Is there a way to talk through trees?

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.
Wolf-Tigress

Is there a way to talk through trees?

Post by Wolf-Tigress »

So trees (and plants in general) have a lot of signaling pathways (similar to our neural connections), so do you think that we can speak to earth spirits (or even Gaia- mother earth) through trees? I feel that they would be more connected to plants. Also what about somehow seeing what the tree has "seen"? :fairy:
Through the spilling ice, and glowing fire,
I have the heart of the wolf, and the strength of a tiger.

Wolf-Tigress
Shub Niggurath

Re: Is there a way to talk through trees?

Post by Shub Niggurath »

Hm, I think we can talk to trees but it might be not that easy.
If I really wanted to start communicating with trees I'd start by gathering as much information as I could about the species, characteristics and maybe some magickal properties too. (Click)
Why? Oh well, it definitely won't hurt to get some new knowledge ;) But I also think that if one wants to talk to the trees one should honour and respect them by knowing at least the basics.

Then there are three options, or at least I see three options of talking to the trees:
1. Meditation - Simply meditating while sitting in the roots of the tree or hugging the tree and trying to expand your mind enough to reach the tree's mind during the meditation, then open up to it.
2. Shamanic approach - I'm not an expert in Shamanism but the basics are that by all kinds of shamanic practice you gain access to various spirit worlds. One of those worlds is almost identical with our physical plane and through practices you can perceive it subtly corresponding to what we normally see. Once you've mastered the practice enough you can simply go to the woods and talk to the tree's spirit.
3. Druidry - Click

Here's what trees sound like, really beautiful:
http://vimeo.com/30501143
Wolf-Tigress

Post by Wolf-Tigress »

Thanks. :D It was just a thought I had. I might try a few things when I can find a quiet place with trees.

Wolf-Tigress
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Ask the trees if a dryad is present. Some trees have a dryad, some share a dryad as a group. Most dryads I've spoken to have been pleasantly surprised to be acknowledged. They aren't always great conversationalists, but they do like knowing that at least some people realize they exist.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Yes, you can! (: I have done this many-a-time! I have spoken both to the trees themselves as well as the spirits that protect them. It is such an amazing experience, and in all honesty I don't do it often enough! I have found the easiest way is to first just sit and relax outside under the tree (or plant for that matter) you wish to speak with or have speak to the spirits you're seeking. You can sit and just see what you might feel at first. I would keep a journal out there with you as well, to write down any interesting experiences.

I agree with Snow as well! Try asking them if one is present, or even when you do your first sit down relaxing in its shade, you might very well encounter the spirit yourself! I have found, with my work I do with the Fey and nature spirits in general, they will sometimes come to you without the assistance of the plants. It all depends on their mood that day, and if they are interested enough. As Snow has said, they really aren't great conversationalists. I talked with one once before, at my old house, that would only answer with single words.

When you speak with trees, they don't really speak I've found. They like to use imagery and utilize a lot of your other senses.

The feeling you get during the time you speak with them is amazing, but be warned! Time might pass quickly and you won't even realize it. (: I've found that anytime you speak with a spirit of nature or a Faerie, you slip into a trance like state that when you come out of it, an hour could have gone by. This happens to me quite frequently, and it could just be me, but I wanted to share!

When you do encounter one, like Levitating Cat said, meditation is a great way to try to communicate. Everyone has their different ways of trying things, and I personally read about a really good way to try communicating with the trees on this site.

I think you might very well find this thread started by One Walker, very interesting! You can find it right here: How to Communicate with a Tree.

It can help you find the way that might help you speak with the tree (to be able to encounter the spirits as well). It also mentions what I spoke of above, how they utilize your other senses (at least, I believe it does so don't quote me on that haha!). If you already know the way that works best for you, then by all means you don't need to read it. (:

I hope this was helpful in some way and wish you the best of luck! I would love to hear how it worked out!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Wolf-Tigress

Post by Wolf-Tigress »

Thank you thank you THANK YOU!!!!!

Wolf-Tigress
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

You are very welcome! (: Let us know how it turns out!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Bump

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”