Reason for attracting to specific stones?

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
Binglian

Reason for attracting to specific stones?

Post by Binglian »

Is there a reason why you are attracted to a type of stones? For me, I have been working with various stones, from jade, to amethyst (my old favorite) to rose quartz, they all have different characteristic. However, recently, I am greatly attracted to citrine. This stone just feels so special to me, I can't explain why. I have worked with this stone, and I have excellent results compared to other stones, such as rose quartz. However, I can't explain why I am so attractive to this type of stone. Is there any reasons that could explain this feelings?

Thanks everyone!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: reason for attracting to specific stones?

Post by SpiritTalker »

I once asked that same question to a long-time clerk at my local metaphysical-new age shop & was told that the stones we're called to had something to offer us; they respond to a need. Thus the properties of a stone that attracts us have something to fill a need we're experiencing at the time. In my experience over the years it's been true. Some stones energies fill the gaps & rebalance the energies that daily life knocks out of us.

When I'd 1st started paying attention to semiprecious stones & crystals I'd gone gaga over amethyst. After a bit of long-term exposure the attraction was replaced by rutilated smokey quartz. When I became familiar with their properties, well sure enough, their energies matched what I had needed as I was opening to these Craft pathways.
Binglian

Post by Binglian »

Hi SpiritTalker, this is really eye opening! I have never thought that some crystals can attract you based on your currents needs. I always feel that we are the ones that are in control of what we want to use, but in a way, it totally makes sense! It is like how we are attracted to certain type of foods based on our own desire or needs without even realising we need that.

I have been using my citrine for few weeks now for dreams. It works so well initially but the effect started to tone down after few weeks. I realised that I need to charge it so I was charging it for few days. During these few days, I was really craving for it. Not the kind that I just want to use it type of craving, but literally yearning for it! My whole body feel like it's missing something, its crazy!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I've had this happen too Binglian! A stone screams at you from amongst a pile or array of countless other stones. What is it trying to say? Why me? I already have a mound of rocks, lol. I like when one is hiking or at the beach and they grab ya. Haha! Gotcha. :shock:

I find their energy really soothing overall regardless of color or type. But the individual qualities do have lessons of the stone people. They're saying ...hey, you need this?
Trying to figure out what it is that I need other than another pretty rock isn't always clear, although this time I think I got why I purchased an opal at the pow wow over the weeked. An opal, never got one till now, It's a tear shaped cabochon surrounded by natural earth and the brilliant sparkles are visible through the center like a window. The shape of the window is reminiscent of Kokopelli. Bring some sparkle to my inner creator perhaps? Let my inner light shine? It's really beautiful and I spent a little more $$ than I should have :oops: which is not typical for me so it must have really been calling out!

Bb, sparklebird !
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I had one fall from the sky & bounce of my chest. Seagull bombardier. It was pink & organically heart shaped & not like a valentine heart, & it struck me on the heart chakra. Hint-hint.

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”