Can someone tell me if these crystals.. stones.. are real?

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
onetwothree

Can someone tell me if these crystals.. stones.. are real?

Post by onetwothree »

I was cleaning up an area of my backyard and found some rocks that sort of look like crystals I currently have. They would have been left by previous owners. Im just wondering if there is any way to tell if they are real or just dollar store decorative rocks? I have only gone through a small area and already found these 5 so it would be exciting to see if there are any more or at least know if I am wasting my time!
Images of both sides:)

They seemed random, found them under cinder blocks that were left behind, they were not placed in a decorative way.
Idk how to upload photos here so if it doesn't show just put them up on a weebly site. So if anyone can go and look and answer a few questions:
https://stonesorcrystals.weebly.com/
1. Do they look genuine/real, or just fake decorative rocks?
------If the answer if fake, no need to answer the rest. If they look real, I have a few more questions----
2. What kind of crystals do they appear to be?
3. Why would they have been left behind? And seemingly hidden under cinder blocks? (That were once holding up a shed).
4. How can I clear their energy to rid of any potential negativity?
5. Is there any way to know if they were placed for positive or negative intentions?

Thank you!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Can someone tell me if these crystals.. stones.. are rea

Post by SpiritTalker »

Yep, those are real stones, product of Mother Nature. 😉

1. Re dyed rocks: neon colors are dyed quartz and the coloring would break down after being out in the weather a while. All stones have natural properties. Quartz is an abundant mineral.

2. What kind of stones? Beach agates are water smoothed composites.
. igneous rocks and pegmatites, quartz usually occurs with potassium feldspars, muscovite, biotite and amphiboles. In sedimentary rocks or metamorphosed sedimentary rocks, quartz may be associated with potassium feldspar, calcite, dolomite or a variety of clay minerals (Ref. Wikipedia.)

3. Why would they have been left behind? And seemingly hidden under cinder blocks? (That were once holding up a shed). - My guess is a possible offering or just cast offs from an over abundance.

4. How can I clear their energy to rid of any potential negativity? - In-ground burial is sufficient to reset a stone's energies back to Mom Nature’s factory settings. Flushing with running water is cleansing. Charge with your own energy signature. Avoid salt water soaks as it can damage soft stones.

5. Is there any way to know if they were placed for positive or negative intentions? - Use your intuitive senses or any divination form you consistently work with.

Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

This is my theory, the previous owner had a rock tumbler, probably in the shed, they could of spilled out of a bucket or bag, ending up in the brick. I'm betting you will find more.
Or
They look like they could be largish stones used in aquariums or bonsai, or any other kind of decorative landscaping
Can't say what they are, Evil Ed might know.
Probably not set with ill intent, sounds like too random of a spot.
Bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
onetwothree

Post by onetwothree »

Thank you so much for your responses!
SpiritTalker: Are you saying that regardless of whether they real in color, they are still from the earth and would be useful?

I just think it would be very exciting to know another owner of our home may have been into the same things I am, instead of just someone leaving decorative rocks behind lol.

Firebirdflys: That would be pretty cool if they had a tumbler! I sure hope I find more:)
And who is Evil Ed?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

They look to me like beach agates. Id bet FBF is right about a rock tumbler. It's a fun hobby & the "discards" would be left behind. Raw, not tumbled agate pic

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.Ashs ... =300&h=300
barker

Post by barker »

Putting them on your ajna chakra will work... just that stones are very different if found in the natural setting.
onetwothree

Post by onetwothree »

Thank you all! I will definitely be looking to see if there are anymore, hopefully I will be able to figure out if they are real:)
:D
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

They are definitely not gemstone or semi-precious pop crystals if that's how you define real.

Edit - 3 images no longer working have been removed

Beach stones of assorted minerals
https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.dLpO ... =300&h=300
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Evil Ed is our resident stone wizzard.
he pops in every now and then, which reminds me, I'm going to move this to the stone forum.
bb, ff
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
evil ed

Post by evil ed »

firebirdflys wrote:Evil Ed is our resident stone wizzard.
he pops in every now and then, which reminds me, I'm going to move this to the stone forum.
bb, ff
Sorry it took me to get here, Been working with a new right knee.
Anyhoo, back to the stones..... To me they look like beach tumbled stones. These are sometimes sold in pet shops by the bag for goldfish bowls or aquariums. These are usually milky quartz, grey/brown agates and jaspers.

Where they were found doesn't sound like they were part of any ritual or offering (I could be wrong tho....).

Please keep in mind that the value does not depend on monetary worth. These came to YOU at this place and time. keep them around, at least for now.

E.E.
By the prickling of my thumbs,
something Wiccan this way comes!

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”