Self Dedication & Self Initiation

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Mannun

Self Dedication & Self Initiation

Post by Mannun »

I have heard of a Self Dedication ritual that dedicates a person to a particular path. I have also been informed of a Self-Initiation, which I have never seen a ritual for... sometimes I wonder if the Dedication rite is being mistaken for the Initiation Rite. I personally do not believe you can Self-Initiate, as I am a strong believer in that for one to be Initiated it must be done by someone who has already been Initiated onto whatever path you are looking for Initiation on. However it is possible to dedicate ones self to a path. What are others thoughts on this??
juliaki

Post by juliaki »

Your thoughts mirror mine... you cannot self-initiate, but you certainly can dedicate yourself to a particular practice, deity, or belief system.
[WitchMomma]

Post by [WitchMomma] »

I agree with both of you.

Personally I don't feel any need to be initiated to anything. I am dedicated and that is all I need. I dedication ritual is very nice and welcoming when your are surrounded by people who support you. That is what I am all for.
[Obsidian]

Post by [Obsidian] »

I agree. Having sid that, there are paths that will allow you to study outside a coven to then be initiated when you have learned enough. The Korellian Tradition does that for example.

Harry
watershield
Banned Member

Post by watershield »

Dedicate....to set apart for a purpose
Initiate....to become a member (of a group, club or community)

You can dedicate yourself to anything, but to become a member of anything you must first be accepted
The mind is a window to the universe, but for many the window is closed
Truth is unique, it seldom has meaning for anyone other than the one who speaks it.
My opinion is my own. I am willing to share it, though you are not required to accept it.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”