Year and a Day with the Elements

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.
Kyrie

Re: Year and a Day with the Elements

Post by Kyrie »

Aceso wrote:We are doing earth from December to March right?
If you are following my schedule, then yes. However, firebirdflys has also provided another schedule, which is perfectly fine to use as well. Or you could even come up with one that makes more sense for you. This is YOUR year and a day study. Connect to it in your own way and you're more likely to stick with it.
Aceso

Post by Aceso »

Ok. Thank you
Kyrie

Post by Kyrie »

So...I've started working on clearing out the garden so we can start growing vegatables this spring. I've also started my indoor herb garden. I almost lost my sage and thyme, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can get them healthy again. I don't exactly have a green thumb, but it's still fun trying something new. At least I have an experienced gardener to back me up!
Aceso

Post by Aceso »

Well I have been working on my Grounding technique and getting my self fit. I will start my herb garden in Ostara. Since it will be indoors and I live in an apartment.
Kyrie

Post by Kyrie »

That sounds like something I need to be working on as well. I have a problem keeping myself grounded. I have to really be focused on it, but with so many other things going on, I always find myself off in daydream-land!
Aceso

Post by Aceso »

I just ordered some seeds to plant some herbs. I read somewhere that thyme is suppose to help with readings. I am defiantly growing some. I feel this is going well so far. How is your journey going?
Kyrie

Post by Kyrie »

Well.... My herbs died! Lol. My roommate put them in the window so they could get some sun, and forgot to take them out before it got too cold. So, we're going to wait until it warms up a little more and try again.

I've really been focusing on my finances. I made my New Years resolution to pay off ALL of my debt, so this seemed like the perfect time to really put all of my energy into that.

Learning about the earth zodiac signs and the pentacles suit of tarot is really helping me to understand the energy of earth better.
Mandie Moonstone

Post by Mandie Moonstone »

This is a wonderful idea. I am early into my YAAD, I began officially on Dec. 31, 2013 although I have been studying longer than that, so this fits right in with what I am doing now, getting to know the elements. :)
Kyrie

Post by Kyrie »

Feel free to jump right in, Mandie! We're working with the element of earth right now.

Anything you'd like to share, such as things you're currently doing or things you'd like to try out?
Kyrie

Post by Kyrie »

I have a question for the group....since Aceso mentioned it, I have been trying to focus on grounding. But I've always had trouble with this. I can't stay grounded. I have to be actively focusing on it, and even then it's a struggle. One thing I have noticed though is that I feel grounded (without forcing it) when I feel beautiful. After I shower, get dressed, get my makeup on, and fix my hair, it's very easy and natural. Why is that? Can someone please shed some light on this?

Why is me feeling good about myself a prerequisite for keeping myself grounded?
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

My 2 cents, Nera: The earth is closely associated with the body, with physical sensation and pleasure. When you shower, get dressed, put on makeup, and fix your hair up, it sounds like the process makes you feel beautiful, sexy, and confident. Maybe groundedness for you is about being grounded in physical pleasure, your sexuality, and your body; it doesn't have to be an intellectual exercise (which I associate with air).
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Kyrie

Post by Kyrie »

It feels more like an issue of insecurity. When I'm not all done up, I worry about my appearance and I can't relax and be myself until I do those things.

I really need to work on counteracting that.

I spent a lot of time outside yesterday, which really helped me. I've been cooped up in the house all winter and it felt really good just to spend time outside getting the garden ready for spring.

Another thing I need to learn how to do is sloooooowwww doooowwwnnn. There are so many things that I want to try out and my brain is constantly bouncing back and forth between everything and I have trouble concentrating long enough to get even one of those things done.
Mandie Moonstone

Post by Mandie Moonstone »

Nerá wrote:It feels more like an issue of insecurity. When I'm not all done up, I worry about my appearance and I can't relax and be myself until I do those things.

I really need to work on counteracting that.

I spent a lot of time outside yesterday, which really helped me. I've been cooped up in the house all winter and it felt really good just to spend time outside getting the garden ready for spring.

Another thing I need to learn how to do is sloooooowwww doooowwwnnn. There are so many things that I want to try out and my brain is constantly bouncing back and forth between everything and I have trouble concentrating long enough to get even one of those things done.
I can totally relate! I spent a good amount of time outdoors as well, love this little warm break in the weather we've had. I spent time cleaning up from past storms, sweeping the decks off and such. I was focusing on my Earth study while doing this, really feeling the cold ground and imagining the little seeds and bulbs nestled down there just waiting for that warm Spring to wake them and call them up.

When my mind gets to racing around and I can't focus I find that making a list and then prioritizing it helps me to get on track, I'm a "list" person anyway. The physical act of putting it down on paper, what I'm going to do and the steps I need to take, calms me so that I'm not scattered.
Aceso

Post by Aceso »

My grounding is coming along. When I feel like I am drifting I hold on to something natural like a gem or crystal and it helps me focus
Kyrie

Post by Kyrie »

Sorry I haven't posted lately. I've been keeping myself busy working on getting the garden ready.

How is everyone doing with their year and a day studies? I feel like I'm making a lot of headway. I'm starting to figure out what it takes to keep myself grounded (meditation does NOT work for me!), I'm getting closer to getting my debt paid off, and I'm spending a lot more time outside.

The next thing I want to do is get all of my earth correspondences typed up for my BoS.

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”