Crystal Storage

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
missbelladonna

Crystal Storage

Post by missbelladonna »

Hi everyone!

I'm curious to know-- how do you guys store your crystals? Currently, mine are all in a ziplock bag (I went through a period where I took a break from my spirituality, and I wasn't sure if I was going to get back to it so I listed all my crystals as a lot on Ebay... and I don't think they're too happy about that still...). I want to cleanse them and store them properly so I can use them more regularly. I'm thinking about sewing little bags for them over spring break and finding a nice little box to put them in.

Photos will be appreciated too!
"Keep your heels, head, and standards high." -Coco Chanel
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Crystal Storage

Post by SpiritTalker »

Well, I love rocks & stones so they're everywhere in the house. On a hutch I basically sort by size - quartz points are always on display standing upright in tea cups filled with herbs. They go with my Quan Yin "working" statues where petitions are put. A crystal ball & shungite pyramid is on another shelf with a (resin)fake ancestor skull & ouija board & some mementos. Books on the bottom shelf are held up with a lidded box containing palm-size stones that is easily flipped open to pluck out what I want, & the same book-end use is made of a cedar box with orgone generators. Tumbled stones are loose in an open shoebox in a drawer - easy to pull open the drawer & pick what i want. Marble sized spheres are in a pretty jar on a lamp table. Assorted spheres & eggs are in a tabletop terrarium that keeps off the dust (bcs what's dumber than dusting rocks?) Stroking stones & prayer beads are in a sewing basket beside my recliner chair in easy reach.

I put orgone generators on window sills, in the refridgerator crisper drawers & buried at the corners of my property. left over stones are in a RubberMaid tub with the potato bin on top of the fridge. One of my cat's has his cushion on top of the fridge too. Herbs are stored in mason jars with a quartz, citrine or amethyst tumbled stone inside; the window shelf by the sink holds a tiny cauldron for more petitions & an amethyst cluster. Sticky notes are great for petitions. So I live with stones all over the place, but they're contained.

If your collection fits in a zip lock bag then an easy solution might be a divided box, like a cardboard jewelry box or tape dividers in a shoe box if you don't want them loose. Make the stones easy to get to with no fuss & you'll use them more often.
missbelladonna

Post by missbelladonna »

The box idea is great! I think I'll be on the lookout for one next time I go out!

I also think it's super cool that you've incorporated crystals everywhere in your home. Something I want to do when I get my own place is make a big crystal grid with the pieces scattered across the entire space and a big generator stone in the center.

Your house sounds so peaceful SpiritTalker :) Every time I hear about it I can imagine the coziness!
"Keep your heels, head, and standards high." -Coco Chanel
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I have some stored in shoe boxes but that is mostly bulk ones purchased at gem shows with the idea I would make stuff with them.
The more beautiful or large ones are in various places around the house, yard and car.
I do have a really nice large flat wooden box with a hinged lid my husband made with dividers inside it holds about 100 stones, but there is more than that in there. I put the collectible ones in there.
Then I have several baskets or wooden bowls. The more heavy duty baskets have the bigger stones in them, the smaller baskets and bowls have the smaller stones.
These ones I use the most and one of the baskets is more of a divination system, a bit of daily guidance depending on which stone is chosen. There are tumbled and natural stones and a few other things like acorns, pearls, shells and a few small ceramic and metal symbols. I'll close my eyes and stick my hand in there and see which one seems to stick. Depending on its shape, color and markings I get a pretty good feel to the day or situation.
I've been collecting since I was about 5 and still have my first group of polished stones and a chunk of obsidian my aunt gave me. Lol, she started it!
have fun with them they do bring a lot of joy :D
BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”