Other "web album" instructions will be different from what I've written here, but the concept is the same: you are parking your picture somewhere online in the web album, and EUTM is retrieving it from there, and displaying it in your post. I used Picasa for this example.
To post pics:
1. Upload a photo you have saved on your computer to an online web album such as Picasa
2. In most web albums, there is some kind of "Share" option that enables you to embed the photo. In Picasa, when you click on the photo after you've uploaded it, you'll see the words, "Link to this photo
" on the lower right.
3. When you click on that, you have a choice to "Embed image
." Select the size you want the image displayed, otherwise it will default to an itty bitty thumbnail size. Also, select "Image only (no link)
" (which is confusing because the address is
a link, but I think "no link" refers to it not being visible to readers)
4. Next, click in the "Embed image
" box, which will highlight the embed address for the image in blue; copy the link.
Picasa's web album looks like this (see lower right):
(pic is from my "Cool Celtic Cloaks
5. Paste the embed link in the Compose Message screen you're writing your post in. With the link highlighted, click the button located at the top that says, "Img
," and it will add image tags to either side of the embed link. It will look something like this:
When you select "Preview
" in the Compose Message screen, you will see exactly how your post will look with the pic in it. You can edit it if you scroll down toward the bottom of that screen. If you like how everything looks, click "Submit
" and your post will "go live" on the message board.
Please let me know if you have any questions about any difficulties you're having, post here or PM me.
P.S.: It's a good idea to click "Save draft
" once in a while if you are writing a long post. Also, I get a "not allowed" message when I tried to upload JPGs and PNGs, which were less than 800 pixels, using the "Add Attachment" function at the bottom of the Compose Message screen, so I could not upload pics that way, though I believe we are supposed to be able to -? Maybe someone else knows what's up with that.