Black Mirror Scrying

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
TheGirlOfSecrets

Re: Black Mirror Scrying

Post by TheGirlOfSecrets »

Everyone here is so nice, they make me feel better about myself :)
I am always never not broken.
Becky b

Post by Becky b »

Hi guys

The mirror has always been intriguing but truth is I need to feel at ease with what I am see. Visioning I have and no doubt with practicing could use but I am a feeler rather than a see a . I often tell spirits to come in my dreams or thoughts than visually see . I wished I was comftable with that any suggestions.

I loved the depth of instructions :)
Klia

Post by Klia »

GirlofSecrets, I agree! It's so comforting to have people help you out (especially with the newbies - I'd be so lost!).

Becky, hmmm.... you can use any divination you'd life if the mirror is not for you. But as for feeling, like you said, maybe just asking the spirits to make their presence more known, or at least more visible. What types of divination have you done?
"The will to do, the soul to dare is yours for the taking if you prepare."
Becky b

Post by Becky b »

Well that is a good question. I have never called upon any spirits well only when readin tarots which they guide anyway. I have also been aware of spirit presence. It became more deep when my grandma passed 9 years ago her spirit is very strong and she has been looking after my children consistently since in the night time hour. Quite funny really on Samhain there was a gentlemen speaking to my eldest daughter whom I think is also gifted we shall see. But when I go to see I can't see but I think this is done to not wanting to and being scared as I will always say I am scared and I do not want to see you.

On Samhain I also had a overwhelming number of spirits that visited my house as of which I did not no so I had to sage the following day and all was calm. My dad has been following the path for 50 years and I can usually get guidance there which I am very lucky. I guess my trade so to speak is my spiritual intuition as well as smell and emotion sensitive my dad lives usually in Europe and I am in the uk and I can smell incense he burns all very odd.

I have naturally been able to tarot card read and people read from a young age also. I do spell work but solely for the good of others. I always stick to the ten fold rule. Wiccan is very natural to the meaning of incense and how to problem solve as well as honour but I am always intrigued with others abilities and eager to open my mind to learn different tools, that is pretty much me. How about you.
watershield
Banned Member

Post by watershield »

My preference is a fire. I can see things in the embers. It's a living energy that talks to me.
The mind is a window to the universe, but for many the window is closed
Truth is unique, it seldom has meaning for anyone other than the one who speaks it.
My opinion is my own. I am willing to share it, though you are not required to accept it.
Becky b

Post by Becky b »

That sounds entering using guess I will find my comfy zone in time and happy with the pace where I can control. :)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

The one thing I would expand on or actually change is the cleaning of the mirror. Straight alcohol seems a little harsh for this tool. I would make a wash out of boiled water and mugwort, and this is what I clean the mirror and the crystal balls with. You can also make mugwort infused in some vodka, as a wash.

At Samahin I was spontaneously guided to make this brew in white vinegar (another good cleanser and great way to extract herbs) as a wash for the black mirror...it went like this.
Herbs of bay, and leaves of May, with mugwort I'll see today.
Bay leaves are used for protection and psychic powers
The leaves of May are Woodruff, used for protection.
Mugwort to see are used for psychic powers and protection.
I view Bay leaves as a traditional plant to write your wishes on for the Samahin bone-fire and a powerful herb for carrying messages, and the leaves of May (Woodruff) as the the polar opposite of this Holiday and also known for it ability to maintain youth, so added it for balance of these Holidays and the two times of year when the veil is the thinnest, and then mugwort for the visioning aspect.
I had great results with this wash.
The mirror does have a quality of sucking you in, so when not in use, it really should be covered.
Many blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
DPhoenix

Post by DPhoenix »

firebirdflys wrote:The one thing I would expand on or actually change is the cleaning of the mirror. Straight alcohol seems a little harsh for this tool. I would make a wash out of boiled water and mugwort, and this is what I clean the mirror and the crystal balls with. You can also make mugwort infused in some vodka, as a wash.
As time goes on I learn more and more uses for mugwort... is there anything you CAN'T use it for? LOL
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
To rise again new -Wanna be friends on face book? Add me Dorothy Phoenix
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

watershield wrote:My preference is a fire. I can see things in the embers. It's a living energy that talks to me.
Watershield, maybe start a new post with information about how you fire scry, if you'd like. That would be fascinating.

Firebirdflys, I like your "mirror wash" idea, the spell and the ingredients. Nice.

Last edited by Firebird on Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removing broken link
__Oracle__

Post by __Oracle__ »

Thank you for posting this, it will come in handy when I create my own Black Mirror :-).
creatrix

Post by creatrix »

When is the best time to scry? My Priestess likes to scry when the moon is dark. I've read other people like to scry when the moon is full. Any opinions?
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

Typically the best time to scry is during Samhain it's the time of year when the veil between our world and that of the spirits is at its thinnest, and that means it's the perfect season to look for messages from the metaphysical.

As far as moon phases I have found it to work best during the waxing and full moons.
Suhrt

Post by Suhrt »

Hello, very interesting post. Thank you Kassandra. I'm new here though and I'm curious, what is Samhain? I've never heard of that before.
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

Suhrt wrote:Hello, very interesting post. Thank you Kassandra. I'm new here though and I'm curious, what is Samhain? I've never heard of that before.
Take a look through the Sabbats subsection:
viewforum.php?f=40
Last edited by Firebird on Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixing broken link
Silversong
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow (if the rainbow is in Oregon)

Post by Silversong »

//track

I've been looking for this. Firebird was kind enough to direct me to it.

Return to “General Divination”