Pendulum With a Bad Attitude? (help please!)

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
Falcon_Heart27

Pendulum With a Bad Attitude? (help please!)

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

So a while back, I purchased a rose quartz pendulum offline. (Well actually, I purchased a clear quartz one, but it got lost in the mail and this one was sent as a replacement.)

We seemed to connect right away, and I naively assumed we bonded, but I didn't and still don't know much about pendulums. It seemed to have a persona of its own, one of masculinity and slight aggressiveness, which it confirmed when I asked it about itself. It started interacting with me as its own entity, So I treated it as such. (Is that how pendulums work?)

I found its playfulness endearing at first, but lately, it is either hesitant to respond, it contradicts itself, or it even lies. It's really frustrating! I keep trying to cleanse it, and even ask what kind of cleansing it prefers, but it won't budge. It does cruel things to me like tells me my boyfriend doesn't love me/doesn't care about me/wants to hurt me when I ask questions about my relationship, which really cuts because the whole reason I ask in the first place is because I'm insecure about myself. (Life tip: I have found that reassurance from the actual boyfriend is much better than from any tool.)

So please, experienced users, help me out. What can I do to heal and strengthen my relationship with this tool? Or are pendulums just not for me?

Thanks,

~Falcon
Autumn Jewel

Re: Pendulum With a Bad Attitude? (help please!)

Post by Autumn Jewel »

Pendulums are merely a reflection of you subconscious. Chances are if you're feeling insecure about yourself, it's most likely why your pendelum is being negatively influenced and giving you answers that you don't want to hear, because deep down, that's what you're feeling. That is merely what I believe is wrong. I've only been working with pendulums a couple years, so maybe someone else with more knowledge will have a better answer.
"And those who were seen dancing
were thought to be insane
by those who could not hear the music."

Someone told me to stop living in a fantasy land.
I nearly fell off my unicorn.
WiccanWitch

Post by WiccanWitch »

Falcon I'm not sure that the pendulum and you are truly bonded. That being said- are you a prankster at heart? I know very little about the theology if you will behind pendulums but I always felt they only "know" what we know and channel energy accordingly. But I have never interacted with a pendulum to the depth that it sounds you have. I ask it to show me yes no and I don't know. But I also try not to ask leading questions or the same question in different ways. I as a sarcastic person would get a little snarky myself. Lol. So maybe my pendulum would too?
Becks

Post by Becks »

I've personally never met anything I couldn't cleanse. That's strange. How have you been attempting to go about that?
If you feel like it's off then don't ask it how to get better....should there be anything suspect attached. Rose Quartz is tough so you should be able to clean it as you like.

The moon will be waning soon. Maybe draw on that energy and cleanse it well. You have to know and believe you can cleanse an object. Doubt is not your friend here.
Falcon_Heart27

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

Thanks for all the helpful replies!

Starting out, I didn't know anything about pendulums.. it was kind of an impulse buy. But when I used it for the first time, I got a very strong impression of a separate entity.

Is it possible that another entity speaks to me through the pendulum, or is it showing me another side of myself? (And yes, WiccanWitch, I can be a little tricksy at times I suppose :p )

I ask it to show me yes, no, and maybe, and get my answers out of that. (So when I was talking earlier about it telling me bad things, it was merely answering my questions) as far as cleansing goes, (to answer Becks' question) I've tried moonlight, moon water, cold running water, and my own energy. Nothing
really seems to work.

Autumn Jewel, I really reflected on your response and I find it to be very true. I'm a horribly insecure person, and I try my best to combat it, but it's hard some days, especially because I have BPD.... Some days I feel great but other days I feel not so hot or even spiral down into self loathing. I think I tend to ask my pendulum things when I'm doubtful, insecure, and scared, (so for reassurance) so that's probably a big part of the problem.

Thanks for all the input. I hope I can find a way to repair my relationship with this pendulum.

I still feel a really bad funky energy around it though, almost malevolent. I've actually been scared of it before, which is kinda crazy.

~Falcon
Becks

Post by Becks »

Falcon_Heart27 wrote: (to answer Becks' question) I've tried moonlight, moon water, cold running water, and my own energy. Nothing
really seems to work.
That's a bit disturbing.

You go on to say that you are "horribly insecure"....I'm really sad to hear that, but that would 100% explain why you can't cleanse it of the negative energy. To cleanse anything you must believe you can. You need to KNOW YOU CAN. There is no room for doubt. If you doubt-it won't work.....not on a pendulum or something bigger like a room.

You may need some help. Feel free to pm if you want to talk more about it. Ideally, it should be you as you are the one that it belongs to. Your energy has the most ability to be successful here....you own it. If you can't take care of it right now, or are feeling depleted....maybe get somebody you trust.

If you seriously feel there's some lower level nasty energy on it-then you might want to watch how you are storing it until you can have it dealt with.
Myrth

Post by Myrth »

Becks wrote: You may need some help. Feel free to pm if you want to talk more about it. Ideally, it should be you as you are the one that it belongs to. Your energy has the most ability to be successful here....you own it. If you can't take care of it right now, or are feeling depleted....maybe get somebody you trust.

If you seriously feel there's some lower level nasty energy on it-then you might want to watch how you are storing it until you can have it dealt with.
Good insights here! I'm focusing on the last bit. I would suggest storing it in salt until the issue is dealt with. That would block anything bad from coming off it.
Myrth

Return to “General Divination”