self-initiation

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Zero_TheBenevolent

self-initiation

Post by Zero_TheBenevolent »

alrighty, so i've finally found a spot to set up my alter. i'm gonna have my self-initiation soon and was wondering what essentials i might need (and i'm a little low on cash). i have some other sources i could go to of course like google, but i was hoping for a more credible source, and this is as credible a community to me on terms of witchcraft. (a little bit of ego feeding there :wink: ) muchas gracias mi amigos.
Makbawehuh
Banned Member

Post by Makbawehuh »

You need you and your own will and your own faith. Everything else is optional.
~St. Makupuff the Awesome~

"The human race will begin solving it's problems on the day that it ceases taking itself so seriously." – Malaclypse the Younger

The Hell Law says that Hell is reserved exclusively for them that believe in it.
Further, the lowest Rung in Hell is reserved for them that believe in it on the supposition that they'll go there if they don't.

-Holy Book of Truth; The Gospel According to Fred, 3:1 (Principia Discordia)
watershield
Banned Member

Post by watershield »

Sooo...what are you dedicating yourself to?
The mind is a window to the universe, but for many the window is closed
Truth is unique, it seldom has meaning for anyone other than the one who speaks it.
My opinion is my own. I am willing to share it, though you are not required to accept it.
Zero_TheBenevolent

forgive me, another one of my hasty posts. i'm dedicating myself to the Goddess, to Wicca. however, i'm not exactly completely ready. i still need to meditate on a few things, for instance which God and Goddess i'd like to work with. i just like to be prepared, in terms of supplies along with anything spiritual, when that time comes. i was just a little over excited that i'd finally found a place for my alter.

anyway, if anyone has some help they could lend a "newb" like myself, it would be very much appreciated. and thank you watershield, for pointing out my ignorance (in not so many words, of course) ^_^ if i still am ignorant to what you mean, please correct me (and i promise, this is not sarcasm)

Zero
juliaki

Post by juliaki »

I personally don't believe that "self-initiation" is possible, however if you choose to perform a *dedication*, what you'd need would depend on the ritual that you are writing for yourself. I think it is very important that if you are going to be doing a dedication ritual alone, you should write it from scratch instead of using someone else's "prefab" ritual, as that will be more meaningful to you.
Zero_TheBenevolent

one of the reasons for the "forgive me" was for my wording. i meant dedication, i just couldn't think of the word at the time. happens to the best of us

and also, thank you for the suggestion. the only problem is i'm no good at that kinda thing. perhaps it'll come to me in meditation as well.
watershield
Banned Member

Post by watershield »

I am also of the view that you can not self dedicate to wicca.
You might to your patron God/Goddess.

Wicca is a legally recignised religion. It has an initiation phase where one learns the specific traditions of the order and then becomes a member of a coven. Wiccea is a title that is earned not assumed.

I know, lots of people say they are wiccians, but in fact they are pagans who share some of the ideas of wicca as they have come to know it. Unless they have been in a coven they can never learn the inner workings and rituals.
Truth is unique, it seldom has meaning for anyone other than the one who speaks it.
My opinion is my own. I am willing to share it, though you are not required to accept it.
Zero_TheBenevolent

in that case, how do i go about dedicating myself to my deity? and again, what supplies would i need? you guys are just making this too difficult then it has to be :P
Makbawehuh
Banned Member

Post by Makbawehuh »

That really depends on your deity... and I would suggest you decide -which- deity first. Do some research, find out what that one likes. Really, though, I'm sure most will understand if you don't have much to work with.
~St. Makupuff the Awesome~

"The human race will begin solving it's problems on the day that it ceases taking itself so seriously." – Malaclypse the Younger

The Hell Law says that Hell is reserved exclusively for them that believe in it.
Further, the lowest Rung in Hell is reserved for them that believe in it on the supposition that they'll go there if they don't.

-Holy Book of Truth; The Gospel According to Fred, 3:1 (Principia Discordia)
Zero_TheBenevolent

heh, yeah, sorry for such an ignorant post. i'll take this advice and figure my path out first.
watershield
Banned Member

Post by watershield »

Hey ZB, the only dumb question is the one not asked.

You may try meditation and calling upon your guides to assist you.
[Moondaughter]

Post by [Moondaughter] »

I performed a dedication ritual no too long ago. I was a nervous wreck the whole night before. However, I realized that my anxiety was not needed. I, myself was limited to what I could purchase. Because of that, I agree with Makbawehuh. The main thing I did was write my own dedication. This gave my ritual so much more heart and personality. Good luck with your dedication.
Zero_TheBenevolent

thanks. i can't say enough that all the advice is very much appreciated

Zero
[EarthWitch]

Post by [EarthWitch] »

scott cunninghams book Wicca has a beautiful self dedication rite that you could use or at least guide you. If you don"t have the book or can"t borrow and are interested. PM me and I will try to help.
...not all who wander are lost... (tolkein)

I am the daughter of Earth and Water
and the nursling of the sky-
I pass through the pores of the oceans and shores
I change, but I never die.
-shelley-
Heka
Banned Member
Location: On top of some magic rock in the middle of the desert yelling at the sky in joy...

Post by Heka »

I dedicated myself to be reborn with the god at yule. At first i dedicated my self to wicca but the longer im around the more I see that im a witch harnessings wiccan ideas.

I think technically I dedicated myself to 'the craft' anyway

I didn't do any patron deitys, i havent picked them (or they picked me) yet
Blessed Be and Merry Part

Heka

~~~~~~~

Water, my blood...
Earth, my body...
Air, my breath...
Fire, my spirit...

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”