What’s your top three crystals/stones?

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
Gem

What’s your top three crystals/stones?

Post by Gem »

Good evening everyone,

I thought a good way of getting to know you all would be to invite you to post your top three crystals/stones and the reasons behind them. It’s so interesting to hear about the different experiences each individual has with different types, and maybe any beginners reading can learn a few things along the way :) I already said mine in another post, but I’ll put it here too to get it going:

Selenite: This was the first stone I ever acquired, it was gifted to me by my mother one year and so I’ve always associated it with a connection with her. After all, it was named after the goddess Selene, and personally I see all the goddess figures as our mothers in some way, so the connection was very strong there.
Fluorite (green, specifically): I’m not sure if it’s because I’m an Earth sign or what, but to me green fluorite emits a pulsing, slow vibration when you hold it, almost like the pulse of a vein. I’ve always seen it as an Earth stone, and the pulse from this particular stone really resonates with me.
Snow quartz: I’m an empath, and whenever I pick up other people’s emotions they always, and I mean always come through as a migraine (if it’s a ‘negative’ emotion). The severity of it seems to depend on how strong the emotion is the other person is feeling, and I find that gently stroking a big rough chunk of snow quartz over my forehead and temples just sucks the pain out completely (I don’t apply pressure, it’s just gently going over the skin). I have a piece with a lovely flat side that I keep specifically for this purpose.

I look forward to hearing what your favourites are!
”I’d rather be happy and odd,
Than miserable and ordinary.”
- Michelle Magorian, Goodnight Mister Tom
Black Cloud

Re: What’s your top three crystals/stones?

Post by Black Cloud »

[Green Obsidian: I like the way it reflects light. Carnelian: It seems to have flesh like qualities. African Verdite: It has superb dream stone abilities.
"People with a high tolerance for boredom can get a lot of thinking done." -Stephen King
“For every woman is at heart a witch.” -Charles Leland
“Men argue, nature acts.” -Voltaire
“Our life is the creation of our mind.” -Buddha
“Any person capable of angering you becomes your master.” -Epictetus
“Facts don’t cease to exist because they are ignored.” -Aldous Huxley
Gem

Post by Gem »

Ooh ‘flesh like qualities’, I really like the way you put that. It seems fitting as it’s such a sensual stone too. Cool :)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

The first stone I was ever drawn to was man made gold stone that I found as a kid when we were on vacation buying souvenirs. It sparkled. Mom let me have a ring @ something like .99 cents back then... 1960. To this day I still enjoy the sparkles of this stone and have a palm stone or 2 😃. It’s copper content aids telepathy.

Shungite, a high carbon shale found in Russia, is sold as a water filtering stone and has a strong healing quality, and protects from EMF-ELF radiation, not to be confused with elves.

Labradorite, especially the blue flash. One day I’d stopped at a witchy shOp. My radar targeted a tray of it from the doorway at 50 paces across the room, & behind the counter, where it was being weighed & priced. It sparkled. I find it uplifting.
Gem

Post by Gem »

Ah yes I love the memories of childhood jewellery, and I definitely agree about the labradorite, that flash is really quite something.
evil ed

Post by evil ed »

1) Smoky Rutilated Quartz

2) Fire Obsidian

3) Siberian Amazonite- The Old Stock!
By the prickling of my thumbs,
something Wiccan this way comes!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Gosh, that's like trying to name a favorite child :wink:
My first stones were a gift from my Aunt when I was like 5. They were Bloodstone, carnelian, jasper and petrified wood. I still have those stones and they were the first of a tremendous collection that never seems to end. :shock: (I have spent hundreds of dollars on rocks. :roll: ) I really liked the red specks in the dark green of the bloodstone, so that one is a favorite. The purple of amethyst feels really powerful though sadly found out the hard way that it does not like to be exposed to the sunlight for an extended time, (nor does fluorite). My friend gave me a large chunk that sits on the fireplace, It doesn't get to go outdoors and play too often because his cousin turned almost clear. The third is a toss between carnelian and obsidian (of every type) these stones feel real nourishing for some reason.
Blessed be Earth and all her beautiful minerals.
FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
evil ed

Post by evil ed »

firebirdflys wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:35 pm Gosh, that's like trying to name a favorite child :wink:
My first stones were a gift from my Aunt when I was like 5. They were Bloodstone, carnelian, jasper and petrified wood. I still have those stones and they were the first of a tremendous collection that never seems to end. :shock: (I have spent hundreds of dollars on rocks. :roll: ) I really liked the red specks in the dark green of the bloodstone, so that one is a favorite. The purple of amethyst feels really powerful though sadly found out the hard way that it does not like to be exposed to the sunlight for an extended time, (nor does fluorite). My friend gave me a large chunk that sits on the fireplace, It doesn't get to go outdoors and play too often because his cousin turned almost clear. The third is a toss between carnelian and obsidian (of every type) these stones feel real nourishing for some reason.
Blessed be Earth and all her beautiful minerals.
FF
Firebird, I need to talk. I came across a box in the garage That I was supposed to ship to you at least TWICE! :( I'm going to open that sucker up and a couple more that I got in the meantime. I will be sending you a PM to confirm that the address is still a good one to ship to. Please, if they get there within a week, please post pictures, if they don't please shame me here-I've already have it coming!

E.E.
By the prickling of my thumbs,
something Wiccan this way comes!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

LoL...ok Ed! Looking forward to it, :flyingwitch:
Thank you so much!, the address hasn't changed but notify me if you can't find it.
Exciting! He has petrified wood, old stock as I recall? Squeeeeeeee !!

So here is the amethyst I was speaking of, this is just a small chunk from a larger geode that got broke. Hard to find clusters with large points, that's why the penny for perspective.
Chunky Amethyst
Chunky Amethyst
Bb, FF
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Anubisa
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by Anubisa »

Mine are:

1) Quartz in any types. I especially love clear quartz. I just am drawn to it for some reason.
2) Alexandrite is my birthstone. However, it's not just because of that. It also draws me as well.
3) Moonstone is another favorite of mine.

There's too many! Lol!
Anubisa
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Fluorite is really neet, I have a rare yellow "diamond" type but it is currently on an adventure of its own because I cannot find it. :anxious:
I'll make a crystal grid of sorts, large enough to meditate from within (I obtained a large quantity of mostly green diamonds for this practice)
Ok crystal of the day!
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”