Earth on the move

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Earth on the move

Post by Firebird »

Dont like to see so much activity in the ring of fire :evilwitch:
https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes ... %3Anull%7D
Couldn't figure out how to take a screen shot but the whole ring of fire was active today. I believe the link will show the updated version, it refreshes often.
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Earth on the move

Post by SpiritTalker »

These series of quakes have each followed a massive solar flare. Don't know what's bugging the sun and speculation on YouTube is rampant. As if the axis tilt were't 'Nuff.
Tyrande

Post by Tyrande »

So much is going on lately. Hurricanes, earthquakes, volcanic activity, and overwhelming garbage pollution of our oceans.
Our Mother Earth is in a lot of distress right now.
At least we know the hurricanes are a direct result of climate change, hopefully that will help people understand better that something needs to be done & it is very real.
I read about the decade volcano in near Hawaii that's been active yet dormant, which is a very dangerous sign of something coming. Unfortunately there's not much we can do with preventing the volcanic activity. It feels to me like Earth is trying to really grab our attention in the only way she can.
Blessed be
Tyrande
♡ ♡ ♡ Protect the Ocean, Protect the Land ♡ ♡ ♡
❃ Plant a tree ❃
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

I don't do astrology. Does anyone know if we're on the same side of the Sun as Jupiter? Solar activity like that has gravitational effects. If we're between them then, we're getting pulled and pushed at the same time but, each one is at a different rate.
I looked at the earthquake activity over the last 6 months. A lot of it is on transverse faults. Along with shifting around the Pacific Rim we could well get one into the Asian mainland. China, Himalayas or maybe as far as Pakistan. A volcano popping on the line Indonesia-Celebes-Philippines might be a good bet if they have lines on explosions in Vegas.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I think im seeing Jupiter just after sunset (I had to look it up) so we must be on the same side of the sun at this time of year.
barker

Post by barker »

Perfectionism vs freedom. N.Korea vs world, if you ask me. Needs more meaning, like where is this world going - perfect freedom? Not yet I think.
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

Interesting start for a thread. I'd love to join in. I don't know what it has to do with geological processes such as earthquakes and vulcanisum on the Pacific Rim and associated neighboring fault systems.
casnarl

Post by casnarl »

Am I the only one who gets all giddy at these sorts of extreme weather/disasters whatnot? I'm the type of person that, if Wisconsin had extreme weather, would go TOWARDS the storm instead of AWAY from it.
All I get here is some blizzards and maybe a few -20°F days in January. I live too close to Lake Michigan for tornadoes, though I know other parts of Wisconsin have them. Never experienced an earthquake in my 21 years (or rather, one big enough to feel), and no hurricanes here :P

So while yes, these kinds of extremes are quite deadly, and usually mean something is going on with the Earth that we should take notice of, I'm kind of over here like MORE MORE MORE!

I wanted to be on the weather channel on tv when I was a kid. I ended up going into Geography which I 'spose it semi-related.
Mr Crowley
Banned Member

Post by Mr Crowley »

No, you're not the only one.

The lovely wicked witch sweeping across the sky. The pictures don't do her due justice. Her contrail of fire is tough to capture with digital-button auto-delay, requiring faster-than-lightning reflex. On a boat pitching in the surge makes it even more complicated.

The best etched-in visual image: face-on, about 50 feet away from a lighting strike. The column of plasma was the girth of a telephone pole, the percussion a sharp slap to the face. Generating mass-terror among others, it was one of the most loveliest experiences in my life!

(If ETUM wishes for more posted images, its needs to upgrade from this substandard file size. And they post backwards from the upload.)
The storm, first shot
The storm, first shot
The storm, second shot
The storm, second shot
Lightning
Lightning
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

There you go Mr. Crowley...there is a button after the file upload that lets you place them inline in any order you wish, as well as a box to type comments, I added your comments.
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

While weather is a fantastic phenomenon and I was always the first out to play in the rain,
this thread was supposed to be more about plate tectonics. I would love to know if weather plays a role though.... what are your findings in weather and moving earth crust?
I used to say there IS such a thing as earthquake weather, yet the geologists debunk this. In my experience earthquakes have always followed after a series of extreem weather that includes these 4 things within a WEEKS time. Hot, cold, windy, rainy. Not always in that order. Lighting may or may not have been included in the rain. The temperature has to flux about 40-45 degrees in daytime temp, like going from a 55 degree day to 100, 3 days later.
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
casnarl

Post by casnarl »

firebirdflys wrote:While weather is a fantastic phenomenon and I was always the first out to play in the rain,
this thread was supposed to be more about plate tectonics. I would love to know if weather plays a role though.... what are your findings in weather and moving earth crust?
I 'spose I've always considered earthquakes to be weather, although I figure technically it isn't. My brain always just looped it in.

I guess they're sort of underground weather.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I think quakes sometimes come after solar flares. The geomagnetic forces go scattywhompus. And as Earth travels back upon the route of it's cosmic 4000 year cycle (began the circuit in 2012) lots of earthy adjustments are occurring. Sun weather effects Earth weather.
DDS
Banned Member

Post by DDS »

Now I get to be really unpopular. Straight up - I DO NOT believe humans are the cause of most of the global warming. Some, but not enough, to cause significant change in the weather. This is in fact the kind of weather pattern needed to bring on an ice age. You can now all do a chorus of - Are You OUT Of Your Cotton Picking Mind?. I must say no. Down to facts. I teach Social Psychology. This past few years they've been calling it "Group Dynamics" ,it's the same thing. At least they pay me the same. I'll take that as experimental evidence that it's the same. And what the hell does social psy have to do with climate and plate tectonics. Quite a lot, actually. Groups of people react to pressure depending, in large degree, to their societal imperatives. Nothing like years of draught finished off by a major earthquake or volcanic activity to put pressure on a society. Being in academia, classes in climatology and geo-sciences were essentially free and had a lot to do with external societal pressure. They could even be a root cause of things like barbarian attack ( Huns and Eastern and Western Roman Empires c. 430 - 453 CE ). I never thought about astronomy as being linked to earthquakes. For the next five years we'll be on the same side of the sun as Jupiter from November to February. The Prof from the Astro-physics Dept. wouldn't give me a straight answer about gravitational effects of Jupiter on plate tectonics. I did notice that roll the eyes the second my back was turned look. It's not my fault he has no vision about how interconnected everything is.

Now to proof about my take on Global Warming. Without a bunch of numbers to make your eyes glaze over and send you to sleep we can just do specific cases. The climate is killing us and it's all our fault researchers want something. They want money to run their projects in fine style. You truly have no idea. Most academics will use a sibling as their human sacrifice. And that's the take it casually type. It gets mean if they get serious. Any Academic worth their salt can make statistics say what they want them to say. I am often unpopular because I don't toe the party line. I didn't do all that work to get tenure for nothing. I can just say what I want - if I'm right.

The Little Ice Age: A period of colder then normal winter's in the Northern Hemisphere. The first period was from c.1350 to c.1490. The second period was from c. 1570 to c. 1850 (Lamb1969/Schmierder&Moss1975) During this period the Maunder minimum was noted. Sun spots were exceedingly rare, often completely missing, from the suns normal activity (various astronomers: Halley et al) during the period 1645 to 1715. During the height of the Little Ice Age, the Baltic Sea and most of the Rivers in Europe and North America froze over hard. Winters were bitterly cold and the growing season was shortened by three to four weeks. The Little Ice Age was the root cause of the second pulse of the Black Death to the Thirty Years War to "Frankenstein" being written in the year without a summer, 1816. I'll provide notes on these and a mass of other very negative occurrences if anyone wants them. This, as you can imagine, had a large effect on the Northern Hemisphere's Glaciers. In 1850 the glaciers were at the maximum ice content since the end of the Younger Dryas c. 9,500BCE. In other words the glaciers of the Northern Hemisphere were at the maximum extent possible short of a full Ice Age. With this you get the full ground loading of the Earth's Tectonic Plates. Hard winters become ingrained in the collective social imagination which takes a long time to change, as we're seeing now.(Cohen, Van Weigner, Dramin, et al)
The loss will seem rapid from glaciers starting at the maximum beginning point. 65% of the loss from the glaciers was before 1939. Until that time the CO2 load in the atmosphere was not big enough to trigger so called "man made climatological effects". Even the most: the sky is falling, on us, man made climate change panic prone scientist will not argue this point. Let me highlight that point. More then half the melting of the glaciers was during a time of natural climate. The melting has actually slowed. This is reasonable since the glaciers are now at higher altitudes. (Allan et al)

Basically it's a case of researchers pointing their data and conclusions in a way that is suitably liberal and gets the biggest grant money. As to it seeming that there are more earthquakes and volcanic episodes, The occurrences are within averages, two years ago low average and the last two slightly high normal. Coverage of the events is just better. Today 4/7/18 10:30AM there are 5 volcanoes erupting or continuing ash plumes since yesterday. There are five earthquakes above 4.5:Perry OK, USA 4.6, Jiquilisco, El Salvador 5.9, three in New Guinea/New Britain5.4,5.5 & 6.3. If it's a slow news day one or more will make the news. The information is obviously easily obtainable on the web.

As to the correct weather pattern to bring on a new Ice Age, which we're due for, there is something called the Halocline. This is very important to the world current. The Gulf Stream is the part of it to worry about. With a large inclusion of fresh water, melting ice, the currents that warm the north can be broken by the water being too light to sink. The water in the lower layers of ocean are NOT displaced. The current breaks. We are seeing signs of it starting. The UK has gotten a few snow and ice storms lately. If the Gulf Stream is in full flow that dosen't happen.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Welcome back.

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”