Using Candle Magic To Cleanse My Crystals

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
Selena Silverlynx

Using Candle Magic To Cleanse My Crystals

Post by Selena Silverlynx »

Hello,
I had a bit of a problem lately with cleaning my crystals. I can't do a full ritual because it would take a lot of my time, and I'm busy those days. :? To add to this problemo, I have a big amount of crystals. I'm not bragging. (I love crystals, so I buy them every-so-often, and what started as a pouch full became an altar full. :| :? )
I was pondering about this, and then an idea popped into my head concerning candle magic. I can easily buy enough candles to cleanse them, so I've got some questions:
1. Can I use candle magic to cleanse my crystals? I heard candle magic was rather powerful and good.
2. If so, which colour should I use?
3. Concerning putting oils on my candles: Some essential oils are flammable, so I'm wary of putting oils on my candles. Which oils do you recommend which suit a small ritual to cleanse my crystals and are not flammable?
4. Should I let the candle burn through or can I just extinguish it at the end of my ritual?

Thank you!
BB,
Selena Silverlynx
Why are black cats associated with witches?
Because black is an awesome colour, cats are awesome, and so are witches. People are actually linking awesomeness to awesomeness to awesomeness. ;)
Isis3Anubis

Re: Using Candle Magic To Cleanse My Crystals

Post by Isis3Anubis »

I don't know about not doing ritual but don't feel like my crystals are cleansed unless I use all four elements to cleanse them using magick. Most purifying I do in a pinch is just holding the crystal in your projective hand and imagine white light surrounding and purifying it with your energy as well. If that doesn't work running it under cold/lukewarm water for a few minutes while visualizing the water purifying the crystal should work.
As for essential oils being flammable, I always anoint my candles with oils but always supervise burning candles. I never let burning candles out of my site since I accidently set my carpet on fire with one! White candles usually represent purification.
I also put my small tumblestones that can withstand salt in bowl covering them for three days and then rinse with water quickly.
She's just pieces of me you've never seen ~ Tori Amos
Isis3Anubis

Post by Isis3Anubis »

I don't know about not doing ritual but don't feel like my crystals are cleansed unless I use all four elements to cleanse them using magick. Most purifying I do in a pinch is just holding the crystal in your projective hand and imagine white light surrounding and purifying it with your energy as well. If that doesn't work running it under cold/lukewarm water for a few minutes while visualizing the water purifying the crystal should work.
As for essential oils being flammable, I always anoint my candles with oils but always supervise burning candles. I never let burning candles out of my site since I accidently set my carpet on fire with one! White candles usually represent purification.
I also put my small tumblestones that can withstand salt in bowl covering them for three days and then rinse with water quickly.
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

On a full or waxing moon, at night, I walk down to the beach with whichever crystals I'm working with, and dip them in the ocean.

If you're not near the ocean just dip them in salt water and leave them in the light of a full moon.
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
Selena Silverlynx

Thank you, everybody! :)
Because black is an awesome colour, cats are awesome, and so are witches. People are actually linking awesomeness to awesomeness to awesomeness. ;)
Isis3Anubis

Post by Isis3Anubis »

Also certain stones rust or corrode in salt and salt water such as calcite, selenite, hematite, and magnetite. Also mixed stones that may contain iron rust, I have an azurite mix on a matrix that rusted because I wasn't aware of the other minerals.
Selena Silverlynx

Isis3Anubis wrote:Also certain stones rust or corrode in salt and salt water such as calcite, selenite, hematite, and magnetite. Also mixed stones that may contain iron rust, I have an azurite mix on a matrix that rusted because I wasn't aware of the other minerals.
Thank you for the info! I was wary about putting crystals in salt water. I think I prefer putting them in the moonlight and then burning a white candle.

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”