A couple of questions about ID-ing crystals

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
Maja

Post by Maja »

So... I recently started working with my crystals again. Learned a new way of cleansing, and that you had to programme the crystal. For now I am only working with two (Unakit and Howlit (I'm sorry if that is not the English names for the stones. Since I am Danish I only know the Danish names)).
One thing I missed cleansing and programming the stones, was a ritual of some sort.
How do you do, cleansing and programming your crystals? Some kind of ritual?

Is there a website with pictures of the stones, and their names? I have a lot of crystals I really don't know how to ID them, except uploading photos ;-).

Blessings,
Maja
MistressOfTheMoon

Post by MistressOfTheMoon »

Hi Maja :)

I cleanse my crystals by washing them in running tap water, burying them in salt overnight, and then washing them again with water. When using salt, make sure that you clean it off properly because it can damage your crystals.

To program them, I do a quick cleansing spell along it. With my dominant hand I place the crystal above burning Rosemary and say:

"I cleanse this (name of crystal) from impurities and cast away all negative energies. May it serve its purpose as a tool of (intent), pure and without any malice or evil"

I believe that it will be your intent which matters most when programming a crystal for a specific purpose such as healing, protection, etc. So when you program a crystal, focus strongly on what you want it to do for you.

As for IDing crystals, I have these sites bookmarked :)

http://www.minerals.net/GemStoneMain.aspx

http://www.gemhut.com/gemidx.htm

http://www.gemselect.com/other-info/gemstone-list.php

http://www.quartzpage.de/eyes.html

I hope these can help you!

Blessings.
"For the Spirit lies within."
~ Ada S.
MistressOfTheMoon

Re: A couple of questions about ID-ing crystals

Here is a post I made. Maybe you have some of the stones I have ;) Would love to see your collection too!

45 Crystals With Pictures + Tips To Identify Them

http://www.everythingunderthemoon.net/f ... hp?t=24752
~ Ada S.
Maja

Post by Maja »

Thank you!
I haven't used salt yet.
I've thought about trying burying them in earth.
The cleansing spell sounds interesting :-)! I haven't tried any spells yet, maybe that will be my first. I have a Rhodonite I need to clean and charge.

BTW the Unakite and Howlite has really helped! I cleaned them imagining a clear light surrounding the stone, and then charged it by just telling it what I needed it for.

That is some interesting links;-). I need to take photos of all my crystals, so I can keep track. Otherwise I can't remeber their names after five minutes lol.

Lovely collection you have:-). Thank you again.

Blessings,
Maja
MistressOfTheMoon

Maja wrote:Thank you!
I haven't used salt yet.
I've thought about trying burying them in earth.
The cleansing spell sounds interesting :-)! I haven't tried any spells yet, maybe that will be my first. I have a Rhodonite I need to clean and charge.

BTW the Unakite and Howlite has really helped! I cleaned them imagining a clear light surrounding the stone, and then charged it by just telling it what I needed it for.

That is some interesting links;-). I need to take photos of all my crystals, so I can keep track. Otherwise I can't remeber their names after five minutes lol.

Lovely collection you have:-). Thank you again.

Blessings,
Maja
Oh dear. I thought I had replied to this already! I do apologize for my late response.

Good to know that you were able to find a way to clear your crystals from negativity! I'd say find whichever works for you. If you feel like you need to take photos of them to remember their names, then go ahead ;) I actually ziplocked mine in individual, tiny little bags and labelled them, going over them over a course of days until I memorized their names :D

Thanks dear. I am sure you have a lovely collection as well! Crystals are truly beautiful gifts of earth.
~ Ada S.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Obsolete links removed
Bump

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”