Imperial Topaz

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
birublackzoey

Imperial Topaz

Post by birublackzoey »

I was in India recently, and was being brought to some textile shops. I was fast losing interest, when my colleague who was bringing us around asked if we would like to look at some stones and gems. 5 mins later, I was studying and trying to find vibrational matches with a few hundred stones.

Eventually, I picked a rich amber topaz. As they say, the crystal/gem will find its owner, and this one just leapt out at me. It was the first I picked out, and in the end, it was the one I went with. It looked pale and glasslike on its own, but on my skin, it was dimensional and almost bottomless. I have been wearing it daily now, except for showers and at the gym, and testing out its intentional/manifestation strength with some success. Cheap thrills, I suppose!

This is the first stone I have owned, and certainly the one I have the most visceral and strongest connection to. I catch myself looking at it in the light, and also rubbing it smooth face without noticing. Upon returning from the trip, I was unwell for about 3 days, due to temperature change, and during that time, the stone took on a pink-red tone. It has since regained its original warm golden colour.

As this is my first, I wonder how else I can integrate the stone in my practice and daily life. Also I would be so nice to hear first hand of the properties of an imperial topaz, I know that similarly coloured stones can ignite similar powers - but the information online can be wide-ranging and somewhat contradictory. Similar stones would be citrine, yellow sapphire etc.

I must confess that I have been trying to get into crystals previously to no avail - I was gifted a few, but they did not really mesh with me. And I was also "gifted" unique almost impossible rocks from my walks in Nature , forests and beaches. While I treasured those, and enjoyed holding them, it still felt seperate in terms of my daily integration, so I am glad to have this enter my path in the most smoothest way.

I also bought a deep purple topaz for mother's day - she has an affinity for purple stones, something which I remember from childhood looking at her dresser where she had jewellery of Amethyst and Agate. I hope it brings her joy as well, the ring was a perfect fit as I was just eyeballing her size and tuning my intention/awareness up as I was trying to connect and pick one for her.

Wish me luck on my new journey with these beautiful powerful stones, and look forward to any kind of sharing! <3 <3 <3

barker

Re: Imperial Topaz

Post by barker »

Topaz = satisfaction.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Dang those are huge, they must have set you back a pretty penny halfsm
I have been trying to find yellow topaz my whole life, it's like it doesn't exist. Saw it a couple times at a gem show but I couldn't afford it. I would like a raw piece after all it is my birthstone and the closest sub is always citrine in which most are really amethyst heat treated.
The properties of topaz are not one I have ever worked with but I can say for the color it should revive you and alleviate depression and spark creativity.
What are they set in? it's a little hard to tell ...silver should have a stamp 925 somewhere on the piece. it doesn't look like gold.
Your mom is going to be surprised :shock: that is a lovely mothers day gift. Nice!
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
birublackzoey

Post by birublackzoey »

It was a small back alley that my indian colleague brought us to, and we were also in a smaller city, not a major one like Delhi or Mumbai, so the shop was tiny with about 3 artisans in the back. I did ask him if it was normal pricing, and he shared that these are the prices so locals can afford them. The stones were locally sourced from within India, in Agra and Jaipur, some of the more exotic ones came from Pakistan and Afghanistan.

It was not expensive at all, which became an equaliser as I had no plans at all to buy gems or jewellery on a work trip! Each ring was about $40, there were some raw ones, but these were precut to save time, and they are set in silver. No 925 stamped, which does make me doubt it - as also pure silver tends to turn my skin green. I guess it is a happy compromise that it has not discoloured my finger at least - even my engagement band is stainless steel. Next to my engagement band above, it has the slightest warm tinge - not as "blue" as stainless steel.

The workmanship is not perfect, but I quite like the quality of the hand and some imperfections. I did stick around to see one of the rings being mounted, set and incorporated by a young apprentice of the master jeweller. Most guys and ladies there have a ring or two with a stone - it seems to be local culture, so it was just another run of the mill ring for the young apprentice. All the rings (3 others were bought by another colleague) were ready in about 4 hours.

I wished we had more time in the shop, but I went with the ones I had the best feeling about, and my mom was pleased to receive it! She said she did want something that was darker for a while now, as her other purple stones have paled or lightened slightly over time - so it was good synchronicity. Even the ring size was a perfect match, that was the part I was worried about the most.

We did end up visiting a higher end jeweller in Delhi, and saw the same stones there, but they were more refined in their cuts. There was one which was hard enough to receive the full number of cuts which was 64. It almost carried its own light, really beautiful and amazing. These four below were pale but very refined compared to the one I got, haha.

Clockwise from top: Pale Amethyst, Yellow Sapphire, Aquamarine, Imperial Topaz.

I am still building the connection with it, I sleep with it on, along with my usual combination of sleep affirmations or binaural beats. I am unsure about "charging" it as it can supposedly fade the colour when exposed to the sun - but another source also mentioned the yellow, orange, imperial topazes are of the Solar/Sun energy, so information has been contradictory.
One characteristic I do keep seeing being repeated many times is that it is a manifesting stone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFQbFUshOZo

Thanks for sharing, Firebird - and may a beautiful yellow topaz find its way to you too! <3 <3 <3

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”