Accidentally charged stones?

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
thegoodwitch

Accidentally charged stones?

Post by thegoodwitch »

Hi there,

This all happened months ago, but I’ve only found the time and place to post about it now.

I have a collection of gems and stones of which I’ve never used in my craft before. I’ve had them since childhood, if that’s relevant at all, as I’ve always been infatuated with rocks and earth materials. Earlier this year my little boy passed away in the middle of the night (I’m speaking of my cat, Simon), and over his grave I placed a stump, which I covered in those stones. Months later, when the poppy seeds my father sprinkled over the spot had grown insane amounts - I went to retrieve the gems for a spell (hopefully this doesn’t seem too morbid or hasty, they’d fallen and scattered across the ground anyway). When I reached down, I found the poppy plant was covered in ladybugs. COVERED. They got all over my hands. I felt all very tingly and light while doing it and swear once I’d collected them I could feel an intense energy from their touch.

What are your thoughts on this experience? It seems much more mild looking back on it now, but I do still wonder if I’d somehow charged them, or accidentally completed a ritual. (I have no control over my magik, as talked about in another thread, if that too is relevant)

I hope you’re all well, thanks for listening in
Blessed be
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Accidentally charged stones?

Post by SpiritTalker »

My sympathies on your kitty's passing. Your description seems like a loving tribute. Intense emotions convey energy & stones can absorb it. IMO there would have had to have been an intent formed for "charging" ... So, maybe "activation" would be the better word.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accidentally charged stones?

Post by Firebird »

RIP Simon :(
The stones may have been charging the lady bugs, but they were likely there because of the location or the stump. The energy you felt was the lady bug frenzy, they re-group at the end of the year to mate and hibernate. Here is an interesting article. https://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/anima ... ive-swarms
bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”