Make Your Own Wisdom Cards

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
Earth Ritual

Make Your Own Wisdom Cards

Post by Earth Ritual »

I am a firm believer that at some point on the path a witch needs to create hir own way of communicating with the Spirit World.

I also think that divination systems should be based on one's ancestral, bone, and gut consciousness. That's why tarot has never been a big turn on for me and I prefer sticks, rocks, cowries and things.

For someone who wants to get started in that direction I offer to you the Fractal Wisdom Cards with nine sacred geometric spreads.

These cards are based on the esoteric meaning behind regular playing cards. I have used them for years and they are extraordinarily helpful in personal transformation and healing.

Diamonds
Represents: Zodiac and MATTER
Card
1 Healing
2 Creating
3 Knowing
4 Wish, Desire
5 Discern
6 Communicate
7 Fight, Initiate
8 Responsibility
9 Invent
10 Beauty
J Work
Q Profession
K Livelihood

Clubs
Represents: Grammar and CONSCIOUSNESS
Card
1 Grasp
2 Conceive
3 Understand
4 Imagine, Mental Rep.
5 Qualify, Analyze
6 Statement, Discuss
7 Assertion, Question
8 Explain
9 Plan
10 Truth
J Team
Q Society
K Friendship

Hearts
Represents: Crises and ENERGY
Card
1 Confidence
Trust
2 Adaption
3 Archetype
4 Strategies
5 Norm
6 Value
Priorities
7 Individuation
8 Mantic
Structure
9 Vision
10 Goodness
J Faith
Q Family
K Instincts

Spades
Represents: Ladder to Heaven and SELF ORGANIZATION
Card
1 East, Revelation
2 West, Mineral
Affirmation, Letting Go
3 South
Plant, Growth
4 North, Animal
Find Medicine
5 Become Human
Center- Earth
6 Ancestors S.E.
7 Nature-Spirits S.W.
8 Angels N.W.
9 Inspirers-Muses, N.E.
10 Justice
J Path
Q Personality
K Mastery
You are either for Life or against It. There is no in between.

I used to believe in god above. Now I'm filled with so much love.-Erykah Badu after the invocation of the Goddess

May the love that holds eternity at its fingertips kiss each and everyone one you on the lips. May your words bring worlds that bring hope to a world dying to be reborn.
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

Who awesome!
What is the nine sacred geometry spread? And I'm going to try it with my tarot cards if that's ok with you. Ha.

Much love,
Y0m
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

Spreads:

Instructions: Pull a card for each question. To know which question to ask use the numerology of the diamonds to relate your problem numerically. Examples of each are given below.

1. Is the problem a matter of healing? Do you wish a single card to express the right attitude of your entire being towards life just now? If so, then pick one card.

2. Is your problem a matter of creativity, if so choose two cards. Using the second "structural analysis method", is your problem governed by two, does it concern the relation of yourself to others, or of Self and ego? Does the situation involve a creative duality, a polarity of complementary opposites, like you-me, creator-created, artist-painting? If so, then again choose two cards, one for each of the things in a complementary opposition with each other.

3. Three involves a problem with cognition, understanding. Is it a matter of knowledge, of striving or evolution? Then pick three cards. In essence the numeral three stands for dialectic movement as shown below. Does your problem involve a trinity where dialectic movement is inherent - past, future and present; thesis, anti-thesis and synthesis; body, soul, spirit. If you feel that your problem is stagnation, then in essence your problem is one of dialectic movement. If so you ask: what is my situation, my aim, and my method to change? The three cards are shown as a dialectic triangle:

4. Pick four cards if it is a matter of knowing your motivations and true wishes. What do you really want to do? Using structural analysis, look to see if your problem pertains to a lack of balance in the four functions, and a need to center yourself. For instance, are you out of balance by overemphasis in Sensing - lost in practical matters; or are you carried away by emotions - Feeling. Or are you stuck in Thinking and unable to use the freedom of Will, or unable to Feel. Each card picked relates to a function. Together they show how to bring the functions into balance and to center yourself. In effect the question becomes "what is important to consider with respect to my sensing, thinking, feeling and willing?"

5. If you see your problem involves an undertaking, activity or project, then use the fivefold symbol of Man - the pentagram. The five cards answer the five questions inherent in the pentagram. For the left foot, what is my present stand? For the right foot, what is my next step? For the left hand, what is my potential for acting? For my right hand, what can I do? For my head, how can I integrate the situation? Five pertains to finding your human identity.

6. Pick six cards if it is a problem of communication. Sixfoldness -- the hexagram - sheds light on how any group action or community undertaking can succeed. The cards answer these six questions: What is my role in this common venture? How can we progress by this group? What should my attitude be towards the others in the group? What have I mastered and can contribute to this undertaking? What can our common aim be? What plan or structure does this venture need in order to make sense? Six pertains to active participation in a community.

7. If it is obviously a problem of fighting, then seven. Seven is essentially a matter of initiative. This essence behind a problem is not always obvious. It sometimes requires considerable reflection and pondering to discover the real question, the real problem. For instance, a problem, which is essentially about initiative frequently does not involve fighting at all. For instance, it could involve a desire to change jobs and start a new career. Any problem of initiative, fighting to change, start something new, requires seven cards like the Babylonian week: The card on the place of the Moon will answer: how can I use my imagination for this initiative? Saturn: how can I handle the circumstances? Mercury, what is the actual improvement I can expect and work for? Jupiter: how can I integrate this effort? Venus: where does my creativity come in? Mars: where is the need for initiative? Sun: how can I be (remain) myself in this venture? This formulation of seven questions is just one way among many of expressing the meaning behind these seven basic time cycles - the 7 planets behind the Babylonian week. This sevenfold fighting type of question will lead to a new initiative.

I used to believe in god above. Now I'm filled with so much love.-Erykah Badu after the invocation of the Goddess

May the love that holds eternity at its fingertips kiss each and everyone one you on the lips. May your words bring worlds that bring hope to a world dying to be reborn.
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

Spreads Continued:

8. If the problem pertains to responsibilities, then eight. The structure of eight helps you to consider how in any complex situation in which you bear responsibility, you do not have to act alone. You can tune into the cosmic powers, and act in harmony with heaven and earth. This involves the eight directions and their Powers. (The fifth and tenth Powers are excluded.) So lay the cards out in a big square and visualize the directions as you do in the Wheel.

Each card drawn relates to a particular direction. So the questions will be something like the following. 1-EAST: By what attitude can I expect to receive enlightenment from the East? 2-WEST: How can I gain the power of affirming?

3-SOUTH: When can I have trust and innocence from the South? 4-NORTH: Where do I need, and how do I gain, wisdom and clarity? 6-SOUTH-EAST: How do I get in touch with the ancestral force? 7-SOUTH-WEST: In what respect are the elementals ready to help? 8-NORTH-WEST: How can I receive messages from the Angels? 9-NORTH-EAST: How do I open myself to the inspiration of the muses, the actualizing forces?

Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

Spreads Continued:

9. Is it a problem of drafting, projecting, or inventing a new situation, a new project? Then use all nine cards. The cards are laid out in the shape of the Enneagram. You decipher according to ninefold grammar.

The questions to use will be something like:

9 What will reveal the common denominator of the project?

3 What progress can the project bring, how can it further evolution?

6 How should I communicate the project and solicit support from the community?

1 How can a healing, synthesis effect come out of the project?

2 Where is my creative outlet?

4 How can I use my imagination?

5 Where is exact discernment and judgment required?

7 Where is the initiative?

8 What is my responsibility?

With Deep Repsect and Gratitude for the Great Ancestor Arnold Keyserling for his creation of this system and his transmission of this wisdom through Chance and Choice: A Compendium of Ancient and Modern Wisdom Revealing the Meaning and Significance of the Myth of Science. This information is available for free at http://www.chanceandchoice.com/ and is an aspect of the School of Wisdom series found at http://www.schoolofwisdom.com/

If you have questions about this spread I invite you to post them or pm me. Do check out the book Chance and Choices as it contains some very important information for the evolution of our species.

Y0m

Post by Y0m »

Nice! I'll be adding this to my book of shadows.

Thanks Earth Ritual.
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
Earth Ritual

A Little Note on Tarot

Post by Earth Ritual »

The purpose of this structure is to demystify tarot and to reveal a deeper mathematical structure for its archetypal workings.

These images are located in Chapter 1 of Chance and Choice (referenced above). The Fractal Wisdom Card information is located in Chapter 9 of this book.

Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

You're Welcome.

Return to “General Divination”