Self initation... anyone done this?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Blazewind

Self initation... anyone done this?

Post by Blazewind »

I have been thinking alot lately about the thought of being dedicated to the craft. I don't know of anyone in my town who could do this for me, but it has occured to me that I can also do it for myself. I know that it is not neccecery to do it at all but th emore I think about it, the more I realize that this is what I want. I wondered, has anyone else here done that for themselves. Does anyone know of some books or websites that would give good inforation on self dedications?
Thanks for any advice. :) :D
Blazewind

The only truely stupid question is the one that no one had the nerve to ask.
Wolf Heart

Post by Wolf Heart »

I was never initiated into the craft. I believe what I believe and practice magick my own way. I don't need someone telling me "your accpeted" in order for me to believe something or claim I believe something.

I would suggest doing research first, books or something. I don't really know of any.

Blessed Be,
Wolf Heart
~*People fear the beast within the wolf because they do not understand the beast within themselves.*~
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

Blazewind, check out "the Complete Book of Witchcraft" by Raymond Buckland. That's a great book and makes a point to cover self initiation.

Wolf-Heart, the point of this is that SHE wants to take the path for herself. There's noone else involved to tell her she's accepted. Her own heart will do that.
Blazewind

Post by Blazewind »

Thanks you. I'm going into a nearby city next week actually. I will go into Chapters while I'm there. I would bet that I could finds that book there. :D
Blazewind

Sercee

Post by Sercee »

You're coming up to Edmonton? Then go to Sanctuary, they always have a copy or two there.
Blazewind

Post by Blazewind »

Oh yes. I like that little store to. I think I will make a point of trying to go down there. I'm bringing my sister to the city anyway, and I think she would like that store too.
Blazewind

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”