Musical Suggestions

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Wolf Heart

Musical Suggestions

Post by Wolf Heart »

I have found that I would like more music to listent o when I meditate and do some of my workings, and simply to just relax to. I have a few cds I use. One is called "The Celtic Circle" and is 2 disc but some of the songs get on my nerves because they sound too modern/pop. I'd like some celtic or new age music that was very relaxing, and almost had a silky flow-like feeling to it.
Hope someone understands what I mean lol.

Another CD I have is music from an anime called .hack//sign, it's very nice and rythemic. I use it in my more intense workings. And lastly I own a cd called "The Night of the Wolf" which has a wonderful blend of soft music and the sounds of wolves howling.

So based on this if you have any suggestions for bands, cds, or anything I'd really appreciate it.
~*People fear the beast within the wolf because they do not understand the beast within themselves.*~
wiccachicken
Banned Member

Post by wiccachicken »

Hi honey,
I also went looking for more music and found some fantastic stuff. It's not so much music but more nature sounds that I find are amazing to meditate to and partake in rituals whilst its playing. It's a CD called 'Natural Sounds GOLD' by Llewellyn. Also, if you look on iTunes there are quite a few people who have natural sound tracks that come under the new age category.

I also find some of the chilled out tracks on Charmed good to do magick to. Sounds fluffy but some of the tracks are nice. Like Bell, Book and Candle by Eddi Reader and Courage by Sarah Polley.

Hope that helped a little :D
Take care xxx
being-singular-plural

Post by being-singular-plural »

I like Jonathan Goldman's Chakra Chants, love anything to do with First Nations drums and flutes. I recommend that stuff but totally recommend a fellow named Deuter who does a Reiki music disc and one called Nada Himalaya. One of my favourite spiritual artists of all time is Snatam Kaur--check her work out, it will surely bring you to tears at moments. Shiela Chandra has some cool stuff too like the album ABone Crone Drone. I agree with wiccachicken, Llewellyn has some cool discs to chill too--their Crystal one is fantastic. There's lots more, but I'm sure this is a good start for you.

À L'écoute!

bsp
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

If you want some great Celtic stuff that isn't too modern, try "First Album"
by the The Bothy Band. They are an old-fashioned old school Irish Celtic band and they don't go in for that new fangled foofy stuff.

I like *some* Malicorne, though they go off the deep end with rock occasionally too, since they are like the French version of Steel Eye Span.
(Think "Dead Can Dance" of the late 1960's and 1970's)

Corvus Corax are basically a reconstructionist band doing stuff from ancient Greek to medieval German stuff... though they always sound a bit medieval to me. I even think they even started as an SCA band.

Frankly, I use a lot of Classical music when I meditate, and Michael Harner's shamanic "drumming" cd that features sining bowls. There are a lot of nice recordings with singing bowls, and it has a ageless quality that I like very much.
AkanaAnash

Post by AkanaAnash »

I like to use Berber Chant, Sufi/Qualli trance for an up feel...if I'm chilling..Japanese flute is the bestest-ever!

Thet
"The Prince Of Darkness is a gentleman"
W. Shakespeare
magiqboi

Post by magiqboi »

I would actually suggest mozart.
Mozart helps the keep the brain waves under focus.
or sounds of nature
it depends where you escape to when you meditate.
JacklynSnyder1o1

Post by JacklynSnyder1o1 »

I listen to whatever I want.
Any kind of music helps me.
If I like it I use it.
=)
---
To feel like
Feeling like a teargas
Which slides like an hybrid emotion
To feel like
Feeling like a teargas
Which hurts like artificial love
-♥
mysticfyrefly

Post by mysticfyrefly »

I'm into Enya and puremoods stuff myself but not usually if i'm specifically trying to focus on something. yanni's good too more musical less lyrical.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”