teenage gem?

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
Lorraine

teenage gem?

Post by Lorraine »

I'm wanting to buy a pendant for a 14 year old. Something nice and calming, for the usual teenage troubles and quarrels as well as confidence giving for the usually teenage angst. She's having a tough time at the minute, nothing drastic but you know how girls can be with each other.

I'm think a nice rose quartz, but wondered what you lovely peeps would suggest.
Faerie_witch

teenage gem

Post by Faerie_witch »

Amethyst is usually used for peace, healing, and calming. I like agate also, for power and bravery. I used to carry one with me all the time my freshman and sophomore years of high school.

Hope I help!
:flyingwitch:
raynelae

Re: teenage gem?

Post by raynelae »

Rose quartz and amethyst are both good ideas. I like to wear lapis lazuli..very calming.
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
Lorraine

Post by Lorraine »

thank you so much x

been on ebay and found a little chip bracelet that has rose quartz, amethyst and lapis lazuli ... looks really pretty, so we'll see how she likes it. It'll give her something to think about while I keep my eye out for a suitable stone and pendant.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

From my experience with teenagers, I would say let them pick out their own things, not do it for them. They are undergoing "individuation," and are very particular about everything, especially what they wear! A foray at a local metaphysical shop would be magical to her, I bet, and you would be the coolest person on the Earth for taking her there (especially if you followed up with a trip to have lunch or dinner at her favorite restaurant). And while there, the stone(s) she needs in her life right now will call to her, and she will choose them.

I say, let the child choose her own pendant. :wink:

Lorraine

Post by Lorraine »

thank you for that :) I think you are probably right about letting her chose for herself, we'll have to take a trip and see what we can see.

I've got her the little bracelet as a gift, cheer her up and hopefully get her started thinking about things a bit more positively. I've printed her out a little card with all the nice positive powers of the three stones, sounds so nice and loving I want to wear it myself xx
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

The crystal might choose her too :flyingwitch:

I agree, let the witchlet rummage through the metaphysical store herself... I still remember early visits. When i was in high school there was a store near my bus stop and I derived hours of fun looking at all the treasures.

I remember having sodalite at one point as a teen and tigers eye too. But really anything that resonates with her at the current time will do.

The bracelet sounds lovely. I'm sure she will be thrilled.
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Lorraine wrote:I've got her the little bracelet as a gift, cheer her up and hopefully get her started thinking about things a bit more positively. I've printed her out a little card with all the nice positive powers of the three stones...
So sweet of you. She will never forget that gift, and the perfect time it came into her life. Teens years are tough. A thoughtful gesture like that carries so much weight, and is so memorable. I remember I had a middle school counselor who said such kind things to me, at the perfect times I needed to hear them. I'll never forget her.

-Dark-Moon- wrote:the witchlet
Hahaha, I love that.

-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

It is so true isn't it... Having someone in your life who shows you another way, another set of possibilities for your life.

My mother was extremely encouraging to me, but in offbeat ways. When I studied science, she would suggest I join the circus. Probably a unique concept in parenting. She knew me anyhow - I do still twirl fire as a hobby. Alas I digress.

When i was a witchlet (*grin*) I was fortunate enough to have had a spiritual mother also - a Maori wise woman who 'raised ' me in other spiritual ways. She taught me a lot about crystals too, and helped me to find my place in the world. In return I would cast the runes for her and her friends (not the fulthark) - I used to throw stones for divination a lot then. She was an amazing guide and teacher. These really do come in human form. Never underestimate the power of the Crone :evilwitch:

If not for her sometimes I don't know where I'd be.

It's so wonderful to receive meaningful gifts. I tire of all this plastic garbage.
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

I just now spoke to my oldest daughter who is now 12 about crystals. She finds them fascinating and can feel the energies and wants to learn more about them too. I suggest Amethyst as a gift as its powers are wonderful for healing and comfort.
EbonySunset

Post by EbonySunset »

My mum gave me a piece of amethyst when I was in school and taught me how to meditate with it and feel the energy radiating from it. I was doing my GCSEs at the time so I was feeling stressed and anxious and I believe carrying the amethyst (which I still have today!) helped calm me so I was able to focus on revision and the exams themselves.

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”