Different Divination Methods ?

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
Kassandra

Re: Different Divination Methods ?

Post by Kassandra »

Suhrt wrote:I live in a country in which buying stuff online is not an easy thing to do and most people just can't. And a lot of things common in many places aren't found here either.
I see.

Suhrt wrote:I found somewhere over the Internet you can just spray paint a transparent dish or something, is this right? Is there any special way or something need to do it 'right'? Could I still make one on my own? Is it dangerous?
I haven't had an interest in making a black scrying mirror (though I use plain mirrors in spell work), so I wouldn't be the person to ask. I think you'd be fine on all accounts. There are no "wrong" experiences, only learning experiences.

Suhrt wrote:And regarding the house, so it wasn't psychometry?
Scrying, divination, empathy, psychometry...different wrappers, same candy bar (energy). I wouldn't bother getting too tripped up in wording at this point.

What are your thoughts about having a meditation practice? Have you tried it in the past, and if so, what were the results you experienced? Just wondering.

Thanks.

Suhrt

Post by Suhrt »

Kassandra wrote:What are your thoughts about having a meditation practice? Have you tried it in the past, and if so, what were the results you experienced? Just wondering.

Thanks.
Well I remember my grandmother would meditate a lot, she's the person I learned esoteric related stuff from. Even if it was just general knowledge, not practice. There are some things she always told me to do I never got an interest in at the time, and those were these three: yoga, meditation and pranayamas. I don't know why I felt the entire opposite of attraction for these three. Eventually I regreted and have tried to make up for that. I still don't know anything about pranayamas, which I'd love to, and yoga just a little bit. Same with meditation.

But the latter is the one I've explored more, and meddled more with.

Currently I meditate daily (some days I fail to, but I try hard not to) with a mala and mantras. This type of meditation has helped me a lot with my emotions, my personality and the way I confront life in general. So it has helped me more on my behavioral side lets say.

Several years ago I also participated in a group, it was online, they also had meetings in person but I lived far away so I never could go. There were some meditations we did as a group, before going good to sleep to try enter on trance, and also to do oniric travel. I remember we used mandalas and this type of Buda or God I don't remember what it was exactly, nor his name to meditate. And the results were pretty awesome, with a few practices I was able to meet them on the Astral plane even unconsciously.

Further than that I have no other experience with meditation. I would like to explore this lore though, and I still have to read the link you sent me but I've been short on time.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Suhrt wrote:Well I remember my grandmother would meditate a lot, she's the person I learned esoteric related stuff from. Even if it was just general knowledge, not practice. There are some things she always told me to do I never got an interest in at the time, and those were these three: yoga, meditation and pranayamas...Currently I meditate daily (some days I fail to, but I try hard not to) with a mala and mantras. This type of meditation has helped me a lot with my emotions, my personality and the way I confront life in general. So it has helped me more on my behavioral side lets say.
I call them, "Grandma Gurus," and it sounds like you've enjoyed a rich heritage with yours. I had to seek out information and instruction in yoga and pranayam as an adult (though my mother did introduce me to meditation, fortunately, a gift that has kept on giving). So, I think that's great you had personal tutoring from your awesome grandma. Reminds of this lady, Promila, who taught her kids yoga and pranayam, as was taught to her while she was growing up India.

I thought this was really fortunate and cool, but Promila was like, "Meh, it wasn't the big deal in India that it has become here in America. We practiced yoga and ayurveda in my household for good health. Most households did. We didn't really think about it, it's just how we lived." The two of us happened to attend a yoga/meditation retreat together. I noticed she would get up really early, go sit somewhere by herself, and do pranayam exercises for an hour, every morning without fail. I touched her feet when we were all leaving, in gratitude for all she taught me.

Thank you for sharing this aspect of your background, as well as your experiments with different kinds of meditation. You use a mala often and I was wondering, by chance are you of Indian descent?

Thanks.

Suhrt

Post by Suhrt »

Kassandra wrote: I call them, "Grandma Gurus," and it sounds like you've enjoyed a rich heritage with yours. I had to seek out information and instruction in yoga and pranayam as an adult (though my mother did introduce me to meditation, fortunately, a gift that has kept on giving). So, I think that's great you had personal tutoring from your awesome grandma. Reminds of this lady, Promila, who taught her kids yoga and pranayam, as was taught to her while she was growing up India.

I thought this was really fortunate and cool, but Promila was like, "Meh, it wasn't the big deal in India that it has become here in America. We practiced yoga and ayurveda in my household for good health. Most households did. We didn't really think about it, it's just how we lived." The two of us happened to attend a yoga/meditation retreat together. I noticed she would get up really early, go sit somewhere by herself, and do pranayam exercises for an hour, every morning without fail. I touched her feet when we were all leaving, in gratitude for all she taught me.

Thank you for sharing this aspect of your background, as well as your experiments with different kinds of meditation. You use a mala often and I was wondering, by chance are you of Indian descent?

Thanks.

Well wow, just like this woman Pramila I wasn't aware of that about my grandmother, because it was totally normal to me, but now that you mention it i realize how right you are about it.

I'm not of Indian descent, but my grandmother would practice and teach me many things from India, going from bedtime stories to a lot of different practices.

And actually, the way you describe your friend Pramila is more or less the way me and my family live, with ayurveda included and all that. :)
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

I see. Thank you.

Suhrt

Post by Suhrt »

Thank you too :)
PistashioQueen

Post by PistashioQueen »

Your gifts are amazing. All that comes to mind is to meditate to help you control them to the level you need.
uaya

Post by uaya »

Kassandra wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:33 pm
It seems these pages are no longer working, could an admin find correct links please? I'm intrested
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Thanks so much for the heads up uaya! I fixed them best I could. Hope it helps :fairy:
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “General Divination”