New Crystals

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
Azure*Skye

New Crystals

Post by Azure*Skye »

Has anyone aquired new Crystals.?

If so, Please share you experience with them.
How you aquired them. (what made them choose you.)
What you use them for.
What experience has your work brought you.

warm blessings
Azure
being-singular-plural

Post by being-singular-plural »

Hi Azure,

Long time no talk!! It is great to hear from you again. As for your questions, I will have to answer with a resounding "YES." I have acquirede many new stones in the recent months. Why? I am doing more and more crystal healing on friends and clients, as well as learning new crystal techniques. Some of my recent acquistions:

Larimar - I absolutely love these stones from the Dominican. They are such a soft blue and so nurturing--a must have for crystal healing sessions.

Azeztulite - talk about ascending to alternate realities. I do not drive witht his one. I is a special whitish-clear stone that emanates tons of transformative power.

Gaia Stone - A glassy green form of obsidian that formed from the ashes of mount St. helen's. THis stone is very useful for the heart chakra and for drawing more abundace to one's life. I work with it ALOT as it is prbably the best "de-cording" stone I have used to date.

Herderite - I have a small piece of this white stone that is useful for mystics, priests and healers alike- Opens up the crown chakra and allows the presence of divinity to be drawn down at lightening speed.

Tangerine quartz - very rare and pricey! But worht it as it only comes from one small section in Amazona, Brasil. It is not like phantom quartz's where the coloured inclusions are inside the quartz. The tangerine colour is onthe outside. Scientists are baffled and no one knows what the tnageine actually is. I have a huge cluster of it and all I can say is "CREATE!!!"

Well, I have tons more, but I do not want to bore you.

What about you--any new acquistions?

Blaessings,

Chris
LaFiamma
Banned Member

Post by LaFiamma »

being-singular-plural wrote: Tangerine quartz - very rare and pricey! But worht it as it only comes from one small section in Amazona, Brasil. It is not like phantom quartz's where the coloured inclusions are inside the quartz. The tangerine colour is onthe outside. Scientists are baffled and no one knows what the tnageine actually is. I have a huge cluster of it and all I can say is "CREATE!!!"
I know this is an old post, but tangerine quartz is pretty easy to obtain, not all that expensive and the orange stuff on the outside is iron-based, hence the color.
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

I have many stones some are from my mom who was going to throw them away because she "got out of that crap" as she puts it, but i saved them and purafied them. My uncle gave me one very very very lage quarts, it isnt one of the ones with all the branches and things, its just a large ovalish rock broken in half to see the crystal with some other type of menerals incasing it. I also now have a very large amount of Jet, there a little dirty still but i have a fue hand fulls! I am going to make a rune set with them. Thay have a feeling of a little bit of trama but i found then all down the river bed so i think there a little shaken up from that. Once i clean them up i think that felling will go away. I also have a very large amount of citrin but thay handal trama much better. Every stone i have i have let pick me, i found so many more at the river that i whiped off and then reburryed. my stones range in sizes 2mm - 6 lbs and i love them all so much. :) Once we move i am going to display them all. Now there in either a deerhide bag or wraped up in cloth.

I do have a question though, Dose certin stones not mix well with other stones? Like do sone not get along and throw the balance off? And with that in mind, do certin ones work beter with others?
Merry Part
~Addalaide
jcrowfoot

Rocks Rock!

Post by jcrowfoot »

Ha! A couple of my favorite new stones are several that have syncronous habits:

Angelite and Pink Calcite: While the pink calcite has a special name all it's own, I can't remember it. These two produce tons of energy when in close proximity. The energy is plentiful and not overwhelming. They seem to have a balancing energy, however, for no matter how much energy you suck up from them you never seem to overload. It feels refreshing and energizing without making you jittery or nervous. ( Yes, I do use lots of red jasper, why do you ask? ;-) )

They also seem to get along with other, more specificly geared stones.
Try with Iolite. I also want to try them with healing stones, which don't seem (to me, at least) to produce much energy on their own.
I also use them for recharging tired stones. I like meditating with them, too, especially when I'm tired and don't have time for a nap... though I'll take an amethyst as well to add the *wake up* zing. They also heighten spirituality, but you can still drive a car. :-)

I'm also a huge fan of Ametrine. While often found as one stone, it's a blend of amethyst and citrine. Not only is it very pretty, but I like the energy better than that of plain old amethyst. I think it's a better match for as the Aquarius birth stone anyway. So if you are born of that sign, and don't like the vibe of Amethyst, then try Ametrine. You may notice the difference. It also doesn't need to be cleared nearly as often, and needs less time to rest between uses. I like it for that clear headed but spiritually aware vibe needed for tarot reading or other divination.

Go for something more dreamy (like a jade or moonstone) for scrying.

Oh, and I like Bournite for healing. It has a softer rainbow hue than peacock ore, and a more refined energy. Goes swimmingly well with quartz, but then most things do. A healing trifecta would be clear quartz, bournite and nebula stone. Replace the bournite with Larimar for emotional healing, and add a citrine for aura building.

And YES! Larimar is fantastic! It's a color I'm not usually fond of, but the more muted shades of pale blue are lovely. It's especially good for emotional healing related to trauma and childhood abuse.
I use it to fortify myself every time I go visit my mother.

I'd mention more, but I just noticed it's nearly 4 AM. Where did the time go?!? Ack! Well past time for bed!
So pardon my spelling faux pas this one time. :-)
[Enlightenment]

Post by [Enlightenment] »

My new Crystals are ~

Tigers Eye
Red Goldstone
Ametrine
Magnesite
Fluorite
And stocked up on one's I already own.

At the moment I'm working close with my Amethyst, Lapis and Celestite.
~Blessings One and All~

***Knowledge really is Power***
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

My collection just keeps growing.

Last night I went in to my favorite shop to get some herbs and some jade chips for something I'm making. I ended up getting an extra chunk of jade (about the size of a golf ball!), a 'large' moldavite chip (about 3/8" long) and a gorgeous flourite point! The flourite was neat, it just took my attention and grabbed it, then when the girl opened up the cabinet so I could look at it I knew it wanted to come home with me. It's about 1 1/2" tall and it's got layered colors, green, clear, purple. She's beautiful! Yes she; I got that idea in my head when I picked it up. I didn't realize it immediately except that after I'd held it for only a couple of seconds I turned to the girl and blurted "Oh yes, she's coming home with me!".
[Enlightenment]

I always do that with Crystals. I never go in the shop to actually buy any but I always come out with a new one or two....or..... (usually forgetting what I originally went it for lol).

I'm looking for a large Clear Quartz Cluster at the moment, but my local New Age store hasn't any in. It normally stocks everything, so I've got to wait until they restock or get off the net. I'll probably end up getting off the net as I'm not very patient lol.

Isn't it funny how we know when our things are female or male. My mum bought a figurine Angel yesterday and she said to me "Do you like her" I took a good look and let "her" rest in my hand for a while, turned to my mum and said "If you want my opinion I honestly think she's a he lol". My mum then said "Well I honestly haven't got a clue, when I think of Angels I always think of them as girls". Long story short, our Angel is now a he. My mum went with what I said because she said she couldn't tell at all. This Angel was just shouting at me "I'M MALE" lol. Maybe I had this feeling because our house is surronded with female Energy?
~Blessings One and All~

Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

i always think of angelic beings as gender neutral though they can reflect and embody qualities of either and/or both genders.

"a 'large' moldavite chip (about 3/8" long)"

finally got your chunk of spacerock eh? twas only a matter of time
[Enlightenment]

Yeah I know what you mean Sobek, but this Angel was just oozing masculinity lol. Like he was telling me there needs to be more male Energies in our home. My mum sees most things as female, like all the figurines in our home etc, but in my room the Energies are very balanced and you can really tell the difference. She wants me to do a cleansing on the whole house but I really don't think one needs to be done, I honestly think it's just an imbalance of female and male Energies, but who knows?
~Blessings One and All~

Sercee

Post by Sercee »

My home is in need of a few balancing/cleansing applications, but I need to figure out what needs to be done where first :)

Yeah, Sobek, I got my space rock. I don't know what to do with it yet, but I know it has a place somewhere! And I love the neat texture and color it has. If you looked at my collection and didn't know what was in it you'd think 'alien' almost immediately with this one! LOL

I wish I was rich when I went in last night, though. Either they had just gotten some stock in or I've been retaining more about what crystals do what, but they had some wonderful specimens there of all kinds. There were several huge dioptase clusters (my eyes nearly bugged out when I saw the price, but then I should have expected it!) that I hadn't noticed before, and a bunch of quartz clusters (you would have loved these, Enlightenment!) in really neat configurations that I can't remember the terms for off hand.
Pixie Tales

Post by Pixie Tales »

I am soooooooooooooooooooooo Excited... I got new crystals yesterday at this Cool new age store like 20 minutes away.. she use to only be on ebay but now they are close by!!!!
nini

Post by nini »

my newest crystals are my energy eggs but don't know their names. can anyone tell me? they are small (as big as a quail egg), colored white, green and red and seems to be hollow since a sound is created when you shake it. It came from my chinese friend who found it in Mt. Banahaw (Philippines mystical mountain). Folklore says that is a "tikbalang" (mythological character, half man, half horse)marble. whenever i carry it in the forest, i could hear horses but do not actually see one! (, shall i put this one under weird stories or what?) :lol: :lol:

note: if you want to see my energy crystals please refer to old post entitled "gemstone or glass"
If you haven't the strength to impose your own terms upon life, you must accept the terms it offers you. - TS Elliot
Divine_Energy555

Post by Divine_Energy555 »

I have tons of small (Pebble) sized crystals,
that was given to me 5 years ago by my cousin.
Back then I didn't know they could have such a powerful use,
lucky I kept them all these years in such great condition...
this is the list of some of my crystals that I have,

Amethyst, Quartz Crystal, Moonstone, Amber, Jade
Smokey Quartz, Moss Agate, Pyrite, Blue calcite, Topaz
Amazonite

I have...

Post by Amazonite »

At the moment, I have a 1 Rose Quartz and 1 Amethyst Quartz and 1 Merkabah (star of David shaped) dowsing crystals. As well as healing chakra stones of tigers eye, kyanite, jade, clear quartz - unsure about these as only just starting out with chakras.

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”