Is Spirit an element too?

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.
.xAlyssa.

Is Spirit an element too?

Post by .xAlyssa. »

Just wanted to know... Have heard people talking about it and i just wanted to know if it really was an element... I do believe it is and that there are actually five elements and not four but just wanted to know from you guys.
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

I mostly work with 4 elements out of habit. It's what I've grown up with and what my soul will respond to. I take change as a fifth force to those four elements. It's not an element in itself but it's an important power.

But also, I see how this will only works for me because I've grown up like this, in others it will be anther system. So the question is always, what's in your system?
Dragony

Post by Dragony »

hmm what are demonic attacks but just an attack on your spirit. when you are made fun of a lot cant it not break your spirit? cant love heal someones wailing spirit on an emotional scale spirit can be an element. (hey i got spirit how about you?) to attack with spirit is tricky to figure< to heal with spirit is easy, but to attack the spirit is easier as crazy as i might sound right now but thats my opinion.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Is Spirit an element too?

Post by SpiritTalker »

as we are made up of the elements, I relate to Spirit as consciousness. I can see, hear, touch, taste and be aware. The part of us that connects us to all things is awareness, as close as I can find a word for it.
lizzel21

Post by lizzel21 »

I absolutly think spirit is an element, its the fifth point on the pentacle. I've always resonated most with spirit and it is the element I call on the most for that reason.
T'a Nuk

Post by T'a Nuk »

Spirit is an element just as a plasma is a state of matter. It is a vibratory form unique to itself.
Connorsmith4L

Post by Connorsmith4L »

I have always counted spirit as an element, so yes, in my eyes it is indeed!
Ethereal Moon Rose

Post by Ethereal Moon Rose »

Absolutely. Spirit (or Aether) is the least dense of the five elements.
HopefulChild

Post by HopefulChild »

I count "spirit" and "ancestors" to be the same.

In calling on the elements I've never called to spirit, by that word but I call to my ancestors. I call the elements, and then my ancestors.

Those that came before, are not gone, but moved on. If I move from here to there, I do not cease to exist. I just don't exist in the exact same place as I did before. I think spirit is this. Living spirit is a hurricane of activity. Changing so rapidly from one moment to the next that it can't be "tracked".

Where as spirit that has moved from here to "there", is more stable. It reached the state it was supposed to reach to move on. That is what you call on. The stability of the state which is post-living spirit.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Ethereal Moon Rose wrote:Absolutely. Spirit (or Aether) is the least dense of the five elements.
We call in the energies of Ether/Spirit every time we cast circle these days. It makes sense too that it is the place of ancestors, past and future. In my veiw it is Cerridwen's great cauldron where she stirs the brew of life death and rebirth. A cauldron that all our ancestors will pass through, coming and going.
The Ether is the place the energy of ones candle magic goes. From the dense Earth like candle, to Fire, to Air and finally Ether where magic and healing happens. Or the prayers wafting up on the smoke of your incense ultimately go from Air to Ether.
Ether is unseeable, yet glimpses into past present and future happen in the void of deep metitation and other astral work. It is the tweeny places that are neither here nor there, the quick glimpse out of the corner of your eye, it is intuition and gut responses because the messages you are receiving at that time are trying to break through earthly barriers.
Ether to me is the residence of the Gods and Goddesses.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Perhaps another word for spirit as element is morphogenic field?
Deerstep

Post by Deerstep »

I've always thought of it as solid (earth), liquid (water), gas (air), plasma (fire), and then spirit is a different state of matter.
Cuz, you know... raising and lowering vibrations. Made sense to me.
I was originally thinking Bose-Einstein Condensate, but that state of matter only occurs at temperatures near 0 Kelvin, making it the lowest possible vibrational state. Doesn't make a ton of sense for an element that represents the highest possible spiritual vibrations.
Still working on my theory, though.
"You're mad, bonkers, completely off your head. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are." ~Lewis Carroll
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Deerstep wrote:I've always thought of it as solid (earth), liquid (water), gas (air), plasma (fire), and then spirit is a different state of matter.
Cuz, you know... raising and lowering vibrations. Made sense to me.
I like your scientific mindset. :)

Do you study alchemy?
I was originally thinking Bose-Einstein Condensate, but that state of matter only occurs at temperatures near 0 Kelvin, making it the lowest possible vibrational state. Doesn't make a ton of sense for an element that represents the highest possible spiritual vibrations.
Still working on my theory, though.
It only "occurs" at the low temperature because that's the temperature necessary to capture it with current technology. Otherwise, the higher "elements" are always more active and volatile that the lowers. If you dont slow them down then you'll never see them.
Deerstep

Post by Deerstep »

I like your scientific mindset. :)

Do you study alchemy?
No, but it looks intriguing to say the least. As they say, magic is just science we don't understand yet. Besides, who says that they can't coexist?
It only "occurs" at the low temperature because that's the temperature necessary to capture it with current technology. Otherwise, the higher "elements" are always more active and volatile that the lowers. If you dont slow them down then you'll never see them.
You make a good point.
"You're mad, bonkers, completely off your head. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are." ~Lewis Carroll
CoNiGMa

Post by CoNiGMa »

I consider it to be the human element, our consciousness so to speak. We commune with all other elements, and spirit comprises of all the others. I have an entry in my Book of Shadows.

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”