confused

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.
jokecokecs

confused

Post by jokecokecs »

so here is the dealio (yes, i just said "dealio". Im weird like that) :

I am a Cancer, so my element should be water.
But I am more "in tune" with fire. which is the complete opposite of water. This kinda troubles me. So which one am I? Water or Fire?
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Ah but why should it be water?

Because your parents happened to conceive and hence you were born in a certain month?

Or is your personality more important?

Star signs? I laugh at star signs! *I* decide what element i am purely from my personality, as do you. I am a fire, coincidentally i was born under leo the lion of fire, however... I am fire because in mundane life i am a fire, warm to those i like, those that treat me well, yet unforgiving and harsh to fools that stoke me and i dont feel pity for those i burn, just looking at some of the encounters i have had on these forums shows that (as do the posts that are "missing"....).

No star sign, no month, no number can tell you who you are. You are you, and you make these decisions.
jokecokecs

Post by jokecokecs »

thank you so much! that helps me out alot! :)
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

I hope so, it is you that controls magick, dont be afraid to dominate yourself and the world around you, if you dont believe in yourself then what can you believe in?
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

Just because you are atrracted to fire does not totally cut you off from the other elements. While elements have "oppisites" that does not mean they can no coexist, all elements are with in you.
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

Not to mention, if you simply want to talk star signs, you've got your sun sign and your rising sign, and which degree each of the planets were in, and the influence of other planets and stars...etc etc. It gets complicated. So a lot of people's elements don't match their birth "star sign", and that's perfectly okay.
FireSpirit

Post by FireSpirit »

I think people are connected to all the elements, but can have a certain connection with one or more. My personality is completly fire, but I feel a connection with water as well. Even though in the natural world water would "defeat" fire, when you're dealing with magic you're going outside the binds of science. So, therefore, you can have a connection with both of them, regardless of their opposites in the natural world.
WatchfulEyeTheButterfly

Post by WatchfulEyeTheButterfly »

I'm a leo, which is supposed to be fire, but I think I'm more of a water. It's what YOU think is right. :)
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

FireSpirit wrote:I think people are connected to all the elements, but can have a certain connection with one or more. My personality is completly fire, but I feel a connection with water as well. Even though in the natural world water would "defeat" fire, when you're dealing with magic you're going outside the binds of science. So, therefore, you can have a connection with both of them, regardless of their opposites in the natural world.
identifying with elements brings suffering. I love you,
but we cannot be these.. we can only be love.
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”