Gemstone or glass

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
nini

Gemstone or glass

Post by nini »

Hi. I'm having a hard time distinguishing my crystals whether they are real or glass finely crafted. Can anyone give me some advice? thanks :oops:
If you haven't the strength to impose your own terms upon life, you must accept the terms it offers you. - TS Elliot
being-singular-plural

Post by being-singular-plural »

Sorry for the delay--been up to my neck in other matters. Sometimes it is really hard to tell. The first test would involve weight. How heavy is it---compare to a stone or crystal that you really know is one, and if it is significantly lighter than it is most likely glass. Another suggestion is to go to a gemologist, he/she may know. And finally, use your "gut"---if you think at a deep level that it is glass, then it probably is. Glass is not necessarily bad and it can be "programmed" to do magical works because at bottom it is a silicate like quartz. But, I know, in this culture we prise "authenticity" based on the idea of purity = better than the impure. A few steps in thought reveal that all matter is a conglomeration and ultimately "impure." But this philosophical issue is probably better reserved for a different post.

Beams of Crystal light,
bsp
nini

Post by nini »

Thanks. i'd like to show you some of my stuff
these are my energy crystals. small as quaiils egg and the inside seems to be hallow as there is something inside when you shake it (except for my tea jade of course)

and the rest of my stuff...
If you haven't the strength to impose your own terms upon life, you must accept the terms it offers you. - TS Elliot
being-singular-plural

Fantastic stuff, nini.

Thanks for displaying these. I think I see some Sugilite, Fluorite, Fire Agate, lots of clear quartz, carnelian, Aqua Aurea quartz, rose quartz, amethyst, is that a hematite sphere?, is that Chrysocalla on the other side (directly right of the crystal point)? I am sure these beautiful beings will serve you well. :!: :idea: :!:

Peaceful Blessings,
bsp
nini

Post by nini »

you've got a keen eye for crystals. LOL. you just miss 1---my bloodstone (the one between the big quartz and amethyst). i love that stone especially when wet as you can see the red spots clear.

thanks
white_wolf

Crystals

Post by white_wolf »

Bloodstone is my Favorite stone.
As far as I can Tell all these are real crystals
White*wolf

Post by White*wolf »

Nini, Those are beautiful. :)
-Jessica [aka Whitewolf]
nini

Post by nini »

thanks. would you know what type of stones are my energy egg crystals? I know the big one is tea jade but about the 3 small ones?
being-singular-plural

It looks like the one on the right is chrysocolla, the one in the middle looks like a colour treated dalmatian jasper (red and black). I have no idea about the grey-white one one left....

Warmly,
bsp

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”