Petrified Wood

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
AzothPendragon

Petrified Wood

Post by AzothPendragon »

I was given petrified wood by a rock hounder in Tucson, Arizona, USA.

I have found it to be incredibly grounding, really good for us Vata types that can be really "head-in-the-clouds" types. I like it's intense density, weight, and ancient feel.

I usually hold it close to my body just below my navel, when I feel the need for grounding.
Ivy

Re: Petrified Wood

Post by Ivy »

I have a beautiful snake carved petrified wood carving, a bit to heavy to hold much but it is very grounding I agree :)
Becks

Post by Becks »

Sounds lovely.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

It is rather unusual, I am into carved snakes and have a few around to keep me safe :)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I love petrified wood. My first piece was from Az.
My Aunt gave it to me when I was about 7 years old, along with a carnelian, a bloodstone and a baseball size chunk of obsidian. The incredible thing is I still have these stones, haha...even after the obsidian had been in an aquarium. ..I reclaimed it when I moved out of my parents house.
A couple years ago I was scrounging in my favorite creek bed and found a very large wedge of petrified wood...it's kinda pie slice shape like maybe a fifth of a full trunk or branch. The thing is I have never heard of this area being known for petrified wood, but it is well known for the crystal formations. Which is what I was really looking for. I have found it to be a very comfortable and grounding stone....might be a bit heavy for the belly though :wink:

Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

AzothPendragon wrote:I was given petrified wood...I have found it to be incredibly grounding...I like it's intense density, weight, and ancient feel. I usually hold it close to my body just below my navel, when I feel the need for grounding.
Interesting, I had the same experience, and found it does seem to correspond to my solar plexus energy (maybe cause my petrified wood is yellow?), which is a little higher up than what you're talking about, but still the same area of the body generally-speaking. Very grounding and empowering, and yeah, that "ancient" feel to it, authoritative and wise.

SilverWort

Post by SilverWort »

AzothPendragon wrote:I was given petrified wood by a rock hounder in Tucson, Arizona, USA.

I have found it to be incredibly grounding, really good for us Vata types that can be really "head-in-the-clouds" types. I like it's intense density, weight, and ancient feel.

I usually hold it close to my body just below my navel, when I feel the need for grounding.
I want to see pictures.
Ivy wrote:It is rather unusual, I am into carved snakes and have a few around to keep me safe :)
I like snakes too, this one is special to me:

Kassandra wrote:
AzothPendragon wrote:I was given petrified wood...I have found it to be incredibly grounding...I like it's intense density, weight, and ancient feel. I usually hold it close to my body just below my navel, when I feel the need for grounding.
Interesting, I had the same experience, and found it does seem to correspond to my solar plexus energy (maybe cause my petrified wood is yellow?), which is a little higher up than what you're talking about, but still the same area of the body generally-speaking. Very grounding and empowering, and yeah, that "ancient" feel to it, authoritative and wise.
From my experience, I have three bags for training full of beans, stones and steel balls, and some wood canes and metal pipe. My feelings are totally different from one to another. You can identify dominant energy when hitting the bag or hitting yourself with canes and pipe.

Beans and wood are soft and warm, very pleasant to hit them with your body, may be connected to solar plexus. Stones are cold, is like hitting an ice block, I can feel cold going up, connected to lower Dan-Tien or navel chakra. Steel and metal pipe is less cold than stone, less warm than wood.

So petrified wood, by your comments, is like a mix of stone and wood, warm and cold, varies by person or by piece.

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”