Element of spirit

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.
childofspirit201

Element of spirit

Post by childofspirit201 »

Can anyone have a natural power or gift over the element of spirit, as I have been told that I have that gift.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: element of spirit

Post by Firebird »

I would think so, you should be able, then, to move in and out of conciousness to speak to the Gods and Goddessess of your understanding with ease.
I believe these folks are the ones who become the mediums of the community.
ff
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
childofspirit201

Post by childofspirit201 »

firebirdflys wrote:I would think so, you should be able, then, to move in and out of conciousness to speak to the Gods and Goddessess of your understanding with ease.
I believe these folks are the ones who become the mediums of the community.
ff
Thank you so much. it felt soo weird that I can connection to all the elements and nature itself. I thought it was just one element that people can a spiritual connect to.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Some consider Spirit to be the 5th element. This is the "tween" place where you are nither here nor there, it the place where creation happens, and where the gods reside. My tradition places ether/spirit in the center as the guiding force to change.
blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Wimsaur

Post by Wimsaur »

Spirit as an element is a misnomer.
In the formula of the pentagram, we see the relationship between the 4 elements and spirit.
It is a formula of man's relationship to the elements. In classical Kabbalah, their are only 3 elements: fire (spirit/will), water (emotions/creativity), and air (reason/intellect/communications). Earth is seen to be the resultant of the 3 elements.

In the formula of the pentagram, we now see spirit as relating to the elements. This is why an inverted pentagram is said to be destructive: because it exalts the elements above spirit (materialism). Where as when spirit is above the elements, man is concentrating on mastering the elements in order to transcend them.

The nature of spirit is best expressed in the formula of the hexagram which shows the 6 classical planets revolving around the sun. This hexagram is essentially the spirit shown in the pentagram.

In order to connect with spirit, you can either learn the elements within yourself to reveal what is left over (spirit), or you can learn the nature of the planets within yourself (spirit).

Wimsaur.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Element of spirit

Post by SnowCat »

Different traditions have different views of what constitutes an Element. Some of us here, do consider Spirit to be the fifth Element. Then of course, you have the movie The Fifth Element.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Lord_of_Nightmares

Re: Element of spirit

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

SnowCat wrote:Different traditions have different views of what constitutes an Element. Some of us here, do consider Spirit to be the fifth Element. Then of course, you have the movie The Fifth Element.

Snow
And even some may use the Chinese system which as five elements; Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal, and Water.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”