Different Divination Methods ?

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
Suhrt

Different Divination Methods ?

Post by Suhrt »

Hello. I've been here for a little while before but I've been gone a while due to Internet issues.

Im happy to read and participate from time to time though.

This is a thread I opened so I can inquire about divination methods, but first I'd like to tell you a bit about myself and mostly what's related to' divination' or fortune telling:

Honestly all life I've had like this thing for 'knowing' things people normally wouldn't.

Since I was a little girl, I'd tell my mom things so she'll later see them happen. At first she freaked out then she got used to it. If things got lost, I'd say when or where she'd find them. I also remember she had this electrical stove, one day it stopped working. I told her she should leave it alone and get a new one or I'll explode. She didn't listen to me, and after a few hours trying to fix it, the stove indeed exploded. No one got hurt but it left a very big black stain in the wall and the stove was ruined.

Also, we've lived in a tropical area with a lot of insects and crawlers. I'd guess if there was one somewhere hiding and warn about the danger. And they were always hidden where I said even if the lights were out of whatever.

I'd tell my mom about her friends whereabouts, even this one friend she said he was traveling outside the country and I told her no its a lie, he didn't leave he's still in this city, then she found out I was right.

Currently this hasn't changed, sometimes it's stronger and what not. Some people have asked me to tell their fortune, even people I don't know. There was this one time this guy that I didn't know I just met him, and my boyfriend at the time told him I could tell his fortune. He said he didn't believe in that but wanted to know what I had to say.

I looked at him and it's like someone would tell me everything and it came to my mind: I told him he was married, but his marriage was in jeopardy. He had two children, one very recent. After this he said that it was ridiculous, that he was indeed married but they were very happy and a week ago they had their first child, he didn't have two. So I was like okay, but that's what I felt.

About a week later, he was so worried and feeling terrible because a former girlfriend from years back contacted him, telling him he got her pregnant and he had a son like 5 years old. And she was trying to black mail him and menacing with telling his wife all about it and had intentions of destroying his marriage (which she almost managed on the long run).

So like this a lot of things happen, I've told other people about their lives and they've said I'm pretty accurate.

I also feel other things like earthquakes or stuff like that, very accurately. Sometimes I dream with things and they happen either meanwhile I'm having the dream or afterwards.

Once for instance, I dreamt with a small plane crash. And later that day I saw the event in the news and the same exact plane, people inside it and malfunction.

Or more recently, I dreamt with the Syrian people drowning. I just thought it was a very horrible nightmare and then I saw on the news the exact images I had dreamt with.

Or I recently had a surgery, and one night I dreamt that some of the stitches fell off and the wound opened up again. And like two days later some stitches (the ones I dreamt with) came out, and some weeks later it started opening up.

I've had a lot more dreams or 'brain images' that come to life, and lately it has gotten much more stronger. Sometimes I've avoided saying anything, and it still happens.

Sometimes I even dream with things, people, objects and then after looking over the Internet for a while I end up finding all this!

So it's just lately gotten into my head that I want to be able to have like more control of it, or make it more useful. I'd like to have a divination tool, but I just don't know what would be best for me. I was hoping, that since here there's more experienced users on the matte r I could get some advice on what would suit me best.

Thank you for reading my long post, and blessings to all.
graveghoul

Re: Different Divination Methods ?

Post by graveghoul »

Wow talk about clairvoyance! I'd say you have your pick of the litter with those abilities. Tarot cards for a more broad explanation, a pendulum for yes and no answers, scrying for visual reaffirmations, runes for a more precise answer, even "throwing the bones" for detailed answers as well. Good luck in your search!
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Suhrt wrote:I'd like to have a divination tool, but I just don't know what would be best for me. I was hoping, that since here there's more experienced users on the matte r I could get some advice on what would suit me best.
In my humble opinion, from what you've described about the nature and degree of your psi abilities, you already have the only tool you really need at this point, physically-located in the center of your brain, the pineal gland, and etherically-located as your brow chakra. Just continue intuitively assessing people and situations as you've been doing, speak what you see, nothing more. I get the sense you might feel like you need some kind of gadgets or tools (tarot cards, etc.?), but in my opinion you don't. Maybe it stems from an impression you acquired somewhere along the way of "psychics," that they must have some kind of little tool they use in order to be official, or that that's what witches all do, use tools, or whatever. If so I would challenge that thinking and just keep it simple, follow your strengths, build on what you were born with.

Reference Allison Dubois and The Psychic Twins, watch how they work. The only tools they (and many others) use, at most, are a pen and a notebook, that's it. They write down what they clairvoyantly see, clairsentiently feel, etc. No other tools necessary --no ouija boards, no tarot cards, no crystals, etc. In fact, get a notebook and try this yourself the next time you get spontaneous impressions. Write down what you get, work with it a little while. Or, for official practice, ask a volunteer to sit before you, and just write everything that comes to you --every sound, every smell, every sensation on your skin or in your body. Write about the little "videos" you see in your head of the person doing or saying things, just anything, no matter how weird and illogical it seems. You said you wanted to learn to control your abilities; writing your impressions down would be a great way to do that. For many, it's the only tool they use.

This is merely an opinion, since you asked for advice. Obviously different people are going to have different opinions, resulting in their giving different advice. Go with what resonates with you. :wink:

Suhrt

Post by Suhrt »

graveghoul wrote:Wow talk about clairvoyance! I'd say you have your pick of the litter with those abilities. Tarot cards for a more broad explanation, a pendulum for yes and no answers, scrying for visual reaffirmations, runes for a more precise answer, even "throwing the bones" for detailed answers as well. Good luck in your search!
I'm sorry I don't know what "your pick of the litter" is. And also, what is scrying? I've never heard that word.

Kassandra wrote:
Suhrt wrote:I'd like to have a divination tool, but I just don't know what would be best for me. I was hoping, that since here there's more experienced users on the matte r I could get some advice on what would suit me best.
In my humble opinion, you already have the only tool you really need, physically located in the center of your brain, the pineal gland, and astrally located as your brow chakra. Just size people and situations up, and then speak what you see, as you've been doing. You seem to feel like you need some kind of objects, tools (tarot cards, etc.?), but in my opinion you don't. That might be the impression you get of psychics, that they must have some kind of little tool they use in order to be official, or that that's what witches do, use tools, or whatever. But, if you do think that, I would challenge that thinking. Keep it simple, follow your strengths, build on what you were born with.

Reference Allison Dubois and The Psychic Twins, watch how they work. The only tools they (and many others) use, at most, are a pen and a notebook, that's it. They write down what they clairvoyantly see, clairsentiently feel, etc. No other tools necessary --no ouija boards, no tarot cards, no crystals, etc. In fact, get a notebook and try this yourself the next time you get spontaneous impressions. Write down what you get, work with it a little while. Or, for official practice, ask a volunteer to sit before you, and just write everything that comes to you --every sound, every smell, every sensation on your skin or in your body. Write about the little "videos" you see in your head of the person doing or saying things, just anything, no matter how weird and illogical it seems. You said you wanted to learn to control your abilities; writing your impressions down would be a great way to do that. For many, it's the only tool they use.

This is merely an opinion, since you were asking for advice. Obviously different people are going to have different opinions. Go with what resonates with you. :wink:

Thank you, I never thought of writing anything down. And I remember pretty much everything (even the things I saw/felt/'guessed' when I was so little I didn't even totally talk (I'd point to thing or just use one or two words)). I believe the reason I ask for a tool is because maybe I don't have enough trust on myself.

I mean, sometimes I'm afraid to mix up what I see or feel with emotions. So sometimes it's hard for me to tell between what it really is from what I wish or don't wish. Or like you said, sometimes I think things are illogical so I think it's a product of my imagination.

Sometimes I've used a method, in my case for example looking at a person's hand, or a cigarette or even coffee. But I've never learnt to read neither of them, it just seems to make things easier. And when I've used them I've not been wrong it's like I start to see everything very vividly and precise and I can be sure of everything I see. So that's why I wanted to learn something, because I wanted to gain precision. But I never thought it is the norm or that every psychic needs one. I just felt like I'd do better with one.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

I talk about the value of psychic journaling here: Turn up psychic abilities. viewtopic.php?f=57&t=30868

And here is an exhaustive list of divination techniques. Perhaps you will find the tool you (believe you) need there. You will have to cross-reference the topics you're interested in on your own, as there are no hyperlinks attached to them.
The Mancies: A Glossary of Divinatory Terms viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24399

Here are some posts about psychometry (what you are do when you utilize peoples' personal items to aid you in "reading" their energies): [EDIT] search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=psychometry Added Psychometry topic search, there were a few with the title psychometry so it was hard to tell which ones Kass was trying to link]

Scrying is just another word for divination. Some people like to scry with black mirrors, some people like to scry with water, etc. Here's a couple posts on that: Black Mirror Scrying: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=25112
A Strange Type of Hydromancy: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=25657

Hope these resources point you in the direction in which you desire to go. Good luck.

Last edited by Firebird on Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixing broken links
Suhrt

Post by Suhrt »

Wow Kassandra your reply was so great I'm speechless! Thank you so much for your help and all the information and for taking the time to write to me so nicely.
Suhrt

Post by Suhrt »

I have a question (been reading a bit), regarding having a notebook. How can you tell between what really is something you're being psychic about and something that's simply sprouting from your imagination?

Sometimes it's a very strong feel which let's me tell the difference but that's not always the case. For example the issue I had (and still I'm going through) with the stitches, when I got that 'idea' in this case images, it was something very unlikely, even my boyfriend who tends to ask me things of what I feel or can see because he believes in me didn't believe me about that, but I felt it was real and it indeed end up happening.

Sometimes I can easily tell, but sometimes (like when I saw the Sirians) I thought it's product of a very twisted imagination (in the same case again, I never thought something like that could happen!)
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Suhrt wrote:Thank you so much for your help and all the information
You're welcome, glad it helps.

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Suhrt wrote:I have a question...How can you tell between what really is something you're being psychic about and something that's simply sprouting from your imagination? ...Sometimes I can easily tell, but sometimes...I thought it's product of a very twisted imagination
When I posed these questions to others in the past, I was taught that:

1. Psychic impressions and imaginative thoughts both come from the same place: that aspect of my consciousness/awareness/spirit that is creative, that is boundless, limitless, free of schemas, open to possibilities, the dwelling place of my Inner Child, my Higher Self, my connection to God, etc. I was taught this is a holy place, molded by my past incarnations, as well as my present one, that it is unique, there is no other quite like it. I was advised to always honor, carefully nurture and fiercely protect this aspect of myself.

2. My "worry" about whether I am right or wrong springs from my ego's desire to "look good," to protect itself, to "not look stupid," to "never be wrong." I was taught that accuracy always improves whenever I manage to avoid succumbing to my ego's self-preservation needs, let go of my need to be right. I was taught to be neutral (not "happy" nor "proud") if what I read was accurate, and to simply learn from the experience if what I read was not accurate. Either way, move on, because agonizing and obsessing about "precision" and such is simply giving free rein to ego, and nothing stunts one's spiritual growth more than putting one's ego first in this manner.

Through trial and error I discovered a lot of truth to these teachings, and so accepted them.

The best.

Becks

Post by Becks »

That's such wonderful wisdom Kassandra. Thank you for sharing that lesson. Nobody has ever put it to me like that, but it feels right and resonated with me.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Your words are kind, Becks.

Suhrt

Post by Suhrt »

I think the same way Becks does, Kassandra what you just said is most valuable and I am so thankful again for giving the opportunity to learn it.
Suhrt

Post by Suhrt »

Hi Kassandra,

I've read all the posts your recommended me, they are great. You do a very wonderful work here. I loved your blog post to on the catcher's mitt.

I learned a lot of things and discovered abilities I didn't even know I had. Like for example I moved to this house and I found it was very problematic. In a way I 'felt' there was a reason, a non physical reason for it to 'behave' that way. It also appeared to me so weird that the owners rented it being such a nice big house and went to live elsewhere. And other things that for me didn't really fit in. So in a way I 'asked' it what was going on. So eventually I fell into this sleep, and I fell such a lot of sorrow, and it turned out the owners lived there with their daughter she was small so she fell of the stairs and was unconscious and spent like that for a long time, and her parents fell so sad all the time and impregnated the house with their sadness. And I felt like the house was basically narrating me the entire story with words. I told my boyfriend about it, but somehow I felt like it was a product of my exaggerated curiosity to try and explain everything I was wondering about the house.

Like I thought my mind made it up so I could stop wondering so bad about it (I'm a very curious person, to the exaggeration extreme. - although don't get me wrong I'm not snoopy or do I ever cross boundaries with people, I respect privacy) . I wasn't going to ask the owners anyways lol. So a few months later, I was with my boyfriend at one of the neighbor's place, and without asking them, the neighbor started talking about the owners life and suddenly he starting telling us why they didn't live in the house anymore and put it up for rent, and the story he said was exactly the one I dreamt the house narrated (and simultaneously showed me images) to me. We were both totally shocked (the girl is okay nowadays by the way). And this is just to give an example.

I found the mirror scrying very, very interesting too. But I don't think I can find one, nor any other ingredients for the oils or ointments mentioned, besides chamomile and bay leaves lol. Is there anything similar I could do? It really caught my attention that.

And I wanted to ask one more thing besides writing all this down, is there another simultaneous practice I can do along the catcher's mitt to strengthen my clairvoyance or whatever it is? Or with the writing is sufficient?
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Suhrt wrote:I've read all the posts your recommended me, they are great. You do a very wonderful work here. I loved your blog post to on the catcher's mitt.
Thank you, and I'm grateful this message board, and that blog, serve a purpose.
Suhrt wrote: I moved to this house and I found it was very problematic...I 'asked' it what was going on...it turned out the owners lived there with their daughter she was small so she fell of the stairs and was unconscious and spent like that for a long time, and her parents fell so sad all the time and impregnated the house with their sadness.
Yes, here's a post about sensing house sickness (a common phenomena): Sad House: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=24065 Like the person in that post, you also sensed something sick about a house. However, you were able to perceive through dreams what actually caused the sickness, which she was not able to do (or may have also done, but doubted herself too much to believe what her dream told her). Later, your perceptions were confirmed. It's not always that our reads on things get confirmation, so that's a good thing, I'd say.
Suhrt wrote: I found the mirror scrying very, very interesting too. But I don't think I can find one, nor any other ingredients for the oils or ointments mentioned, besides chamomile and bay leaves lol.
There's nothing you can't buy on the internet if you look for it (eBay, etc.). You don't need the oils to do mirror scrying, they were merely a recommendation by the author of that article. She's also an herbalist, so herbs and oils are her thing, and I only mentioned scrying in my previous post because you asked what the word meant, no other purpose.
Suhrt wrote: And I wanted to ask one more thing besides writing all this down, is there another simultaneous practice I can do along the catcher's mitt to strengthen my clairvoyance or whatever it is?
The only other simultaneous practice I would recommend is to meditate, consistently and joyfully. :wink: Insight Meditation aka Vipassana: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=31976

Peace.

Suhrt

Post by Suhrt »

Suhrt wrote: I found the mirror scrying very, very interesting too. But I don't think I can find one, nor any other ingredients for the oils or ointments mentioned, besides chamomile and bay leaves lol.
Kassandra wrote:There's nothing you can't buy on the internet if you look for it (eBay, etc.). You don't need the oils to do mirror scrying, they were merely a recommendation by the author of that article. She's also an herbalist, so herbs and oils are her thing, and I only mentioned scrying in my previous post because you asked what the word meant, no other purpose.
Thank you, well I'd do that happily, actually I even found mirrors for sale, but I live in a country in which buying stuff online is not an easy thing to do and most people just can't. And a lot of things common in many places aren't found here either.

Anyways, I found somewhere over the Internet you can just spray paint a transparent dish or something, is this right? Is there any special way or something need to do it 'right'? Could I still make one on my own? Is it dangerous?

And regarding the house, so it wasn't psychometry?

And thank you again for everything, you've cleared up so much doubts and questions I had :D you've been most helpful thank you.

Return to “General Divination”