What is Your Element

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.

What is your element?

Earth
24%
Air
21%
Fire
18%
Water
36%

Total votes: 206

Danmagnamius

Re: What is Your Element

Post by Danmagnamius »

planewalker wrote:Mine better be water. My sun and moon sign is Aquarius and I have Pisces on the cusp. I've always lived within a stones throw of a major river or body of water. It seems to have been a theme within my life.
my Sun and moon are also in Aquarius and have a Leo Descendent, I couldn't be more typical of my signs! What's funny is I was born on an Island that has a lay line and have always have a strong connection with the moon and water! I live in London now so whenever so goto the coast I have to dip my toes in the water!

Growing up on an Island and being in tune with nature, I quickly became aware of the moons influence on our emotions!
Danmagnamius

Post by Danmagnamius »

greenvixen wrote:i am libra... is that an earth element?
Libra is air along with Gemini and Aquarius don't be confused because Aquarius is the water carrier it's still an air sign!
AikaMoonKitten

Post by AikaMoonKitten »

Mine is Water - I am a Cancer sign.
~I'm actually a witch~
Corbin

Post by Corbin »

I am a fire sign but born on the cusp of exposure. Which makes life kinda complicated.

My prime element is Fire (Intuition) - but I am also an introvert (which gives it a very different seeming to extrovert fire) on the Jung Briggs-Myer Typology test. My secondary Element is Air (Thinking) which is extrovert but can come across as my primary function (being an extrovert function) but don't be fooled, the real "action" is going on way out of sight).

My intuition informs me and I carry my passions deep and they occasionally erupt into a flurry of enthusiasm & activity ... but ... I struggle to maintain this energy surge and ... well ... the candle that burns twice as bright an all that ...

This boils down to make me a natural magician (transmission / tasked work) but a lousy psychic (reception / untasked work). Try to hide something from me and it sticks out like a rude middle finger try to intimate or subtlely reveal something to me and I'm as dense as a brick ...

Know your strengths AND weaknesses eh ? ;)
Akairyuu

Post by Akairyuu »

I would say Earth is my most prominent element :). I used to think it was fire and I like it too but Earth is my home. It kind of fits as my sun sign is Taurus which is of the Earth element
Shireside

Post by Shireside »

Watery Pisces meets the Fire sign of Aries on the cusp when I was born...together, these elements clash to make steam, which falls under the Air element. This suits me well, and I enjoy the transmutative imagery of it. I'm Air, through and through.
The map is not the territory, the facet is not the jewel.
CloudedMoon

Post by CloudedMoon »

Water and Earth according to western astrology, Fire and Air according to Vedic and Draconic systems. Not sure which is the right system for me, I've always been struggling between "my truth" (what pleases me most) vs "universal truth" (what's accurate and objective in the reality we share, even if it hurt my feelings). :D

I've always been wondering what is it like for a typical fire-dominated person to "just know things" immediately. How is fire intuition different from water intuition for example?
Dr. Bonedaddy

Post by Dr. Bonedaddy »

I'm a water baby all the way --Cancer!
Shadee

Post by Shadee »

So... elements are only based on our zodiac sign?

According to my old sign, Libra, it would be Air. But with the new system, I'm Virgo, and that makes me Earth related. And since there are so many other systems, I don't really know what to make of it ^^"

What does being a certain element mean? Aren't we supposed to be all of them?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Im Virgo, Leo cusp. Im definitely earth.
Shadee wrote:So... elements are only based on our zodiac sign?
... ... What does being a certain element mean? Aren't we supposed to be all of them?
Each zodiac sign corresponds with one of the four physical elements, earth, air, fire, water. The element associated with our zodiac sign will relate to our character natures. Everything that exists is inter-related through correspondences of the elements. Magic observes common qualities between things and concepts referred to as 'correspondences'. These magical correspondences are not literal but symbolic.

In astrology the elements can describe qualities of temperament and personality. Fire would be a passionate or possibly combative character; Water would suggest an emotional and compassionate nature; Earth relates to a stable & analytical nature; Air would suggest intelligence for intelligence's sake. We all need all 4 to be balanced, just like the Circle.

Astrological correspondences
Fire (Aries, Leo, Sagittarius)
Earth (Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn)
Air (Gemini, Libra, Aquarius)
Water (Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces)

When we refer to "The 5 Elements", we're talking about the basic states of matter - solid/earth, gas/air, plasma/fire, liquid/water and the etheric/spirit. Each state has different features that sets it apart from the others, and has it's own properties and behaviors. All 5 are always present.
Shadee

Post by Shadee »

I think I understand. Thank you. I was hesitant about this, thinking people would say I'm more "Water" than "Air", but, I don't know. Maybe I just don't know myself fully yet ^^
T'a Nuk

Post by T'a Nuk »

Gemnini, so, Air. My bride would say that it explains alot...
PhoenixRising

Post by PhoenixRising »

My wife and I are both Leos, so most definitely Fire! Of course, between my screen name, the tattoo on my right arm, my avatar, and my profession, I can neither hide nor deny it if I wanted to!
Bluerose31

Post by Bluerose31 »

Stonehenge wrote:What is your element?

Mine is fire - Sagittarius
Mine is fire-Leo. But i feel much closer to the element water. I am very emotional and sensitive.
barker

Post by barker »

I chose fire because Fire is the elemental that I work with. I am really a capricorn which is an earth sigh but however fire is more like my work, which is burning grass. Anyway: i am earth sign capricorn which means I don't take risks unless they are highly intelligent and educated. Back to my fire elemental : anyone ever with an magnifying glass burned an ant? Yeah, the memory does not leave the sun!!! That is how you keep the Flame.

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”