Polished or natural

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
Moon Petal

Polished or natural

Post by Moon Petal »

Which do you prefer?

I personally prefer polished because I like the feeling of a smooth surface in my hands.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Polished or natural

Post by SpiritTalker »

I have a mix of both - my main working pieces are a polished gazing sphere & a raw generator point. A bunch of shungite both rough & polished, as the rough one's are used for water purification & the polished one's are small spheres for handling. I prefer stroking stones that fit the palm of my hand. My go-to jasper stroking stone is smoothed but not polished. So it depends on what I'm doing with 'em.

Edit: I've dubbed the generator point "PJ" for Pride & Joy. I've only ever named 1 other, another point but with a rainbow, I call "Chuckles" bcs it makes me laugh.
evil ed

Post by evil ed »

I do more with unpolished than I do with polished. My go-to stone is "The Beast" which is a 10.5 lb. smoky rutilated quartz. I also have a 7.5 lb piece of "super seven" that has all 7 minerals in it. I also like to use rough crystals for scrying.
By the prickling of my thumbs,
something Wiccan this way comes!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I'm with Ed, natural stones are amazing, I have several stones that have mutiple dimensions and layers best viewed in the sunlight where you can see all their tiny intricacies far down into the stone. Ha! Ed...would love to see the "beast" up close, must be lovely. Tumbled stones are okay too I certainly have bunches and bunches of them. (Say, what do you call a group of rocks? A heard?, pod, covey, stand., swarm?) They have their benefits as well I believe the energy of the stone is there whether it's been polished or not.
Bb, Rockbird !
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”