Used pierced crystals in rituals?

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
Veronika

Used pierced crystals in rituals?

Post by Veronika »

Hi,
I have a question about crystals. Can I use in a ritual a crystal that has been pierced (like, coming from a necklace) or has a little metallic hook in it, to put it on a chain? Does it change something?
Thanks and Merry Day!
Veronika
One Walker

Post by One Walker »

Hi Veronika!

Yes, you can use it. It may not work as well as an uncut or unpolished stone but it should still work.

One Walker. :D
We have seen what Power does.
We have seen what Power costs.

One is never equal to the other.
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

I've never experienced any difficulties with stones made for necklaces. Many of the stones I use are customized so I can wear them places, which is nicer for me, because I have them when I need them.
Like OneWalker said, though, they are not usually as powerful as natural stones, but they do get the job done, and I see no reason not to use them.
Veronika

Post by Veronika »

Thank you a lot! Okay, so I'm reassured now. Because I've seen many pretty necklaces with fantastic, pure crystals that are pierced (of course) and I was wondering if I could use them.

Thanks again!
Veronika
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

I actually find that they're more useful than regular crystals if you're a "witch on the go" sort. I know that most of my rituals are hurried I-need-this-now sort of things, so it's nice to have my tools hanging around my neck for easy access.
Veronika

Post by Veronika »

By the way, is that true that a crystal is more powerful if it has been given to you (even if you chose it yourself and pay for it, but somebody else "buys" it then gives it to you)?
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

I know that sometimes crystals call to other people. My fiance (also Pagan) stopped by one day and handed me a crystal, told me that it belonged to me. He didn't know why or how, but he knew that it was for me, not for him. Some stones are like that. They choose people...and not always the person who bought them in the first place. And it's easier to work with a crystal that "likes" you than a regular one, in my opinion.

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”