I got a selenite crystal!!

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
Kovyx

I got a selenite crystal!!

Post by Kovyx »

it's from Naica cave, the one with all the super huge pillars of selenite that i was all excited about

http://i.imgur.com/BR2h3Pk.jpg

there's an unboxing video coming up, just waiting for it to finish uploading, but in the meantime! what do you all know about selenite? I've been reading a bit about it, but I want to know your own ideas and experiences. How should I care for it? Do you think it'd be better to charge with moonlight or sunlight? What do you think it'd best be used for? Do you think there might potentially be something special about this crystal in particular because of where it's from?

Also I got a little calcite for free with my selenite, which was nice~ anyone know anything about calcite too?

-edit-
Here's that unboxing video!
https://youtu.be/jlmCKX59skk
"So basically, it's do your job or get vaporized?" -- Commander Shepard, Mass Effect 2
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: i got a selenite crystal!!

Post by SpiritTalker »

Hi...I watched the un-boxing, and vicariously shared the excitement. Nii-iiice crystal. I find selenite has uplifting, clean energy so I use it to clear other stones, & keep some by my quartz generator point to keep it positive, and have small bars of selenite on the window sills of my meditation area to keep the area clear of crappy energy. It also energizes where it is placed.

Your piece just invites you to view through it, so could work for scrying, don't ya think? Holding it and simply looking at it could be interesting. I'd love to play with it myself. :). Because it's a flat surface, it could be a charging plate as well.

It's a soft stone, composed of layers. It can be scratched and is affected by water, so don't leave it laying in water as it gets softer. It looks so much like moonlight that it seem natural to use moon energy...but sunlite won't hurt it. It is self- cleansing so no salt baths please!

It is a link to the cave where it came from.
Shawn Blackwolf
Banned Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

I watched your video. I am glad you got your crystal...:)

Now , here is what I know. First, though, I shall tell you, I just held my 9 inch long unicorn horn shaped selenite crystal before posting this to you, which was a gift to me.
It is a beautiful spiral, which I have used as a *Moon* wand. That is what selenite is specifically aligned with, is moon energy,
*psychic* communication, *intuition*, and it is used with other stone, such as labadorite, in working with the Faery Realm.

Spirit Talker's suggestion of scrying, could be applied during a full moon. And *that* is how to charge selenite...in full moonlight.
It is a fragile mineral...be careful.

Looking at yours, I would put it on one of those small plate or book stands, with access to moonlight through a window. Be sure it is stable.

Either that, or create a *moon* altar, with all corresponding forces of the moon, such as water charged with moonlight, silver chalice, moon card of Tarot, etc. You could have someone create a frame for a round mirror, and an altar shelf attached to it, for your selenite, and other moon items. You could place it on an altar, with Faery statuary around it, like a lake, or pond.
Think of where it grew...in water...( not tap water )... What is water associated with, on all levels, including emotionally and magically ? Thus, could you use the selenite, in healing emotions, and aiding intuition ?

Enjoy your new treasure...and listen to it , in the moonlight...;)
Kovyx

Post by Kovyx »

SpiritTalker wrote:Your piece just invites you to view through it, so could work for scrying, don't ya think? Holding it and simply looking at it could be interesting. I'd love to play with it myself. :). Because it's a flat surface, it could be a charging plate as well.

It is a link to the cave where it came from.
i will keep all that information in mind, thanks Spirit! but, what is scrying? : o

also thank you Shawn for all that, that's really interesting :3
"So basically, it's do your job or get vaporized?" -- Commander Shepard, Mass Effect 2
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Scrying is another term for divination by crystal gazing. If those are unfamiliar terms, think of gypsy fortune tellers.
Kovyx

Post by Kovyx »

Oohh, hehe. I could try that, I wonder what I'd find. It does definitely look like a portal to something XD
Last edited by YanaKhan on Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please pay attention to capitalization and punctuation when posting! Thank you!
Shawn Blackwolf
Banned Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

Actually , "scrying" is a term , very old , for accessing information
by gazing into any reflective surface , whether crystal , as in a ball ,
or flat surface , as well , mirrors , specially prepared...

https://witchesofthecraft.com/2012/06/0 ... ck-mirror/

Katlyn was known for her mermaid art , her collectors pagan "dolls" and figures ,
her work with the Faery for years as a priestess , author of a number of books ,
a "high priestess" of the rave movement , and a fire dancer , and promoter of events...

If you want to know about scrying...read her book...whether mirrors , or crystals ,
the same "basic" principles , and "laws" apply...;)
Katrinkah

Re: I got a selenite crystal!!

Post by Katrinkah »

Beautiful!
Kovyx

Post by Kovyx »

Yes it is, Katrinkah *--* i will relay your admiration to it XD thanks~

Also, Shawn, that's super cool o-o like dang I could really get into that, thanks man!
Last edited by YanaKhan on Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please pay attention to capitalization and punctuation when posting! Thank you!
Kovyx

Post by Kovyx »

So this morning I got to meditate with it, and holy heck it was amazing.

I asked it to show me just a glimpse of what I could learn from it, so as not to overload my mind if it was too much, then played some soft ambience and let it lead me. I know selenite is a very protective and 'angelic' stone, so I didn't think I'd need to worry about it showing me something bad. thankfully I was right, I believe, though I did still have on some jasper/soapstone beads my friend gave me, and a clear quarts necklace. I was able to zone out very well and very quickly, and the first thing i saw was the procession of chemical reactions in space. A massive star exploding, then our small star forming among the radius of it shortly after, and the other planets in our star system coming together with it.

I believe this crystal has a lot to teach me.
Last edited by YanaKhan on Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”