new stones... what are they all used for?

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
stormer89

new stones... what are they all used for?

Post by stormer89 »

so i got some new stones today. i kinda know what some are for but not all of them so here's a list of what i got.

amyathest
rose quartz
turquorise
snowflake obsideon
tiger eyes
bloodstone
smoky quartz
(sorry if some of those are spelled wrong)
thanks in advance!
peace and love and blessed be
~ * ~ stormer ~ * ~
Alicat
Banned Member

Post by Alicat »

stormer89

Post by stormer89 »

im a bit of a novice when it comes to working with stones. i know a little bit about them but not a lot.
~ * ~ stormer ~ * ~
HonorRose
Banned Member

Post by HonorRose »

I agree with Alicat on this one. Here are a cople of clips from a posting I did a while ago on gemstone use:
How to speak to your crystal/gemstone: For most people, beginners especially, the best results are to be had when you are in physical contact with your crystal. Hold it in the palm of your hand of place it over your third eye. Relax and gently open your mind, and send a few friendly, positive energy vibes in the stone’s direction. It’s important not to focus too hard or be too forceful. If you are trying too hard you will inadvertently deflect or block any signals the stone may be trying to send you. Just stay relaxed and kind of offhand, perhaps even playing some other thoughts in the foreground of your mind. *When I first stared communicating with stones I found it easiest communicate when watching TV or listening to a book on tape to keep me from focusing to hard.* After you send you this energy, you should feel a warm little rush of positive energy coming back at you from the stone. I often find that this feeling makes me smile inadvertently:-). This is the stone greeting you back.

After this achieving this brief contact you should keep the stone around for a while and continue to give it a ‘hello’ every now and then until you are attuned enough to feel it when the stone reaches out to you on its own. It may be in your pocket and you’ll feel a sudden bright little burst of energy. You are just feeling the stone making contact with you. Always send something back, even if you can’t tell what it’s saying. Keep the stone nearby when doing magic that relates to its properties.

Eventually you will have a strong enough connection to the energy fields of crystals and gemstones that you may be walking right past one you’ve never met and feel it connecting to you. If/when that happens, attain the stone, if at all possible. Always buy stones that you connect with, that speak to you. When shopping for crystals, always pick them up and see how well you can speak to them or look for one whose energy ‘jumps’ in you hand.
*Just a random note on the subject; Don’t stereotype: Fancy crystals and gemstones aren’t always the only ones with power. While they are usually the most complex because of the ways their bodies were formed, you can still find powers in common stones you picked up off the beach or a sidewalk. One of the best protection stones I have is a reddish-brown rock I found by the ocean that had been worn smooth by the water. Also keep in mind that plenty of times you will find that a gemstone has properties never listed on websites or in books, or is lacking in one that everyone says it has. Like people, a crystal may belong to a certain race, but it can have different toned skin or be unusually tall, if you know what I mean.
Hope that helps. But since you wanted to know, here's what your new gemstones are used for:

Amethyst: spirituality, psychic powers, meditation, clairvoyance, relaxation, healing, cleansing, overcoming addiction, brings positive transformation.

Quartz (rose): physical and emotional healing, beauty, self-esteem and self-love, draws love, balances passions, peace, tranquility

Turquoise: soothing, healing, eases tension, peace, clarity, communication, wisdom

I Don't know much about Snowflake Obsideon off the top pf my head, so I went looking and got:
The energy of this volcanic rock is restful and serene. Snowflake obsidian can help the wearer recognize and transmute negative patterns and modes of thought. It helps to transform negativity into a positive and brings peace and balance to mind and body.
Tiger’s Eye: self-awareness, focus, clarity, connection to the earth, sharpened perception, practicality, logic, self-control

Blood Stone: physical strength, grounding, guidance, wealth, balance, stress relief. Said by some to stop bleeding, summon wind, and turn the sun black.

Quartz (smoky): protection, dissolves negativity, removes emotional blockage, emotional insight, collects scattered energies
stormer89

Post by stormer89 »

thanks guys! i will try that getting to know your stones thing when i have some down time.
~ * ~ stormer ~ * ~
hcfp

Post by hcfp »

To know more about gemstones I would like to suggest a book entitled Directory of Healing Crystals by Cassandra Eason, it's a great reference for crystal profiles.

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”