Forum Upgrades / Moving Hosts

L.J.Hex

Re: FORUM IS CLOSING (Well, maybe not)

Post by L.J.Hex »

So its not as bad as we thought, awesome. :) I was prepared to dig thread by thread, post by post and copy/paste everything I've bookmarked... That would have been a lot of work.

I think this drive towards facebook isn't good at all... First of all, spybook can't be trusted, they can delete/ban what ever as they wish, there are at least advert AI digging into everything there, with 99,999% probability more than just advert AI. The interface sucks for real discussion and old school forum has its charm which no other kind of platform does.

I could say the same for everything else, how many bands, artists, companies etc. only have facebook pages? As if facebook has become the exgtent of the internet. Centralize everything, that has sucked since day one. Google. enough said.

Anyway, that's some very nice news that EUTM will stay running for now. :)
By my feet the flowers of witchery abloom.

SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

It is lovely how we all agree that forum database is useful to be kept accessible.
Personally I'd just like to ask that all ghost and paranormal stories topics be kept. I fancy to read all of those that are here one day.

I'm sorry that I can't help you with the phpBB back up. Perhaps searching for keywords in such fashion, such as 'phpBB export option' would provide results. Hacked and malfunctioning things in IT are pain. Half of software I put on Linux doesn't work, would require reboot, lol.
יהשוה ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ
"toll the Silver iterance" Elizabeth B. Browning
"Perfect till the nightingales applauded." Robert Browning
אהיה אשר אהיה

L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

I'm all for saving the paranormal etc. forum stuff too. I've been really digging deep into this stuff lately and there's a lot which I haven't even read yet.

And also I'm in for finding a way to keep this site alive, we will find the ways to make it work. :) Hmm... I could even consider volunteering to become a moderator if help is needed? Its a long time since I did that, but I was a mod+admin on our bands forum for years back in the day and that forum used nearly the same platform as EUTM does. So keep that in mind if you guys need help.

This forum is like a safe haven for all witchy stuff, fantastic database for everything and there's so many nice people here. I don't mind if its quiet and that discussion forum format is a relic of bygone times, I like it here. ^_^

RavenClaw

Post by RavenClaw »

Thank you Starwitch for providing a safe forum and blessings to you.

Thought I'd chime in with my two cents. I haven't been here for very long and I do prefer forums. Discord is my second preference and there's no way I'm touching Face Book as it has a legal problem here in Canada along with other issues.
Knowledge without understanding is not wisdom. (An excerpt from a message I channeled from a Deity.)

Lenaleanna

Post by Lenaleanna »

:fairy: Yay!!! :flyingwitch: smiley_dance *** Celebrating that it's not closing!!! smileylove
When the ground gives way and your world collapses, maybe you just need to have faith. And trust that you can survive this. Maybe you just need to hold on tight. And no matter what, don't let go.

ThunderFog

Post by ThunderFog »

I just saw this now, haven't been checking as often cus busy and relative died recently, have you considered setting up donations and ads?
The ability to question our way of thinking is what shows our intelligence.

GemmaVonDrachä

Post by GemmaVonDrachä »

Idk if you all do Paganspace at all but so far it's an app that's basically Facebook for pagans! Literally about to cry reading this. But nothing lasts forever!
Ținerea este mai greu decât a câștiga
Keeping is harder than winning

firebirdflys
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Post by firebirdflys »

Gemma! we're still here! for awhile!

GemmaVonDrachä

Post by GemmaVonDrachä »

Yeah I seen that as soon as I posted lol
Ținerea este mai greu decât a câștiga
Keeping is harder than winning

RosieMoonflower

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Star witch, I would be happy to donate to the cause. Can we all pitch in and keep the site going past the Nov. 2021 date? Keep us posted and I’d be more than happy to contribute handsomely.

Rosie

L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

I could participate at some point too, woulf paypal work? I love this forum, its the only forum I visit these days as most oldies are gone and forgotten.

evil ed

Post by evil ed »

RosieMoonflower wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:55 am
Star witch, I would be happy to donate to the cause. Can we all pitch in and keep the site going past the Nov. 2021 date? Keep us posted and I’d be more than happy to contribute handsomely.

Rosie
I'm a crystal vendor and would be more than willing to donate for the cause!
By the prickling of my thumbs,
something Wiccan this way comes!

Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Thanks guys! I might eventually set up a donation button for anyone who wants to support the forum and its maintenance. It's truly unbelievable how many things go wrong every time I have this thing upgraded. But if you don't upgrade it, you get hacked, then you're dealing with a whole nother set of problems that you have to hire someone to fix. Running a forum is so much crazier than just running an html site (like the rest of my website.)

RosieMoonflower

Post by RosieMoonflower »

@Starwitch I just want you to know how much we all appreciate what you do. I’m not tech savvy enough to run a forum or a website and the fact that you have given so much of your time and money to run this for us is beyond gracious. This place means a lot to many of us and anything we can do to help, or even compensate you for your time I am open to helping with!

Rosie

Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Re: Forum Upgrades/Moving Hosts

Post by Starwitch »

Thanks guys! I might eventually set up a donation button for anyone who wants to support the forum and its maintenance. It's truly unbelievable how many things go wrong every time I have this thing upgraded. But if I don't upgrade it, it gets hacked, then I'm dealing with a whole nother set of problems that I have to hire someone to fix. Running a forum is so much crazier than just running an html site (like the rest of my website.)

We're still having problems and will be moving the forum again. If I were you, I'd avoid this place for a couple days.

Return to “EUTM Rules and Announcements”