Can you feel the elements during circle casting?

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.
Binglian

Can you feel the elements during circle casting?

Post by Binglian »

I recently cast a circle for spell work. I started with the east, inviting the air element to come in, and I didn't feel anything. When I invites fire to comes in, I can feel a clear heat blast (A little too strong) into my face. And when I start to call for water, I can also feel a cold swift across the bottom of my feet, and I feel extremely fresh, as if I'm standing near an ocean. However, I did not feel that much with earth, but it is still better than air. Apparently, with all the elements, I can clearly feel fire and water, however, I do have trouble feeling the air throughout the spell. Do that mean that I have a strong connection with fire and water? And what do that connection means?

And of course, I don't work with fire that much, and I'm scared of water. I haven't learn how to swim yet, and I have this irrational fear when I light the candle. It's like completely the opposite to what I felt in the circle. I actually thought that I would have a strong attachment to air. But air becomes my weakest attachment.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Can you feel the elements during circle casting?

Post by SnowCat »

It could be that Fire and Water are trying to encourage a stronger connection. Sometimes we have to face our fears in order to overcome them.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Binglian

Re: Can you feel the elements during circle casting?

Post by Binglian »

Hi Snowcat, I actually never though of that way. I always thought that the element you feel more attached to would be your strongest element. But how come I was unable to feel the air element? By feeling the fire element, it actually made me feel really safe and protected. But because I was not attached to air, sometimes I don't even know if I had invited the elements in properly.

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”