I'm so confused! My pendulum gave me wrong answers?

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: I'm so confused! My pendulum gave me wrong answers?

Post by SpiritTalker »

I said your subconscious moves the pendulum. You said your pendulum is wrong, or won't answer q's you already know. Are you grounded?
Throughalloftime

Post by Throughalloftime »

No im not grounded. And im sorry I still don't exactly know what youre saying. I have ADD and can be very spacey. Im sorry lol
a.e.d.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Anxious about the answers my pendulum gave me

Post by SpiritTalker »

If you were "not concentrated to access your subconscious" then why be so concerned about a half-hearted attempt to swing a pendulum? Do you think it's muscle tension? It doesn't matter what I think.
Corbin

Post by Corbin »

I have a pendulum (who doesn't try everything out) but I don't use it these days because I'm not looking for yes/no answers and it is one of those tools where there is a tendancy to overuse them. I find answers and questions in the puzzling of symbols, not in dice rolls. Poetry, automatic writing, Tarot, Oracle cards, Dream, omens, and trance interpretation.

Imagine magic like a presence - like Awen, when it is there it is like a flowing spirit and even problems and mistakes eddy and flow toward resolution because we are within it. When in this flow magic works sublime - intuition is tuned to the present; magic works. But when we cannot reach this point, when we worry, procrastinate, are overcome by our feelings - when our many attributes are not councillors but instructors. When we are ungrounded, uncentered, magic is a liability.

This happens to everybody. Sometimes you just need to step back, let it work its course and focus on other things.

I have come to recognise that many people do not really recognise when they are grounded. When you feel at peace, stripped to the point that rather then being a character, you are an awareness, a observational presence without all the associated temporal baggage you are truly grounded. This takes practice. I recommend some form of meditation. If your energies are out of whack I recommend the tree meditation (Starhawk). Its the progenitor to the methods I use. Nobody is always grounded.

But there are no methods that work for everyone, so it pays to keep exploring new avenues rather then over prognostication on failures. ADD may draw you toward intuitive work, art and automatic writing (for example).

Can your subconscious be wrong? Not so much wrong as have "hidden agendas". It is the wellspring of repression, that storehouse of guilt, fear, hate, disappointment and yet ... inspiration, joy, amusement, desire, love? You gotta be grounded and dig DEEP to find the gold, you have to prospect through a ton of rock and detritus. Its "work" pure and simple.

Yet personally, for me it remains a straight out wilfullness thing I suppose - I recognise that tendency - give me ideas, data, options, considerations, insight, inspiration, dreams, stories ... all that stuff ... but decide for me? I can't think of anything worse, I prefer to be personally responsible for my own mistakes, that way I have half an opportunity to try to learn from them.

Be blessed.
Throughalloftime

Re: Anxious about the answers my pendulum gave me

Muscle tension can cause it to move? Because yeah I was not focused at all. I was just using it to try and reliece my anxiety(bad decision on my part).
a.e.d.
Throughalloftime

But what im trying to say is that I was not even grounded or clear-minded to reach my subconcious. I was just anxious and looking for answers I already knew. Do you think I just moved it unintentionally?
a.e.d.
Throughalloftime

Freaking Out Over Pendulum (Still)

hi all-
I am still having issues sorting out the incident with my pendulum. However so far I appreciate all the thoughtful advice. When I used the pendulum last I was in a state of anxiety. My pure obsessional ocd (also known as Intrusive Thoughts OCD) was very intense. I want to make it clear that I did not have any intention of contacting my subconcious; I was just anxious and irrationally was trying to test the pendulum to reassure myself of questions I already knew the answer to. So now I am freaking out, thinking what if I am wrong about my whole life? And am taking these "answers" extremely seriously due to my anxiety. But could these answers just be an unintentional movement on my part? Am I overthinking this?
Note: the next time I use a pendulum it will not be in vain. I know this was a terrible mistake.
a.e.d.
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Re: Freaking Out Over Pendulum (Still)

Post by planewalker »

I know OCD in the Craft from having my daughter as a student. Fast way to break the OCD thought process. Rattle off a string of odd numbers out of order {works for anxiety and panic attacks also} out loud. Or under your breathe if your where people might look at you funny if they notice you don't have one of those cell phone mics. Think of weird odd numbers too 1,057 ,33 and a third. Your pulling your brain hemispheres together to work a problem. You have to use the logic/math side for part of it, and the creative side to find the numbers your looking for. Your basically fooling your Corpus Collosum. It connects your brain hemispheres at the join to the Medulla Oblongata. It helps them function in a neat orderly way. My daughter and I have been coming up with a theory of brain operation because as far as we can tell the OCD is caused by an over active Corpus putting to much pressure on one hemisphere. We've had my joke of a Corpus to experiment with. Mine is one of the rare ones that gets out of the way and lets everything into both hemispheres and collect, correlate and synthesis at the same time. It's a great learning tool. I also thought I was a functional scizophrenic. I used to say at least all my voices knew each other and were usually on speaking terms. It still, sometimes, when I let it get loose, feels like a hundred hamster wheels spinning out information at the same time. However, everything we've tried can't get anything like an OCD reaction from me. If you have to do it 50 times in two hours then go ahead and do it 50 times. The OCD would be all over you. It will take time to train your brain a different way of dealing with the world. Put in the time. Your worth it.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

The subconscious doesn't need to be purposefully contacted. That's why it's termed "sub", meaning below the surface, unaware. Do you think you moved it accidentally? You were there, we weren't. Just take responsibility.
Throughalloftime

I do think I moved it unintentionally, or there was negative energy coming from me. If those answers were true that would basically like take all my happiness away from me. Sp no I don't think I was contacting my subconcious, because the answers are deeply nauseating and feel extremely wrong to me
a.e.d.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hey there :D , your 3 topics have been merged here. Please refrain from making a new posts on this. If you have continuing concerns on the matter, post in this thread.
Thank you.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Here is an article which has some interesting concepts on the subconscious mind, from diverse modern sources, worth chewing over.

(LINK)http://lonemind.com/26-experts-reveal-s ... dont-know/
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Andi98, your opinion carries the most weight in the discussion. You say you were just playing around, unfocussed. It jiggled. You've Drawn a conclusion that it was accidental motion based on your observation and lack of focused intent. I'd say you've done well. Hard won, and well earned. :surprisedwitch:
Throughalloftime

Is a pendulum EVER wrong? Even if you take the right steps?

I'm afraid (due to anxiety) that everything a pendulum answers is always bound to be true. That if it says this is who i am, then that's who i am, if it says no it means absolutely no, etc. Is what it answers always bound to be the truth? I sure hope not..
a.e.d.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Is a pendulum EVER wrong? Even if you take the right ste

Post by SnowCat »

You either trust the pendulum, or you don't. Rehashing the question across multiple threads is unlikely to provide different answers.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “General Divination”