Do online readings work ?

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
Firefly Dancer

Do online readings work ?

Post by Firefly Dancer »

Hello all

I am learning about divination but still pretty much a newbie. I have been using online divination tools and tarots that shuffle the cards and come with an answer online. ( you shuffle them as many times as you like and pick the cards too ).

I have gotten some accurate reads so far although not so complete. And today, for an urgent question, I used all the online yes or no oracles to be found and got a yes on all of them but one.

Some say that it is your concentration or intent that makes the answer and the method ( holding the cards or virtually shuffling them ) makes no difference. Others say what is online is just a scam and you need to do it yourself.

I tend to think that what matters is the energy you put behind the question or intention to learn more about a reading, so probably the online tools might work and maybe for more general stuff.

My questions are :

- Would you trust an online reading ?
- Would a very repetitive yes ( online and offline ) really mean an answer or even for such a short question, a more elaborate reading should be made ?

Thanks and BB :wink:
Firefly.
roseonfire

Re: Do online readings work ?

Post by roseonfire »

First off, allow my to state that in addition to reading Tarot semi-professionally, I also share experience in computer programming.

The online divination programs are that, programs. They are coded to, each time, create a random set of variables that are then manifested into the output that is displayed. There are very few studies on the human ability to change a predetermined random order. If you input a question into the program, then it is probably set up to look for specific words to tailor the cards so it seems better fitting to the reading. If not, then the cards are most likely given a random order.

When you work with a physical divination tool, it is your subconscious mind that, through an association with your superconscious, works to develop the results. Something not so easily done digitally.

So to answer your questions:

1) No
2) Ever use a digital coin toss? One where you can press a button and it'll "flip" the coin again? If so, you'll notice these programs often will show a string of the same result.

Hope this helps.
The Goddess is like the moon itself, guiding us in our darkest moments.

Return to “General Divination”