Calling up Wind (Without Ritual)?

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.
Silversong
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow (if the rainbow is in Oregon)

Calling up Wind (Without Ritual)?

Post by Silversong »

So, I've been able to call up wind for basically as long as I can remember. As long as my mind isn't scattered from here to Hades, I can typically focus and, with a little concentration, get the wind to rise, from whichever direction I ask (which I will shamelessly admit is very helpful when I'm overheating for whatever reason). Here's basically how I understand it to work:

It's easiest to do it standing still. It's hard to explain the feeling - like throwing out a line of my consciousness, like stretching out toward the homes of the Four Winds, to get their attention. It's, and I know this is an overused term a lot of people have never actually felt, a pull in my gut. If there are any words involved, which sometimes there aren't, I'll sometimes ask, "Wind, please?" or "Could I possibly get a southern wind?" or something like that. It's almost never formal, usually only if they're being stubborn. Within seconds, the wind will typically rise and blow from whatever direction I'm "reaching," and I can raise or lower the strength of it. It's not like I can induce a full-force gale or anything - not that I've ever tried - but I can usually get a pretty good breeze going.

I usually can't do it, however:
- When the air is completely and utterly dead still. I mean, I can occasionally, but usually not.
- If I'm indoors, obviously, it doesn't work. Maybe it would pick up outside. I've no idea. I've never tried.
- Occasionally, the winds are just being stubborn and don't want to comply, at which point I kind of have to admit defeat.
- I also can't call up rain. At least, not most of the time. If it wants to rain and I ask, I can sometimes get it to start raining (or start raining a little harder) a little earlier than it otherwise might, but I can't call up weather out of nowhere or anything. This ability seems to be restricted to wind, insofar as I can tell.

Can anyone else do this or things like it? Any experiences with things like this? Maybe suggestions as to things I could try with it? (Honestly, I'm really not sure where to put this, so I took my best guess, and if anyone wants to move it, feel free XD I apologize for the inconvenience.)
gittejohnsen11

Re: Calling up Wind (Without Ritual)?

Post by gittejohnsen11 »

I do also have the same kind of connection with "father sky" as I Call the winds master (north american indian wisdom) its a great feeling of freedom for me. Best wishes with breez & color hugs from Norway
gittejohnsen11

Post by gittejohnsen11 »

uploadfromtaptalk1444508163636.jpg
blue_moon

Post by blue_moon »

I always thought I was a water person. But out in the woods - or standing on my balcony (it's on the wind and weather side facing west up in the 3rd story) - I feel I can intensify the wind. I usually just breath, sometimes closing my eyes sometimes just holding on to the railings (can't think of the word... sorry) sometimes stretching my arms out north and south.
It also works out on the field or in the woods.

Not indoors with me either. (But I don't ask for wind when in the house)

I enjoy the pre storm winds as specially in summer when I can see the big rain clouds forming in the west and the thunder come rolling.
BB

Blue Moon
nicola

Post by nicola »

I've been able to do the same for as long as I can remember, the ability has faded recently due to my emotions getting the better of me, high stress levels and such.
I too call upon a breeze if i'm too hot, I can sometimes do it indoors too, it just takes more calmness and concentration. I've only been able to spread it as far as cooling myself and people within a small rooms distance for cooling purposes, for anything else it hasn't worked, possibly because my hearts not in it i'm not using it to be helpful.

I have always used a slight movement of my hand to sort of swirl the wind and invite it into my being and then I let it embrace me so I can concentrate in the hope that it will perform whatever action my mind is asking for :-)

Not sure if that's any use but it's nice to know i'm not alone in what I do :-)

XxnicolaxX
Life is life, don't worry about it, just go with it, be happy and treat the entire earth as your home because that's what it is, make it the place you can be proud to call home :)
Negoni

Post by Negoni »

Hi guys,my name is starlight and I have the same ability but it isn't strong enough to do things like make tornadoes or hurricanes,etc.I so wish I was strong enough to do things like make blasts of wind,but I think I'm getting there.So the reason why I'm here is I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to make them stronger,please!
Blessed be,starlight.

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”