Washing Crystals and Stones?

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
Listener

Washing Crystals and Stones?

Post by Listener »

Are there any particular ways to wash your crystals and stones? I would like to wash mine but I don't want to risk ruining any of them.

Blessed be,
Listener
moonlitchou

Re: Washing Crystals and Stones?

Post by moonlitchou »

You can run water over them alternating between cold and hot. You can plant bathe by sticking them in branches, leaves, or on the dirt by any plant life. You can salt rinse by pouring a half inch of salt into a bowl and stick them in there. You can also sun and moon bathe them. I think you can even run them through incense smoke.

But note, some can't be in water and some are advised not to be left out in the sun.

I can look later and post more specifics.
Falcon_Heart27

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

My great-grandmother always told me to run my quartz point under cold water at least once a week and envision all the bad energies and gunk rinsing off/out and down the drain. I guess that must be a good method-- she's a certified Reiki healer.

~Falcon
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

I hope you like cute info-graphics. :)
Source: http://ivajewel.com/2015/05/05/how-to-c ... elry-tips/
Listener

Post by Listener »

Thank you all for the answers! I plan on using several of these methods soon. :)

Blessed Be,
Listener
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Beware of using hot water. I had a celestite crack in hot water. Cool or Luke warm is safe. Do NOT expose selenite to water as it erodes, and angelite will fade if left sitting in water. so will turquoise or any of the chalk base stones. they can take a quick dip.
Listener

Post by Listener »

SpiritTalker wrote:Beware of using hot water. I had a celestite crack in hot water. Cool or Luke warm is safe. Do NOT expose selenite to water as it erodes, and angelite will fade if left sitting in water. so will turquoise or any of the chalk base stones. they can take a quick dip.
I'm very glad that you said that! I got a very beautiful celestite somewhat recently, and I would be pretty upset if it were to crack. Thank you!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Yeah, our crystals were formed in extreme heat, but once they cooled, their chemical structure changed into the beautiful stones we cherish. And now they live in the cooler temps. I was devastated when my celestite crackled all the way through what had been a clear cluster. It didn't break, but well...sigh. Live & learn.

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”