CAUTIONS ON CRYSTALS, ELIXIRS, POTIONS, ETC.

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
Kassandra

CAUTIONS ON CRYSTALS, ELIXIRS, POTIONS, ETC.

Post by Kassandra »

Here are some general thoughts on safety and dosage which I was inspired to write about after reading a post this morning
viewtopic.php?f=77&t=25808
potion-potection-t25808

Safety Note:

The first thing that pops into my mind about elixirs is safety, so I first wanted to mention this for safety's sake:

It's not advisable to put random crystals into water and drink it as an "elixir." Some stones have toxic properties that are released in the water, and could make a person sick. Examples are sulphur, arsenic, copper, zinc, barium, lead, rust, etc...you don't want to drink this stuff. The best thing is to consult a minerologist when making an elixir. I have seen inaccurate information get copied from one website to another on the internet, so I don't advise trusting any of it for very important things, like your health. But just to get an example of stones known to be toxic, at minimum do a Google search: https://www.google.com/#q=toxic+crystal+elixirs.

Also, here is an informative post by EUTM member, Isis3Anubis, on this topic: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=26569
gemstones-avoid-elixirs-and-potions-t26569.

crystal elixirs.jpg
Homemade crystal elixirs. Stones have toxic properties, so work with
a minerologist, or someone who is experienced with making elixirs.
While the thought of making them is a wonderfully romantic idea, be
smart about it.

crystal elixir on Flower of Life grid.jpg
crystal elixir on Flower of Life grid.jpg (10.45 KiB) Viewed 18654 times
Elixir combined with a grid of healing stones,
on a Flower of Life grid design, both intended
to amplify the elixir's efficacy.

Options to Elixirs:

Herbs and crystals do not need to be ingested to have an energetic effect on us. Just their presence on or near us is enough to affect us energetically. Rather than drinking elixirs/potions, a safer way to experience the beneficial effects of crystals is to just wear them somehow: as jewelry, or in stone holder pendants, tucked in a pocket or bra --the possibilities are endless. Also, a common practice with medicine bags (Native American) and mojo bags (hoodoo) are to include herbs and petition papers with the stones. There are many options.

Another safer option is to combine the stones and herbs into a "carrier," such as almond oil, to make a magical oil (it's probably good to add a drop or two of vitamin E as a natural preservative, otherwise the oil may turn rancid). Since the principle here is that these things don't need to be ingested to be energetically effective, the magical oil could be used in a number of ways. For example, it could be used to anoint a protective amulet (like a bindrune pendant, for example) to amplify your intention and its magical quality. It could be used to anoint the doors and windows of a room or house for a protective working, and so on.

Determining Dosage:

In regard to determining the dosage of an elixir, each person's energetic "chemistry" (and here, I'm referring to both subtle and physical energies) is different. It would be difficult for someone to tell you to take it 3 times a day versus 1 time a day, because what works for their chemistry may not work for yours. Different stones have very different energetic effects on different people. For instance, while I find being around black tourmaline, obsidian or onyx stones soothing and grounding, an acquaintance of mine finds both of them too "negative" for her energy field, and prefers the energetically "lighter" hematite stone for grounding needs (and hematite does nothing for me, lol). So it might be safest for you to just determine a dosage on your own, starting small, then building up or decreasing, as needed.

I have discovered that body-testing (kinesiology) things before using them is helpful. This might be good to do with any stones before making elixirs out of them. I have had things sound really good in my head (to buy, to do, etc.), only to have my body say “no way, we’re not havin’ that,” for whatever reason. lol If I buy or do the thing anyway, it fails. And the opposite has happened, something that in my head I wasn't really crazy about, my body has said, "that's what would work," and when I try it, it increases my health. So, I have learned the hard way to respect and take into consideration what my body says when making decisions, and one of it not the most direct way to determine what your body says about something is via "body testing."

Anyway, after selecting stones for an elixir, clearing that they are safe to use, I would then carefully observe my own energy after drinking the elixir to determine my dosage. When I feel grounded, yet with an uplifted, balanced energy, then I would think I found the correct dosage. If I feel totally spacey and disoriented, then I would adjust down, or just quit drinking it altogether and start again with a very small dose, or just change recipes altogether. Again, I’d let my body do the talking.

I would especially watch the body's energy just prior to its moon time. Our (female) bodies go through major hormonal shifts then, and a crystal elixir may or may not be too overwhelming at that time --again, it depends on one's body chemistry, as well as one's environment, frame of mind, etc.

Enjoy. :wink:

AzothPendragon

Re: CAUTIONS ON CRYSTALS, ELIXIRS, POTIONS, ETC.

Post by AzothPendragon »

Great post. Another thing people can do to make a crystal elixir is put the glass of water near the crystal, without the water touching the stone. Even better to have crystals surrounding the glass of water.

This way the crystals can energize the water without toxifying it in any way.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

AzothPendragon wrote:Great post. Another thing people can do to make a crystal elixir is put the glass of water near the crystal, without the water touching the stone. Even better to have crystals surrounding the glass of water.

Thanks for your feedback, AzothPendragon. Yes, I think that's the idea with the flower of life set-up in the pic above. I've also seen arrangements where the terminations of the crystals were "aimed" directly at a central water source.

SilverWort

Post by SilverWort »

Kassandra wrote:It's not advisable to put random crystals into water and drink it as an "elixir." Some stones have toxic properties that are released in the water, and could make a person sick. Examples are sulphur, arsenic, copper, zinc, barium, lead, rust, etc...you don't want to drink this stuff. The best thing is to consult a minerologist when making an elixir. I have seen inaccurate information get copied from one website to another on the internet, so I don't advise trusting any of it for very important things, like your health. But just to get an example of stones known to be toxic, at minimum do a Google search: https://www.google.com/#q=toxic+crystal+elixirs.
Or consult an Alchemist, they can transform poison into medicine, in some paths cinnabar (mercury, a deadly poison) is the raw material of Philosopher’s Lapis. They transmute it into the best medicine, more precious than gold.

Mineral elixirs are not joke, made by an expert hand are the most powerful remedies that I know, made by a beginner are very dangerous.
AzothPendragon wrote:Great post. Another thing people can do to make a crystal elixir is put the glass of water near the crystal, without the water touching the stone. Even better to have crystals surrounding the glass of water.

If stones are not touching water, it's still an elixir?
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

SilverWort wrote:Or consult an Alchemist...Mineral elixirs are not joke, made by an expert hand are the most powerful remedies that I know
It really is an under-utilized technology. I wish people who know how to make them properly were more readily available. Honestly, I know of all kinds of people in metaphysics, but I don't think I've ever personally met anyone good with elixirs, or at least, if I did they didn't mention it. I would like to do this regularly. I guess the next best thing is smoothies. Those I could do! lol

SilverWort wrote:If stones are not touching water, it's still an elixir?
That's really a good question.

Hmm, I think I'm going to vote that it still is. Reason why I'm voting yes is because I think of Masaru Emoto's work, how just praying over, or taping certain words on a water container, actually changes the structure of the water molecules, for better or worse, depending on the intention behind the written or spoken words. The force of the intention seems to emanate some kind of (scalar?) waves into the water (this is an explanation better left for Emoto, or Greg Braden, not me, lol). But I understand the concept, that thoughts are things, things that affect water. In Emoto's experiments, the thought forms of words have an effect, no matter what language was used. Loving words seemed to form the crystals into visually-attractive designs, while hateful words seemed to actually deform the crystals.

So, it would seem to me that the vibrations coming crystals surrounding a glass of water, even if not touching the water, still affect the water molecules. I mean, I could feel the vibrations of the different crystals just with the palms of my hands, and I'm only 70% water. Real water probably "senses" the vibrations even more powerfully.

What's your opinion on this question?

Thx

SilverWort

Post by SilverWort »

Kassandra wrote: It really is an under-utilized technology. I wish people who know how to make them properly were more readily available. Honestly, I know of all kinds of people in metaphysics, but I don't think I've ever personally met anyone good with elixirs, or at least, if I did they didn't mention it. I would like to do this regularly. I guess the next best thing is smoothies. Those I could do! lol
The only one I meet is dead right now, old school alchemist, weird and solitary man. Alchemists have no obligation to share their remedies with people. If I can find one "common man" alchemist ...

I tried to make herbs elixirs, it's called "spagyria", is like herbal alchemy (it's not alchemy), pretty popular in old Al-Andalus. Powerful remedies, tricky process to obtain them (you need a good fire to obtain Salt of the Tartar).

Smoothies, yes. I take like 1/2 kg of fruit and 1/2 kg of veggies in smoothies every day. More than a remedy, they are part of a healthy diet. If you take them often, you don't need medicines.

Kassandra wrote: That's really a good question.

Hmm, I think I'm going to vote that it still is. Reason why I'm voting yes is because I think of Masaru Emoto's work, how just praying over, or taping certain words on a water container, actually changes the structure of the water molecules, for better or worse, depending on the intention behind the written or spoken words. The force of the intention seems to emanate some kind of (scalar?) waves into the water (this is an explanation better left for Emoto, or Greg Braden, not me, lol). But I understand the concept, that thoughts are things, things that affect water.
Yeah, know Masaru Emoto's works, it really surprise me when I saw documentary. I'm sure is possible to transmit some attributes to water without touching it, even change its PH just meditating, but it still contains nothing but water, so technically is not an elixir, I'm not saying it's not useful, just don't meet elixir requirements.

Kassandra wrote:In Emoto's experiments, the thought forms of words have an effect, no matter what language was used. Loving words seemed to form the crystals into visually-attractive designs, while hateful words seemed to actually deform the crystals.
Of course, language doesn't matter, your are working with archetypes, they are absolutely universal.

Kassandra wrote:So, it would seem to me that the vibrations coming crystals surrounding a glass of water, even if not touching the water, still affect the water molecules. I mean, I could feel the vibrations of the different crystals just with the palms of my hands, and I'm only 70% water. Real water probably "senses" the vibrations even more powerfully
Crystals have energy, stones have energy, sand, dirt, water, wood, even raw ores have energy, they are all alive, just like you.
Silvana

Post by Silvana »

Question:

I have 100 small semiprecious stones, crystals, and some normal type of rocks from a magazine collection I bought. They're all kept in a small box and each box goes in a bigger storing box. (I have 5 big boxes with 20 little boxes)

It is recommended to keep them all in one place? (They are currently all placed in an event bigger cardboard box because I need to re-arrange my space)

What I'm asking is: would the stones energy mix somehow creating a bad vibe?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I feel meteorites & tektites clash with Boji stones, magnetite or magnetic hematite. I killed a Boji stone by leaving it on a quartz cluster in the sun. Boji drained and turned from rusty brown to chalky tan, & lost magnetism :cry: . Stones of colored quartz left for prolonged time in sun can fade, such as rose or amethyst. It doesn't hurt to keep them together. After all, they are together in the earth. I think this is why meteorites, which are not earth stones, and earthy magnetic stones seem to clash.
Silvana

Post by Silvana »

Thank you for the words of advice.

I'm sorry to hear about your stones. :( I didn't know this could happen either. But I appreciate you sharing your experience, I am sure others will learn too.

All my stones are safely placed in the little boxes, and larger one and labeled. As they came with the magazine.

I believe you are right, I should keep them so and not worry.
Thanks again! *smiles*
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

I like the post, Kassandra. If I would add anything I would emphasis the concept of coherence, the harmonizing of energy.

Water with water, fire with fire.. that sort of thing. :)
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Good point.

TheKlabautermann

Post by TheKlabautermann »

Essences or elixirs are my main healing tool. Due to the poisonous nature of some plants and gemstones, I use my written intent method, or use a photo.
Vortunfir1988
Banned Member

Post by Vortunfir1988 »

It is well-known that many people are using different forms of CBD products. There are some people who have been using CBD oil for years, while others are just discovering its benefits. One thing that cannot be stressed enough is the importance of knowing what you’re putting into your body when taking any kind of supplement or medicine. That way, you can avoid potential side effects and make sure that it does not harm you while improving your health overall.
stormofwind

Post by stormofwind »

Interesting a person I knew made a grid and repelled her cousin and made him sick..

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”