Poor Intuition Skills

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
Throughalloftime

Poor Intuition Skills

Post by Throughalloftime »

So this will be the final question I ask about pendulums. The only reason I keep asking is because I'm still confused and so far I haven't gotten a lot of straightforward answers.. My question is, if you are a beginner at pendulum divination, and your intuition is weak to start off, can the pendulum be inaccurate simply because you haven't worked on your intuition enough? For me personally my intuition is blocked by a lot of anxiety and self-doubt. I never seem to trust myself.
a.e.d.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Poor Intuition Skills

Post by SpiritTalker »

If anxiety and self doubt block intuition, the pendulum would probably not work with that individual. If you prefer to call that "being wrong" so be it.
Throughalloftime

That's how I am. I'm not sure if a pendulum is the right divination tool for me.
a.e.d.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

There are other uses for a pendulum besides divination.
Throughalloftime

Ok but you are saying if my intuition is poor, the pendulum won't work for me?
a.e.d.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Let me clarify that what I intended was that the pendulum would probably not work for divination with that person.
Throughalloftime

Okay, I'm sorry if I annoy you with my anxiety, but it's not my fault. And given the complicated answers you provide, it's not as easy for some people to figure out exactly what you mean.
a.e.d.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Edit. Removed.
Throughalloftime

Spirit-
I am extremely intelligent, but most people that don't know me write me off as spacey, and even stupid sometimes. They just don't know that my creative side comsumes me, and therefore it is very difficult for me to focus..also, the anxiety is very consuming as well. Let me try to explain... My ocd is making me feel like anything a pendulum says absolutely must be right, so if it said anything unsettling, I am convinced it can destroy my happiness. I just want to live my life tge way I see fit, trust that the pendulum was clearly not accurate for me, and move on to a different form of divination better auited for my crazy brain.
a.e.d.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

If you get strong feelings about something for no apparent reason, write it down. See if what you sensed, happens.
Daughter of Sekhmet
Throughalloftime

Ok. And I shouldn't trust a pendulum if my intuition is poor?
a.e.d.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I have almost zero experience with pendulums. I have found that paying attention to odd feelings has helped focus my intuition. It may be, that rather than your intuition being poor, you just need practice. Trying too hard can definitely lead to frustration. It isn't something that is likely to happen overnight. Patience with yourself is your best bet to develop your intuition.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Andi98, Are you saying that you believe the OCD disables the pendulum because there can be no interaction if there's no intuition?
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

I don't really work with pendulums either, but thought I'd chime in to say, in my experience, there isn't such a thing as 100% accuracy in divination. There's always room for interpretation and no tool can be 100% accurate for the simple reason people change their minds, change their behavior and change their intentions all the time. Letting the tool use you (I mean, you said a simple answer by the pendulum can ruin your happiness) is not letting yourself use the tool. Giving it that much power over your life means you can not acquire a correct answer, because you are shaken by the result before even getting it.

Spirit made an excellent suggestion - try a guessing game. Something you don't really care about. This way you will allow yourself time to get used to your tool and give it time to get to serve you. Sometimes it takes more time to build a connection.
Throughalloftime

Like is asking about stuff that can have a gray area like love and sexuality (things I was asking it) not a good question to ask a pendulum? If theres no 100% yes or no answer to one's identity, or love for someone?
a.e.d.

Return to “General Divination”