Storing of stones

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
Ravenstar

Storing of stones

Post by Ravenstar »

Can you store stones out in the open, what if they are different properties will they drain each other, I have heard you are suppose to store them separately but that's a lot of bags. Blessings.
hayal

Re: storing of stones

Post by hayal »

Well, I keep all of mine in a wooden jewellery box. I haven't felt a difference in their energies.

Blessed be.
)m00nLit 0wL(
Siona

Post by Siona »

It's another one of those topics different people have different beliefs about. A friend of mine has a very nice collection box, made of wood and glass on the top so you can see in, and wooden dividers inside the box, with each stone in it's own little section. (Hopefully I'm explaining that well enough.) She's got a large collection so it helps her to stay organized so she doesn't have to go digging for the stone she wants. They're all divided, but still in the same box, but it works for her? Personally, I don't have many stones that I work with, and I do just put them all into the same box mixed together, and it's never been an issue for me. You can leave them in the open, too, like on an altar or something, or even just on a shelf. Whatever works best for you.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I've never kept stones separated. My former miner friend wasn't into the metaphysical properties of rocks and minerals, but he kept his specimens in labeled containers for ease of identification. A nice compartmentalized container, with names and properties listed could be both attractive and useful.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Ravenstar

Post by Ravenstar »

Thank you. Blessings.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I keep most of my stones together with no issues. The exceptions are Boji stones and meteorites. I keep these in cloth bags separate from EACH OTHER because their energies clash. Boji is strong earth energy and meteorites are from out There elsewhere. Also, magnetic stones keep charged when in contact with iron so I just stick them to a cauldron. It powers up the pot too.

Other than magnets, I don't store in metal containers because this can effect the polarity of a stone's energy signature. However, holding it in cool moving water will restore polarity. So I use wood or cardboard. For display, I stand crystal points up in tea cups filled with mint (purify), lavender (peace) and rose petals (love), and that way the stones are ready to use when I need them, and smell great. I put some herb mix in their storage box too, with just a few grains of coarse salt.
frozenlight

Post by frozenlight »

I keep all mine in clear craft boxes. Honestly sometimes when I am going through them I feel like taking certain ones out for a time, but after they are fine to go back in. Most of my crystals are cleansed on my big Amethyst cluster tea light holder. I want a Citrine one next :lol:

My exception? I have a Tourmalinated Quartz point I intend to use for my return to Crystal work, and a Black Torumaline slice I intend to use for Scrying. I also keep my Blue Lace Agate pendulum in a pouch in the same place as the BT slice. I suppose I do this because all the energies I intend to use them for is with divination for my Self and for healing others. I want them seperate. Hope that makes sense.

Love, light and peace,
FL
Does anyone know where I can score some chronic mugwort?
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

I've always kept mine together. No issues so far.

:flyingwitch:
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
crescent

Re: Storing of stones

Post by crescent »

I keep mine in bags mainly so they don't scratch each other, but also because I'm compulsive like that, that go into glass jars. Being near selenite is supposed to cleanse them, but it's part of the collection, so no effort made there. The tumbled stones free range in an indoor fountain.
Listener

Post by Listener »

I keep all of mine in one area. Most of mine are in one box, and the ones that don't fit in the box stay in mugs beside it. I haven't had any issues with mine so far, either.
Ethereal Moon Rose

Post by Ethereal Moon Rose »

I keep mine all together in an apothecary-style jar. No problems so far. Although my big selenite heart lives on my bedside.
BlessedbyHecate

Post by BlessedbyHecate »

I keep some in velvet pouches, some in a very beautifull wooden box with seperated spaces and some in the open because they are "at work".
If you have small chips or just tiny stones try a plastic storage box, the one jewelry makers use for beads.
Those mint candy boxes are great too for loose crystal beads.
Blessed be by Hecate!
GinAndApple

Post by GinAndApple »

I saw this on pinterest as a way of storing crystals. I'm sure after the festive season people have plenty of these lying around
Attachments
crystal box.jpg
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

GinAndApple wrote:I saw this on pinterest as a way of storing crystals. I'm sure after the festive season people have plenty of these lying around
Genius!

Rosie

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”