Red Jasper infusion

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
Greek_Male_Witch

Red Jasper infusion

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

Hello fellow Witches, I wanted to make infused water with crystals, but I found out that a LOT of them are toxic to drink in water. I can't find a definitive answer is red jasper safe to make infused water? please anyone that knows?
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
RavenClaw

Re: Red Jasper infusion

Post by RavenClaw »

Hi

When it comes to making crystal elixirs, the direct method isn't suitable for all crystals for various reasons as I'm sure you already know. Thankfully, we can use indirect methods.

Red jasper has iron oxide inclusions (which is why it's red) and I would assume that it's toxic. I prefer to err on the side of caution. In this case, I would use some kind of an indirect method for making an elixir.

From what I understand, when in doubt about toxicity in crystals, is to use an indirect method for making elixirs. A method I use is to wrap up a crystal in plastic wrap. Place it in a glass and pour water in but be sure that the water level remains below where the plastic wrap was twisted around. With an elixir made this way, I'd still hesitate to drink it.

Another method is to place crystals around the outside of the glass. You would have to have enough of the same crystals to make a tight ring around the glass. This method is much safer and can guarantee that there's no toxins leaking into the water so would be safe to drink.

In both cases, let the crystals steep the water for 36 hours.

For extra oomph to the elixir, you can try moon water as opposed to regular water. I believe that red jasper and moon water energies are compatible.

I hope that helps.
Knowledge without understanding is not wisdom. (An excerpt from a message I channeled from a Deity.)
Greek_Male_Witch

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

thank you, it does help :)
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Jasper and bloodstone are fine to use in elixir.
We have a good list here.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=26569
Bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
RavenClaw

Post by RavenClaw »

Thanks for the link. I added the book to my wish list.
Knowledge without understanding is not wisdom. (An excerpt from a message I channeled from a Deity.)

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”