Obsidian

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
ThunderFog

Obsidian

Post by ThunderFog »

I've liked obsidian since the first time I saw it in science class as a kid does it have any meaning or uses or anything?
The ability to question our way of thinking is what shows our intelligence.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Obsidian

Post by SpiritTalker »

Obsidian is used for crystal gazing, & If I remember right, John Dee’s famous shew stone was obsidian.

John Dee (13 July 1527 – 1608 or 1609) was an Anglo-Welsh mathematician, astronomer, astrologer and occult philosopher, and an advisor to Queen Elizabeth I. He spent much time on alchemy, divination, and Hermetic philosophy. (Ref. Wikipedia)

Magickal Properties
It drives away negativity, wards off psychic attacks and is used for divination. You can also use it in protection and centering rituals. Black Obsidian blades can be used in rituals to cut unwanted links between people. ... Black Obsidian is also the best crystal to use during Samhain. (Ref. The moon lite shop)
ThunderFog

Post by ThunderFog »

That's cool maybe I should get something matching for me and my fiance with it.
The ability to question our way of thinking is what shows our intelligence.
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

I use it mostly for grounding in deep power hard to define. I think black cloak would be a close symbolism regarding this stone.
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
evil ed

Post by evil ed »

Gold sheen obsidian is great for scrying! I've used rough for this with very good results. Cutting and polishing a scrying mirror of this material is high on this year's "to do" list!.
Black is a very good protection stone. Carry an Apache tear with you for this- even unpolished ones are smooth, most rough obsidian delights in biting you!!!
Mahogany is a great protection AND calming stone. It's great for helping you keep your composure during stressful situations.

E.E.
By the prickling of my thumbs,
something Wiccan this way comes!
Hazel Moon

Post by Hazel Moon »

I was taught that obsidian can be used as an antipollutant, and that if you suffer from conditions that are made worse by pollution, you can carry a piece of obsidian as a protective and healing amulet.

That's actually something I do every fire season since we get a lot of smoke from fires. I have an obsidian pendant, and I use it as part of simple spell to help protect against the pollution brought on every summer from the fires.
We share our physical lives with those in spirit. For life, like love, never dies.
Love knows no limits, not even death.
Coven

Post by Coven »

I have an Obsidian pendant ~ it's magic ~ if I do psychometry on it ~ it shows the future ~

I am new to crystals and gemstones and such ~ so I don't know much about them ~ but this obsidian pendent seems to be possessed by some friendly spirits ~ I don't know if that's possible ~ but the energy is friendly and peaceful and it shows the future

it's ice obsidian ~
my teacher recommended the black obsidian pendant ~ but then when I was ordering it the ice obsidian one jumped out at me ~ I thought it would blend better with it's environment ~ it's really special ~ I wouldn't have thought that something so affordable would be so magic and special

maybe I'll get the black one as well ~
:-|

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”