Divinating a deity?

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
WildFlower93

Divinating a deity?

Post by WildFlower93 »

Is divination generally just finding out what the universe is saying as a whole, or can it be used to contact specific deities as well and communicate with them? If so what are some of the best ways to divinate a deity? I want to divinate my Patron Goddess Diana. Thanks :)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Divinating a deity?

Post by SnowCat »

I've always just talked to my deities. I feel like we're all walking on a path together, having conversations as needed.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

When using divination I've heard many say that they do speak with specific deities or spirits. Personally I'm pretty bad at divination so I'm just passing what I've heard.
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Moderation in all things, including moderation.
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

I stayed out till I saw what others had to say. I was lucky mine was part of my religion from day one. I do scry. When I do I use an optical depth. You would find it easiest with either a scrying bowl or crystal ball. Remember to watch your lighting conditions. Use them as an "opening" in the veil. Kind of a Star Trek - hailing frequencies open, type of aid.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Diana strikes me as an outdoorsy type, who might resonate with flowing streams and woodsy connections. Sometimes it just helps to use Nature to set the stage. You might try gazing with a wet,shiny rock; a water-smoothed, moon-round stone; found with Her guidance for the purpose; just expanding on a theme.

Return to “General Divination”