yes or No Answer

Post by SpiritTalker »

No. What you have mentioned should be enough gear.
Crazy Cat Lady

Post by Crazy Cat Lady »

My daughter used a die for a long time. 1 meant yes, 6 meant no and 2-5 ranged from probably to probably not. She just started doing it as a goof one day and found it incredibly accurrate. You can use many household items for yes/no divination.
casnarl

Post by casnarl »

I never would have considered that! I have tons of dice, coming from a family of gamers. I can just pick one that speaks to me.
larkspur

Post by larkspur »

have you considered using a pendulum ?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Considering the choices you've mentioned, what gives one method more validity than another in your gut feeling?

If you were looking for some form of oracle you could not unconsciously manipulate then you might consider clearly asking the question & then interpreting the next bird fly-by: to the left means one thing & to the right is the other. You state which is which. It is like flipping a coin or rolling dice, but you can't touch the device. Oracle concepts accept that everything is connected. Using spontaneous yes-no "hands-off" fate oracles is just another method and needs no equipment.

Also, a clear statement of the question & a detachment from the response is part of oracles.
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

We are not in a simple black and white world and there are few clear yes or no answers. Everything is degrees of grey. Even if an Oracle offers a clear answer you need to measure it with a degree of logic and intuition.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)

Return to “General Divination”