How do I find my element?

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.
Nyx_Follower

How do I find my element?

Post by Nyx_Follower »

Hey, everyone.

Right now, I'm sorta like a witch in training I guess, but I wanted to know how to find my element that I connect with best. Like suggestions.

-Thank you :flyingwitch:
Heartsong

Re: How do I find my element?

Post by Heartsong »

Hi there Nyx,

People will make connections in a variety of ways, and it tends to be something that is deeply personal. What element (or elements) speak to you? Do you feel an affinity for a particular one? These are a couple of questions you might consider. I would recommend that you read through the threads in this particular subforum, as there have been many, many members to ask this exact same question. I would also suggest that you take a look at Xiao Rong's fabulous post on finding balance in the elements, and connecting with each in turn. :)
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I have always been fascinated with fire. Fortunately, the fascination has not morphed into pyromania. Sorry folks, you won't see my lovely mug on the news with regard to arson. On the flip side, I also love water. I love to swim, and I love the smell of the sea.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
dualhands

Post by dualhands »

A good start would be taking your astrological sign into consideration! What is your sign?

Most signs have an associated element in correspondence. I, myself am a Capricorn. That is an earth sign. However being part goat part fish, I also have the element of water as well. I love all things earthy (plants crystals trees nature in general ) and I also could swim before I could even walk as a child! Thanks to my awesome father.

So look into that and it would be a good place to start. Also take into consideration what you are attracted to the most. As intuition can lead you great places.
diligentibus te dilectio qua dilexisti me , sic fiat
Nyx_Follower

Post by Nyx_Follower »

Thanks Guys. Ill try out what you've all suggested and hopefully I find my answer.
Nyx_Follower

My Element Is Water

Post by Nyx_Follower »

I went over to Google and I searched "Scorpio Element" and surprisingly it was the first one on most searched. Here's what Google gave me:

"The Element associated with Scorpio is Water. Those born under this sign are as emotional as their waterborne brethren, it's just that they're not as likely to show it." (Not full definition Sorry!)

Scorpio Sun Sign-Zodiac Signs-Article by Astrology.com
http://www.astrology.com

I think this is true, for me, because with water I always find myself relaxed or at peace after being in it for a while and then getting out and feeling peaceful and calm (Sorry for the so many "and"). One thing for sure, I am very emotional, but choose to kind of keep them to myself in a lot of situations. I'm very...guarded I guess. It's what I've been through in life that has made me that way.
corvidus

Re: My Element Is Water

Post by corvidus »

Scorpio eh?

The sign of Scorpio is ruled by Mars, which means it is a very focused and energetic type of water element. I once met a Salamander that spoke well of Scorpio.

:)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

The Scorpio I was once married to, was neither focused nor energetic.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Vesca

Re: My Element Is Water

Post by Vesca »

corvidus wrote:Scorpio eh?

The sign of Scorpio is ruled by Mars, which means it is a very focused and energetic type of water element. I once met a Salamander that spoke well of Scorpio.

:)

Salamander?
Deejean

Post by Deejean »

dualhands wrote:A good start would be taking your astrological sign into consideration! What is your sign?

Most signs have an associated element in correspondence. I, myself am a Capricorn. That is an earth sign. However being part goat part fish, I also have the element of water as well. I love all things earthy (plants crystals trees nature in general ) and I also could swim before I could even walk as a child! Thanks to my awesome father.

So look into that and it would be a good place to start. Also take into consideration what you are attracted to the most. As intuition can lead you great places.
I am also a capricorn, and everything you just said is so true for me too! But as much as I do love earth, and all things living, water calls to me a little more. Its calming and soothing. Ha I could also swim before I could walk, capricorns must really be bi elemental :) hehe

Ive been fastinated with every element and have tried working with each seperatly, and for the longest time I wasn't sure which element was "my" element. Until I really realized I can control water to an extent, it made me feel the most relaxed and calm. For me thats what helped me decide :)
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

Me and my friend made up a little test out for finding our elements. We got the idea from the Divergent series. We got 5 bowls. One full of gemstones, one full of ashes, one full of water, one full of dirt, and one full of down. I was blindfolded and them my friend put the bowls on front of me. He changed the position 8 times and 4 times I picked ash, 4 times I picked gemstones. So, we presumed my element was fire and/or spirit. This test was good for me because I always jump to conclusions about things and then later have to be like "Oops my totem is the Coyote, not the Snake." And then I'm all embarrassed and yeah. So, I hope this helps anyone.
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

SnowCat wrote:The Scorpio I was once married to, was neither focused nor energetic.

Snow
Well there are always other contributing factors as to which energy a person resonates with the most in their natal chart. I was talking about Scorpio specifically in relation to the other water signs of Pisces and Cancer.
Vesca wrote:Salamander?
Yes, but He/She looked a bit more like this:
Oakheart

Post by Oakheart »

I come from the school of thought that people do not correspond to a single element; the energies of all of the elements are present within us. It is when these elements fall out of balance that various physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual problems can occur. The elements need to be kept in perpetual balance in order to maintain good health.
Student of Rosicrucianism, Neoplatonism & Hermetic Kabbalah.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Plotinus wrote:I come from the school of thought that people do not correspond to a single element; the energies of all of the elements are present within us.
I agree with Plotinus. The magus/witch/shaman/sorceror who really wants to develop to their fullest will be 'in tune' with all the elements, and recognize their significance in almost any work.

In the Hermetic tradition, the four elements are actually inseparable because of their qualities, so any specific work actually includes all four:

Fire is Hot and Dry
Air is Hot and Moist
Water is Moist and Cold
Earth is Cold and Dry

The asterik in the center represents the 'point of origin', aka Spirit

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”