Amethyst Flood: When Too Many is Just Enough

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
Silversong
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow (if the rainbow is in Oregon)

Amethyst Flood: When Too Many is Just Enough

Post by Silversong »

I knew there was a reason.

So, some of you may know that a few years back, I received an overwhelming number of amethysts. (Obviously, it wasn't overwhelming at the time, but as I've acquired other crystals, I've begun to run out of shelf space due to the sheer quantity of amethysts I have.) The number ended out to be an even dozen of them: ten raw crystals, and two tumbled. For a while now, I've been silently (and jokingly) complaining about having too many amethysts. A few months back, I started wondering if I'd been sent all those amethysts for a reason. A couple of weeks ago, when I rediscovered those two tumbled stones ("oh, joy, MORE amethysts, because I didn't have enough of those") I really started thinking that was a possibility. I'm fairly sure now that that was the case, and here's why.

A couple months ago, my near-and-dear friend Flame was having major problems sleeping due to precognitive dreams she was having - seeing things happening a few days/weeks before they happened. Normally, that would be cool, but since it got so severe it started seriously interfering with her sleep, I hunted through my Crystal Bible and, surprise surprise, found that a really good stone for sleep caused by an overactive mind AND for helping accept and settle psychic gifts is, you guessed it: amethyst. Not only that, but there was a weird little tidbit in there I thought was extremely interesting: Amethyst is good for helping one accept, bond to, and connect to the Divine. Now, here's where things get really weird. Not two days before I discovered this, Flame had been talking about her father (the local Lutheran pastor, much to her chagrin) and his faith and how sick and tired she was of religion, Christianity in particular, and had mentioned that she really didn't feel any connection to God, and felt absolutely nothing when she prayed or was in church. I didn't really say much to that - what does one say to that? - but someone saved the note to Long-Term Memory, and when I read the thing on amethyst in The Crystal Bible, it sparked the memory. I made her an amethyst pendant with silver wire, which she has strung on a silver chain. She wears it constantly, especially while she's sleeping, and finds it helps enormously - the few times she's taken it off for martial arts and forgotten to put it back on before bed, her sleep/dream problem immediately came back and she was dead tired the next morning. I was happy to be able to help, but I didn't think much of it.

Now, for the last couple of days, my other near-and-dear friend Red has been extremely stressed, to the point of migraines. Unable to help and only able to try and help take the repercussions of her stress-snaps for a little while to give her a chance to recover, she mentioned that she "really needs to get a stress-relieving crystal." I, being the crystal buff, went through the Crystal Bible again.
What do I find?
Amethyst.
It again perfectly suited her needs in all characteristics, not the least of which being the quantity I have. I immediately ran it by her, and she agreed, and I went up to my section of dresser top set aside for crystals and ran my fingers over some of the amethysts. Instantly, I knew that that one was the one that wanted to be used for Red. I snatched it up, wire-wrapped it how it asked to be wrapped, and the securing glue is drying as I write this.

So I'm thinking that this amethyst flood I was sent several years ago was for a very good reason, that the universe knew that I would need all these amethysts at some point in the future and it saw an opportunity to get them to me and did its magick and boom-bada-boom: I'm swamped with pretty purple crystals. For a time, it was an annoyance. Now? They're starting to be a lifeline for me, and I'm finding them very helpful.

Food for thought.

Bright blessings.
Becks

Re: Amethyst Flood: When Too Many is Just Enough

Post by Becks »

How wonderful that you can help out some friends in need.
evil ed

Post by evil ed »

As I've said before, we don't choose them, they choose us. Sometimes we are not the end of their journey, but the vehicle they have chosen to get to where they need to go :) !

Silver, Do you have any citrine? If not, the next time you are having an old fashioned wood fire (outdoor bonfire or indoor fireplace), place one of your amethyst (not your favorite) in the red hot coals. Let it stay there until the ashes are cold. The amethyst will turn yellow and be transmutated to citrine.

E.E.
By the prickling of my thumbs,
something Wiccan this way comes!
Becks

Post by Becks »

Wow. Now that's a gem of a tip. I have never heard of that. Very cool Ed. I would think more time, and heat would be needed then a campfire. I'm so delighted to hear this.
evil ed

Post by evil ed »

Nope, a simple campfire or wood fireplace will do the trick. Don't take it out until the ashes are cool so it doesn't get temperature shock and the crystals separate ( if they were in a cluster). Even if they do separate, you have a bunch of neat citrine points to work with!
When you do this, throw a couple pieces of regular (golden) tiger's eye in there too, If you have extras. It will "transmutate" (I do prefer the alchemical phrases :mrgreen: ) to RED tiger's eye.
E.E.
By the prickling of my thumbs,
something Wiccan this way comes!
Becks

Post by Becks »

smiley_dance That is so cool! The implications for spell and personal work are quite amazing. Thank you Ed!
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

I did NOT know this about the stones in fire. .. Very cool!

Silversong.. You have a gift :).
You're the home for foster crystals. Hehe. That's quite beautiful.

And ugh I feel your friend's pain. I have a big amethyst piece beside my bed for this exact reason. When I want to do dream work or think I need to see something important. I slide the amethyst to the side and pull my labradorite and spirit Quartz closer. I also have small herb bags I use for various dream work. .. Or when I need to sleep through with a clean mind.
Silversong
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow (if the rainbow is in Oregon)

Post by Silversong »

@Ed: Thanks for the tips! I may have to try that sometime with the amethyst. I could see that being used for a spell for change... hrm. Hm-de-hm-de-hm.

@mrsdavid: Thank you for making me almost spew grapes all over my monitor XD (I have a gift for taking a bite of food or a mouthful of drink immediately before reading the funniest line on my screen so I continually have to save myself from soaking my monitor as well.) Honestly, I think that may be the case.
...And thanks for setting my muse off. (Carella, get back here. No. No, we have other things to be doing - Carella! And she's gone. *sigh* We'll be doing that for the next few days. XD)

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”